+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

gotPrUnderCEC

Star Member
Sep 18, 2021
Hi All,

Can you please help me with this query. i am trying to fill out the application form for renewal of my son passport. In one section, its asking for entering printable address in passport. So i should enter my indian address for printing on the passport right or is it Canadian address?
i would recommend enter same address as in current passport as printable address and in other address put your canadian address. Reason, changing printable address will add verification step

Dec 2, 2021
Hi all
I really need some positive answers for this.
I just came across this forum coz i was looking for some timelines.
I submitted my file for passport renewal by walk-in at BLS brampton
Return postage is paid and everything was submitted on 13/december/2023
I have travel planned for 18 January
There is no update but in review.
Please suggest me good steps or timeline for this situation as i am really worried. They were saying people getting passport in 20 days.

thank you

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Hi all
I really need some positive answers for this.
I just came across this forum coz i was looking for some timelines.
I submitted my file for passport renewal by walk-in at BLS brampton
Return postage is paid and everything was submitted on 13/december/2023
I have travel planned for 18 January
There is no update but in review.
Please suggest me good steps or timeline for this situation as i am really worried. They were saying people getting passport in 20 days.

thank you
Which category have you applied under?

According to this link: https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/passport-faqs/

Normal category 36 page passport booklet: 8 weeks
Normal category 60 page passport booklet: 8 weeks
TATKAL category (only 36 page booklet): 1 week

hakweye

Star Member
Nov 16, 2016
Quick question regarding online form , should it be printed out and photo be attached to it while sending to bls ?

Sg12345

Mar 15, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I walked in to Toronto for passport renewal(normal 36 pages) on 13th December and received police verification email on 28th. However my family member has not yet received the call from local police station and the status in passport portal shows as under review at embassy. Shall I wait for the local police to call or can I approach the police to provide the clearance? Is it possible that police will process the verification without calling my family member? Request your guidance on the same
Thanks

Dec 2, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I walked in to Toronto for passport renewal(normal 36 pages) on 13th December and received police verification email on 28th. However my family member has not yet received the call from local police station and the status in passport portal shows as under review at embassy. Shall I wait for the local police to call or can I approach the police to provide the clearance? Is it possible that police will process the verification without calling my family member? Request your guidance on the same
Thanks
Please let me know if u get any update .. i am in the same situation
I have also submitted my application on 13 December in BLS Brampton
Same police clearance situation
I have travel planned on 18 January

Reactions: Sg12345

FrustratedPRApplicant

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
Hello, I submitted my Passport for renewal and BLS rejected my file because they changed their fee on Jan 1st. I submitted my file through Postal on Dec 19th. They have also listed many dumb issues such as handwritten form is not allowed which is impossible since the Passport Renewal Form is electronic. Their Annexure-E form is the only one which requires us to write since it can't be edited(Atleast it didn't work for me). Has anyone faced this issue or are they just trying to get more money out of me? I will have to pay for the postal again. Also, apparently my passport has a sticker on it which was placed on it by CGI and that was another reason for rejection.

Neil_t

Jun 20, 2018
I need to apply for passport renewal in tatkal in BLS Vancouver. Any suggestions what time do I need to reach there and if someone can share their experience about submission of the documents , it would really really help

amudhavalli85

Jan 8, 2024
I too had same reason for return. I have 2 questions
1. Do i need take draft again for new changed fees?
2. Do i need any address proof for Indian address?

amudhavalli85

Jan 8, 2024
I too had same reason for return. I have 2 questions
1. Do i need take draft again for new changed fees?
2. Do i need any address proof for Indian address?

Sg12345

Mar 15, 2022
Please let me know if u get any update .. i am in the same situation
I have also submitted my application on 13 December in BLS Brampton
Same police clearance situation
I have travel planned on 18 January

Did you get any update or reached out to your regional police station?

Gchahal

Oct 18, 2019
Hi All,
I have submitted my application for renewal. I did mentioned my spouse’s name but didn’t put his indian address because we live here in canada as permanent residents. So, police verification went to my local police station they said they cancelled it because i should have put my husband’s home address and sent it to his local police station. Now, I couldn’t figure out, my passport is showing “under review at indian consulate”. It been 2 days since they cancelled but I didn’t get any update. Also, they did got my parents signatures and stuff but later called and said we cancelled it. Is there any way, i can check if my police verification is done or not or can i change the address now?

biltu83

Jan 11, 2024
Canada
Category........
WP
Hi,

My wife's passport is in print initiated status from 06 Jan 2024. Processed by CGI Toronto. Any idea how much time it may take to print