+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

cancan0505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Absolutely. If you want to use purolator you don’t need an appointment. Call the number on the BL website, select English, new application, passport and wait for some time to be connected. Once connected the person on the other end will be more than happy to create purolator links for you through credit card payment.
Oh lovely! From your perspective, is there any risk with using the purolator system vs trying to get an actual appointment?

Omar2007

May 26, 2019
Oh lovely! From your perspective, is there any risk with using the purolator system vs trying to get an actual appointment?
None at all. I think it’s a smart way of doing things - expensive but smart. Just make sure u comply with all that needs to be done for completing the application - signatures, attested copies, relevant docs and appropriate print address selection

Ruchitak

Dec 25, 2018
Hello,
For a PR renewing their passport in Canada (due to expiry coming up), is it necessary to provide a original address proof of Indian address or do copies suffice?
I can get copies of my aadhar card but dont have the original with me in Canada. There is no change in indian address from the current passport

Thank you

Omar2007

May 26, 2019
Hello,
For a PR renewing their passport in Canada (due to expiry coming up), is it necessary to provide a original address proof of Indian address or do copies suffice?
I can get copies of my aadhar card but dont have the original with me in Canada. There is no change in indian address from the current passport

Thank you
Copies of everything is fine. Only the passport is required in original. If you are a PR holder, you will have to choose the Canadian address as your printable address. Indian address as printable address is not acceptable if you are a PR.

Reactions: Ruchitak

Ruchitak

Dec 25, 2018
Copies of everything is fine. Only the passport is required in original. If you are a PR holder, you will have to choose the Canadian address as your printable address. Indian address as printable address is not acceptable if you are a PR.
thank you

sangeshi

Jan 1, 2021
Hello All,
I'm a recent PR and need to renew my passport since up for expiry, my parents are visiting me soon while I go in for passport renewal. Will there be police verification for my India address or anything that needs my parents to be home?
Should I wait for them to get back to india before I submit my passport for renewal ?

Feb 7, 2024
Hello All,
I'm a recent PR and need to renew my passport since up for expiry, my parents are visiting me soon while I go in for passport renewal. Will there be police verification for my India address or anything that needs my parents to be home?
Should I wait for them to get back to india before I submit my passport for renewal ?
Yes, there will be police verification and someone needs to be there for address verification.

Savithav79

Feb 20, 2024
Hi, Just wanted to confirm once with regard to DD for Indian passport renewal. I will be sending it via courier so I am supposed to take DD for 97.7 CAD right?

d13

Jun 9, 2020
One week ago police verification completed in India but here still showing same status that the application is under review at consulate.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi all, I am looking to get an appointment for renewing my passport at BLS in Toronto. There are no appointments available until March 31. Does anyone know when they open up slots for April appointments? I want to snag one as soon as possible.
UPDATE:
Appointments for the month of March at Mississauga, Toronto, and Brampton locations are now available for booking through the BLS system starting today.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hello @Ank1980 , thank you for this information. I just wanted to ask one thing. I currently have submitted my passport re issuance application but I am not able to get any dates in Brampton or Mississauga. Could you please let me know whether you tried finding a date on BLS website or you called to book a walk in appointment? Much appreciate the help.
UPDATE:
Appointments for the month of March at Mississauga, Toronto, and Brampton locations are now available for booking through the BLS system starting today.

Reactions: Godisguru

Jith87

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Absolutely. If you want to use purolator you don’t need an appointment. Call the number on the BL website, select English, new application, passport and wait for some time to be connected. Once connected the person on the other end will be more than happy to create purolator links for you through credit card payment.
Hi Omar,

Can you please let me know which address you selected as printable address? is it canadian or indian? i am PR want to renew my son passport.

Godisguru

Jul 12, 2020
Here is my timeline:
  • 23 Jan - Regular Passport Renewal - BLS Brampton (Appointment)
  • 06 Feb - Under Process. File No. Generated
  • 07 Feb - Police Verification (PV) Initiated
  • 07 Feb - Police Verification (PV) Completed
  • 09 Feb - Print Initiated
  • 21 Feb - Passport Printed
  • 21 Feb - In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre
  • 22 Feb - Ready for Dispatch
Expecting it to be delivered by tomorrow.

d13

Jun 9, 2020
Here is my timeline:
Hi I submitted on 27th Jan and 15th Feb police verification completed but still it is showing under review at consulate.i don't know what to do now?

d13

Jun 9, 2020
Here is my timeline:
Did you tracked yours on India's website or consulate website?