+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

ZEDHAD

Aug 15, 2022
You can submit your application for sponsorship without passport. once she receives any letter from IRCC she can attach that along with the self attested letter why she never renewed the passport and apply for renewal.
In this case passport has been expired for more than 3 years so she needs approval from Indian consulate in Canada for the application
otherwise BLS will return her application.
If you are in Toronto there is open house at consulate every Wednesday at 3. She can take her file there and get approval quickly. Then submit passport renewal application at BLS. Also she will need to add the Canadian passport for the sponsor. I hope this answers your question.
Thank you so much for this!

sdht

Oct 10, 2023
I just got back my renewed passport under tatkaal. I used the pickup and dropoff service. Here was my timeline:

* Preparing documents: Everything in the BLS checklist only. Added extra photograph in envelope, even though I read BLS doesn't need the second one? Did not submit the "Personal Particulars Form" mentioned on the consulate website. I also included a cover letter explaining which documents I submitted for address proof. I used my Indian address as the main one and the Canadian address as secondary, which is allowed as I'm here on a study permit.
New Indian address proof: aadhaar + dad's passport with address
Canadian address proof: Temporary paper driving license + old driving license + rental agreement (didn't want to risk it)
Fees: Demand draft from CIBC

* Mon Sept 25: Submitted all documents to Purolator pickup. The person brought a free envelope so I just had to put the documents in the envelope and give him the Purolator label.
* Tue Sept 26: Reached BLS and under processing
* Fri Sept 29: Sent to consulate
* Mon Oct 2: Reached consulate
* Wed Oct 4: Police verification initiated
* Thu Oct 5: Passport processed and sent back to BLS, even before police verification is done. Maybe because it was already verified before as secondary address?
* Fri Oct 6: Dad completed verification at police station. Passport picked up by Purolator.
* Tue Oct 10: New passport delivered "next business day". Mon was a holiday.

It worked out well for me. Status was regularly updated on BLS tracking website and did not have to call anyone. Pickup and dropoff was convenient as there were no appointments till mid of October and I heard walk-ins have a long lines? Extra charge was ~$62 for courier + $10 for demand draft.

Happy to answer any questions.

aj970031

Jul 31, 2017
Thank you for the response, I called BLS today and they asked me to mark the answer to the question NO if I have not yet received the citizenship. I am a little paranoid now, I asked her if this is misrepresentation but she mentioned it is not. so a little confused
What finally became of this? Same boat, 6 months behind you haha

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
What finally became of this? Same boat, 6 months behind you haha
Sorry my citizenship oath came through just in time, so we didn't end up renewing the Indian passport. But I will recommend calling BLS they are pretty accurate with the answers and follow what they recommend

aj970031

Jul 31, 2017
Sorry my citizenship oath came through just in time, so we didn't end up renewing the Indian passport. But I will recommend calling BLS they are pretty accurate with the answers and follow what they recommend
That’s literally what we were talking about today that the oath might come in exactly the moment we apply for passport renewal. #MurphysLaw
Good for you! Thanks again.

Vptl

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
I submitted my passport to BLS for renewal on Sep: 29. Since Oct 7 status is print has been inititated for passport.

Anyone knows how long it will take to get the passport back?

digu

Oct 10, 2023
Hello,

I applied for my application on 2nd of October 2023 in a regular way. Can you please tell me how you applied for yours under 'Tatkal' ? When I applied they said that they don't have Tatkal category available now. Is there any way to expedite our application as it has already been submitted and under review with Consulate?

