+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

Sep 16, 2020
Hi,
1) For my kid, address in Passport is India address.
For PR, BLS site mentions to add Canada Address as printable address.
Should I select checkbox for Change in Address?
"Change in Address" applies only if immediate family [like parents or siblings] do not stay there anymore. e.g. if your family has sold the place to someone else and moved to another.
In which case they will probably send someone for verification to your new Indian address.
In my case, its the same house, just that instead of "Printable Address" it is now relegated to "Other Address" and my old/current surrendered passport serves as an address proof.

Hi,

2) Are hand-written Annexure Forms are not acceptable? Do we need to edit PDF?

Thanks
I asked BLS the exact same question, because my "rejection letter/email" mentioned "No hand written applications"
Here is their response. They are referring to the main passport application form [no hand writing, other than signature].
The Annexure form I could not edit in Acrobat.
So I printed it out and filled it in block letters.
Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly this time.
I've spent more $$ on Purolator now, than the actual passport renewal itself

Last edited:

Sjm19

Oct 8, 2018

usa2can4mind

Sep 17, 2019
Hi , how were you able to get these detailed status updates? Where should I check for these updates ?

HI Bhaumik,

Sorry to bother you. I hope you can help me with my question.

Did you say YES or NO to the question where it asked if you have applied for citizenship for another country ? Did you had to provide additionial documents in regards to your citizenship application ?

usa2can4mind

Sep 17, 2019
Hi Cerebros,
How do I check the status as below ?

Posting so that it may help someone.
My passport was expired more than 3 years past.
Needed to get approval from Consulate. Once approved the officer signed my documents so i could go to BLS without appointment. Walked in and paid the fees etc. Here is the timeline. Will update once i receive the passport.
EMP ActionEVENT_DESCLast Modified DateStatus Desc
Application Form Submitted2023-09-27 T00:00:00Submitted
Sent To Go2023-09-27T00:00:00Granting Initiated
ClearGranting Status Set as 'Clear'2023-09-30T00:00:00Application Granted on pre police verification basis
PV Initiated2023-09-30T00:00:00PV Initiated
Approved and Submitted as Clear by PolicePVR for CAT075052407523-PPF-PA is Approved and Submitted as Clear by Police2023-10-16T00:00:00Submitted
Print Initiated2023-10-16T00:00:00Print Initiated
PrintedPrinted: Passport No. Y8945923 of type Ordinary-Normal2023-10-17T00:00:00Printed

Sjm19

Oct 8, 2018
1. How to self-attest documents? Just signature is enough? or do I need to write "Self-Attested" along with date??
2. Cover letter should be hand written or typed & printed?

Last edited:

Rajangreen

Dec 4, 2023
My passport status is showing "Passport sent by CPPF to Issuing RPO".
In the inspect mode I was able to get my new passport number and tracking number for the passport delivery to the Ottawa (from India). When I checked the status using the tracking number, It says delivered to Ottawa Service Area.

Do anyone knows how many days they take to made the passport collection available at BLS (mine is walk-in application) post delivered. I believe this delivery would have happened to high commission and then it would go to BLS. Any clue?

poonamss

Oct 14, 2022
Hi All, I understand this thread is for Passport renewal so I felt someone on this thread might be able to help:

my mother currently holds a super visa which will expire in July 2023 because her Indian passport is expiring at that time.I wish to get her passport renewed through BLS Brampton while she is here with me because in India the process takes longer. I tried calling BLS but no luck yet: does anyone know if we can get an Indian passport renewed at CGI TORONTO with a validity of 10 years(if the person is a visitor with either supervisa or tourist visa on their passport)? I did some reading and I found in one of CGI’s documentation that if someone holds a visitor visa etc on their current passport then if they are renewing that passport the new passport validity is only 2 years. Wanted to check if someone has gone through that process please. Because no point if I apply for renewal here and CGI gives only 2 year validity, I would rather then go through the renewal process in India and get 10 year validity and then apply for her supervisa.
[/QUOTE
Did u get your mom’s passport renewed? i have same situation and having doubt for less validity of 2 years on passport

ndubey04

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
1. How to self-attest documents? Just signature is enough? or do I need to write "Self-Attested" along with date??
2. Cover letter should be hand written or typed & printed?
hi. Can you pls help confirming what did you do for both the points ? And did it work for you ?

Sjm19

Oct 8, 2018
hi. Can you pls help confirming what did you do for both the points ? And did it work for you ?
1. For self-attestation - I signed the documents with date.
2. For cover letter - typed and printed.
Not sure if it worked or not as I posted the application and haven't heard back yet.

gotPrUnderCEC

Star Member
Sep 18, 2021
hi all, i m applying for my 5 year old daughter passport renewal, there is a Annexure E to be submitted which is to be signed by the applicant. Can anyone help how to proceed with annexure e when submtting for minor, is it thumb impression of the child or signed by parent

Jith87

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

Can you please help me with this query. i am trying to fill out the application form for renewal of my son passport. In one section, its asking for entering printable address in passport. So i should enter my indian address for printing on the passport right or is it Canadian address?