+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
I have got my Passport.. My timeline below:

Aug 18, 2020: Passport renewal application package sent to BLS Brampton via Puralator Pickup
Aug 19, 2020: Confirmation of package receipt email from BLS
Aug 20, 2020: Processing start date
Sep 04, 2020: Police verification initiation email
Sep 08, 2020: Police inquiry at home in India
Sep 17, 2020: https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html status changed to "Print has been initiated for passport" from "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate"
Sep 22, 2020: https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html status changed to "Print has been printed". BLS status still "Processing at Consulate General"
Sep 23, 2020: https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html status changed to "Passport has been printed and will be delivered shortly". BLS status changed to "In transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre"
Sep 24, 2020: BLS status changed to "Dispatched via courier" with Purolator tracking number.
Sep 25, 2020: Passport received!

All the best for everyone with the process!
Congratulations!! Thanks for your sharing your application timeline.
I will post an update when I get mine back.

Reactions: bhargavrkk

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Multiple times a day for me. :)
No change. The status only changed to under review yesterday so don't know how quick it will be.
Please post an update here as soon as you see a status change. It's been 5 weeks since I submitted my application and 10 days since police verification was done.

Reactions: Immigreat81

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
Need some advice.
Is it a crime or an offence to stay in canada with expired indian passport which got expired 1 year ago and also the expired PR Card ?
Thanks

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Need some advice.
Is it a crime or an offence to stay in canada with expired indian passport which got expired 1 year ago and also the expired PR Card ?
Thanks
If you're a PR, no, I don't believe so. You need to ask an (immigration) lawyer though to be sure, not a random internet forum.

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Congrats! How many days since it changed from under review?
So it was "under review" before police verification. After police verification it became "passport has been granted" and then it went back to "under review" on 25/09.
I've been checking almost 2-3 times a day. It just got updated.

Reactions: Immigreat81

Nash_jam

Mar 18, 2013
Application submitted to bls on 28th August in person in North york office.
Police clearance email recieved 11th September.
Police clearance done on 14th September.
Received passport today 1st October.

Reactions: h3xx_r_d

devmtl

Aug 25, 2017
Hi All,

What does this status mean "Passport has been handed over by the Embassy/Consulate to the OSP executive for further dispatch to the applicant. " ?

Thank you

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Hi All,

What does this status mean "Passport has been handed over by the Embassy/Consulate to the OSP executive for further dispatch to the applicant. " ?

Thank you
Haven't seen this update yet. Can you share what other updates you've received so far? Also, an approximate timeline of your application would be helpful.