Cerebros

Nov 27, 2008
Posting so that it may help someone.
My passport was expired more than 3 years past.
Needed to get approval from Consulate. Once approved the officer signed my documents so i could go to BLS without appointment. Walked in and paid the fees etc. Here is the timeline. Will update once i receive the passport.
EMP ActionEVENT_DESCLast Modified DateStatus Desc
Application Form Submitted2023-09-27 T00:00:00Submitted
Sent To Go2023-09-27T00:00:00Granting Initiated
ClearGranting Status Set as 'Clear'2023-09-30T00:00:00Application Granted on pre police verification basis
PV Initiated2023-09-30T00:00:00PV Initiated
Approved and Submitted as Clear by PolicePVR for CAT075052407523-PPF-PA is Approved and Submitted as Clear by Police2023-10-16T00:00:00Submitted
Print Initiated2023-10-16T00:00:00Print Initiated
PrintedPrinted: Passport No. Y8945923 of type Ordinary-Normal2023-10-17T00:00:00Printed

Jul 13, 2019
Hi
My query is for my son's passport renewal request and he is minor(5 years old). I am doing Postal application. so want to understand below:

1) Do we need send original passport of mine and my wife too?
2) Do we need to send his(my son's) original passport?
3) Also, Do we need to send original COPR for him and ours?

If any one has gone through Postal application of minor, please share the list of documents you had sent in envelope. Thanks

Oct 22, 2023
Hi,

I'm not in Canada - applying from a European country, but looking at the statusMap has been very helpful.

However, after printed with the passport #, the granular status changed to "QC Rejected" while the customer-facing status is "
Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.

Does this indicate printing problems? Any potential reason to worry? I could not find any search result with a similar status

For more context: this was a simple reissue with no change in personal particulars with no-PV mode.

Thanks!

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hello All,
My parents got PR last year and we are staying in Canada. I want to renew my father's passport. I have to provide "Other Address" which should be indian address.
We stayed in Bangalore and we have related address proof of bangalore , but now no one physically exist in that address. I am planning to give my father-in-law address as Indian address which is in Mumbai.
My doubt is my father didn't have any address proof for Mumbai , so how the police verification will pass? Any one in same situation ?

Sep 16, 2020
Hi all,
My passport application was sent back by the BLS postal team.
After a lot of time reading online, I specified my Indian address [same as old passport] as my printed address.
And my current Canadian address as "other address".
They are insisting on my current Canadian address to be the "printed address"
I'm not too keen on the idea of some rooming house to be my address on something like a passport.
Oh well, maybe its just a fixation that I'll get over soon.
They also mentioned "stickers and defacement" of the passport. These are COVID test stickers affixed at Toronto and Dubai airports from 2022.
They also mentioned "hand written applications".
The only thing that I filled out by hand, were the Annexure E, and the personal details in the BLS checklist.

Is there a way to delete the old form from the Indian govt website, or do I just create a new application?
Thank you.
I'm attaching a screenshot of the email from BLS, just in case it helps anyone who's starting out with their passport renewal process.

sudeeppanshikar

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
I just got back my renewed passport under tatkaal. I used the pickup and dropoff service. Here was my timeline:

* Preparing documents: Everything in the BLS checklist only. Added extra photograph in envelope, even though I read BLS doesn't need the second one? Did not submit the "Personal Particulars Form" mentioned on the consulate website. I also included a cover letter explaining which documents I submitted for address proof. I used my Indian address as the main one and the Canadian address as secondary, which is allowed as I'm here on a study permit.
New Indian address proof: aadhaar + dad's passport with address
Canadian address proof: Temporary paper driving license + old driving license + rental agreement (didn't want to risk it)
Fees: Demand draft from CIBC

* Mon Sept 25: Submitted all documents to Purolator pickup. The person brought a free envelope so I just had to put the documents in the envelope and give him the Purolator label.
* Tue Sept 26: Reached BLS and under processing
* Fri Sept 29: Sent to consulate
* Mon Oct 2: Reached consulate
* Wed Oct 4: Police verification initiated
* Thu Oct 5: Passport processed and sent back to BLS, even before police verification is done. Maybe because it was already verified before as secondary address?
* Fri Oct 6: Dad completed verification at police station. Passport picked up by Purolator.
* Tue Oct 10: New passport delivered "next business day". Mon was a holiday.

It worked out well for me. Status was regularly updated on BLS tracking website and did not have to call anyone. Pickup and dropoff was convenient as there were no appointments till mid of October and I heard walk-ins have a long lines? Extra charge was ~$62 for courier + $10 for demand draft.

Happy to answer any questions.
Do we need to submit the original passport ?