+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Helip0269

Feb 23, 2021
Hello, i just saw that their price has changed to 97.7$ for renewal. Is that a recent change? As i saw many people saying 103$.

IKRAMPATEL79

Jan 21, 2024
Hello, i just saw that their price has changed to 97.7$ for renewal. Is that a recent change? As i saw many people saying 103$.
Yes, it has changed recently, but they have also added a notice saying that - "With Immediate effect, Applicants submitting applications via postal service are advised to prepare a draft of 1.70 $ for passport, OCI and Visa applications." But the price 97.7$ is inclusive of 1.70 $, so not sure why they have asked to prepare a separate draft.

Reactions: Helip0269 and Sjm19

IKRAMPATEL79

Jan 21, 2024
Hello, I submitted my Passport for renewal and BLS rejected my file because they changed their fee on Jan 1st. I submitted my file through Postal on Dec 19th. They have also listed many dumb issues such as handwritten form is not allowed which is impossible since the Passport Renewal Form is electronic. Their Annexure-E form is the only one which requires us to write since it can't be edited(Atleast it didn't work for me). Has anyone faced this issue or are they just trying to get more money out of me? I will have to pay for the postal again. Also, apparently my passport has a sticker on it which was placed on it by CGI and that was another reason for rejection.
Even I submitted on 27th Dec'23 and my application got rejected but it was due to photograph size issue. If the date on your application form was before 1st Jan'24 then it has to be considered with the old fees. And Annexure-E is meant to be hand written, also there shouldn't be stickers at the front of the passport, atleast this is what it is mentioned in my rejection.

But the reapplication has more problems, Let me know if you were able to figure out below answers related to reapplying :

I filled my passport renewal application under Toronto Jurisdiction, but it got rejected due to photo issue. Now I see few things are changed. Can anyone help me answering below questions if they have recently submitted passport renewal application

1. Below is the updated fees structure, but the notice says - "With Immediate effect, Applicants submitting applications via postal service are advised to prepare a draft of 1.70 $ for passport, OCI and Visa applications."

ParticularsPassport fee(CAD$)Consular Surcharge(CAD$)BLS Fee(CAD$)Total fee
Issue of Ordinary Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 36 pages - validity 10 years9331.797.7

Does it mean that I should add one more demand draft of 1.7$ separately or it is already included as part of the above total fee ?

2. Link for Postal service is disabled on the BLS website, what are the other safe ways to schedule pickup/drop service ? Has anyone done directly through Purolator and is it safe for original documents ?

Sjm19

Oct 8, 2018
Can you please post your timeline?
Sure, here it is!
20 Dec 2023 : Application package and fees received
30 Dec 2023 : File number created
2 Jan 2024 : Application under review at embassy
6 Jan 2024 : Received Police verification Request email
12 Jan 2024 : Police called my brother as they received notification for PV
13 Jan 2024 : Brother went and signed the form
15 Jan 2024 : PVR Approved and Submitted as Clear by Police
18 Jan 2024 : Passport printed
20 Jan 2024 : In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre

Muzz049

Jan 22, 2024
Even I submitted on 27th Dec'23 and my application got rejected but it was due to photograph size issue. If the date on your application form was before 1st Jan'24 then it has to be considered with the old fees. And Annexure-E is meant to be hand written, also there shouldn't be stickers at the front of the passport, atleast this is what it is mentioned in my rejection.

But the reapplication has more problems, Let me know if you were able to figure out below answers related to reapplying :

I filled my passport renewal application under Toronto Jurisdiction, but it got rejected due to photo issue. Now I see few things are changed. Can anyone help me answering below questions if they have recently submitted passport renewal application

1. Below is the updated fees structure, but the notice says - "With Immediate effect, Applicants submitting applications via postal service are advised to prepare a draft of 1.70 $ for passport, OCI and Visa applications."

ParticularsPassport fee(CAD$)Consular Surcharge(CAD$)BLS Fee(CAD$)Total fee
Issue of Ordinary Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 36 pages - validity 10 years9331.797.7

Does it mean that I should add one more demand draft of 1.7$ separately or it is already included as part of the above total fee ?

2. Link for Postal service is disabled on the BLS website, what are the other safe ways to schedule pickup/drop service ? Has anyone done directly through Purolator and is it safe for original documents ?
I am also stuck with same questions, please let me know if you get any information.

IKRAMPATEL79

Jan 21, 2024
$1.7 is the part of same total fees, so only one demand draft is required. And for pickup/drop service we need to call them with patience for which the amount has increased to $84.
Also, I have confirmed that both Annexure E and Checklist should be handwritten

Reactions: Muzz049

Neelaish2004

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
$1.7 is the part of same total fees, so only one demand draft is required. And for pickup/drop service we need to call them with patience for which the amount has increased to $84.
Also, I have confirmed that both Annexure E and Checklist should be handwritten
Cant we just type name in Annexure E and sign manually? Kindly confirm or do i need to write whole application in hand written?

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
My passport status on portal3 website shows as printed and 'Dispatch Initiated' Its been around 5 days, and yet it hasn't been shipped back to BLS. Why the delay? :/

Sg12345

Mar 15, 2022
My passport status on portal3 website shows as printed and 'Dispatch Initiated' Its been around 5 days, and yet it hasn't been shipped back to BLS. Why the delay? :/
How much time it took for you to get it from print initiated to printed? For me it's been 10 days in the print initiated.

Anyone has any idea why it's still in the same state for so many days?

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
How much time it took for you to get it from print initiated to printed? For me it's been 10 days in the print initiated.

Anyone has any idea why it's still in the same state for so many days?
Print initiated - 8th Jan
Printed - 15th Jan
So 7 days. Not sure, CGI is super tough to communicate with

Harshavardhancan

Dec 10, 2019
Did you receive printed passport?
Sure, here it is!
20 Dec 2023 : Application package and fees received
30 Dec 2023 : File number created
2 Jan 2024 : Application under review at embassy
6 Jan 2024 : Received Police verification Request email
12 Jan 2024 : Police called my brother as they received notification for PV