+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

GSM786

Feb 6, 2022
Hello everyone,

I applied via walk-in on 28th June 2023, My police verification was conducted on 20th July i.e. about 2 weeks ago now. The only status change that I have seen on the high commission's application tracking is from fees received to "Application under processing". I didn't see any status change for Police verification started or completed. It's been more than 4 weeks now and I was wondering should I be concerned as there is no status updates or is it normal? and after how long they usually initiate the print after police verification? Any help would be really appreciated.

Jul 9, 2023
Hello everyone,

I applied via walk-in on 28th June 2023, My police verification was conducted on 20th July i.e. about 2 weeks ago now. The only status change that I have seen on the high commission's application tracking is from fees received to "Application under processing". I didn't see any status change for Police verification started or completed. It's been more than 4 weeks now and I was wondering should I be concerned as there is no status updates or is it normal? and after how long they usually initiate the print after police verification? Any help would be really appreciated.
You can check the status of your application using these steps: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/indian-passport-renewal-from-bls-toronto.558990/post-9746938

The police verification status appears in the background code, not as a status message when you track the application.

Reactions: Kanusaabg
Jul 9, 2023
Just received my passport via Purolator. Submitted 4 July, granted on police verification not required basis. Received 9 August.

Pretty seamless though getting the actual application in took two visits (BLS gave appointments for a day their office was closed, so I had to go back again), and they charged an additional $40 for changing the emergency contact and printing my tax return as address proof.

ZEDHAD

Aug 15, 2022
Hoping someone here can provide some insight as I have read through over 100 pages of this thread with no clear answer to my friend's situation.

1. Came to Canada with her family from India
2. Husband applied for asylum for family without wife's consent/knowledge
3. Husband abused wife and daughter. Wife took children and moved away.
4. Wife met Canadian Citizen fell in love, and after a couple of years applied for inland spousal sponsorship (common-law). No status in Canada for wife.
5. Asylum claim refused. Wife's passport still with CBSA. Expired more than 3 years
6. Sponsorship application to be approved soon
7. Applied to BLS to renew passport but BLS wants letter from IRB and documents to prove status in Canada

Question 1 - Can she be approved in Canada with an expired passport? Assuming she applies to CBSA and has it returned to her
Question 2 -If so, can she use the PR Card to apply for a new Indian passport?
Question 3 - If she submits the Indian Consulate Form to the IRB, will their response indicate that she applied for asylum previously and was refused? Or will it simply say that she does not have a current claim at the IRB?

Most important question - Are there any options available to her? She has been dealt a bad situation and she is so happy with her new partner, is her Spousal application doomed to be refused?

Jul 9, 2023
Hoping someone here can provide some insight as I have read through over 100 pages of this thread with no clear answer to my friend's situation.

4. Wife met Canadian Citizen fell in love, and after a couple of years applied for inland spousal sponsorship (common-law). No status in Canada for wife.
5. Asylum claim refused. Wife's passport still with CBSA. Expired more than 3 years
7. Applied to BLS to renew passport but BLS wants letter from IRB and documents to prove status in Canada

Question 1 - Can she be approved in Canada with an expired passport? Assuming she applies to CBSA and has it returned to her
Question 3 - If she submits the Indian Consulate Form to the IRB, will their response indicate that she applied for asylum previously and was refused? Or will it simply say that she does not have a current claim at the IRB?

Most important question - Are there any options available to her? She has been dealt a bad situation and she is so happy with her new partner, is her Spousal application doomed to be refused?
This is the kind of situation in which I hope your friend is working with a good lawyer. Someone who deals with refugee cases may actually be a good bet. Good luck to her!

Aashi17

Aug 17, 2023
Hi Guys,

My Passport is in print initiated status since Aug 11 2023. Does anyone know how long would it take for the passport to be printed and delivered?

vinodpopli

Aug 1, 2013
Hi Friends,

Just wanted to know, if I apply for a normal (Not Tatkaal) passport renewal application, and due to some Unforeseen circumstance if I need to fly back to India then where can I approach for a passport (Old or New anyone) (As they are taking 2months time for renewal)? In that case, will CGI help the person to provide the passport (maybe an old one or the new one).

Kindly provide your input

Thanks

tamjan

May 23, 2019
Hi, I need to surrender the Indian passport of mine and my kid. I am planning to go in walk-in. Do they process both the application together? any suggestions on what time should I go?

lakshmi1619

May 18, 2023
Hi There, Can anyone who applied under Tatkal let me know how long it will take to receive the passport, provided I submitted it in person at BLS?

Sep 13, 2023

You can submit your application for sponsorship without passport. once she receives any letter from IRCC she can attach that along with the self attested letter why she never renewed the passport and apply for renewal.
In this case passport has been expired for more than 3 years so she needs approval from Indian consulate in Canada for the application
otherwise BLS will return her application.
If you are in Toronto there is open house at consulate every Wednesday at 3. She can take her file there and get approval quickly. Then submit passport renewal application at BLS. Also she will need to add the Canadian passport for the sponsor. I hope this answers your question.

Reactions: ZEDHAD
Sep 13, 2023
Hi, I need to surrender the Indian passport of mine and my kid. I am planning to go in walk-in. Do they process both the application together? any suggestions on what time should I go?
Hello you can go to consulate on Wednesdays they have open house from 3-4:30 and they are very quick and you don’t have to wait or get apportionment.

Cerebros

Nov 27, 2008
Hello everyone. Wondering if someone can advice me. I need to renew my lost passport. Expiry was 3 years ago. Due to covid and nother reasons i could not renew it. I have gotten the police report. The issue is that i have to travel end of october. If i go to the consulate on Wed Sep 20th, will that be enough time. I checked online and they said that lost passport cannot apply for tatkal. Is there any other way to receive it faster. Do they submit the application at the consulate itself or do i have to get approval from them and then go to BLS. BLS appointment is only available in Oct.
I am aware that there are a few extra forms and notarized documents required in the case of lost passport and if the expiry was 3 years or more.

Thank you everyone.

Apate157

May 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

I went to BLS (Toronto) for my passport renewal application. I was told I need to submit ECOPR/ landing paper along with my PR card and application. Apparently, I didn't save eCOPR because it was on the portal so I just confirmed it and sent my digital photo with other information at that time after receiving eCOPR. Also, I received my PR in Canada. I checked on the portal of IRCC but account doesn't seem active. Did anyone face similar situation?

Please advise. I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Pari123

Champion Member
Apr 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Feb, 2012
Doc's Request.
18 Mar, 2013
Nomination.....
25 Jan,2012
AOR Received.
26 April, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
26 April, 2012
Med's Done....
3 May 2012. In Process: May 21,2013
Passport Req..
July 23,2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 31,2013
LANDED..........
Aug 17, 2013
Hello everyone,

I went to BLS (Toronto) for my passport renewal application. I was told I need to submit ECOPR/ landing paper along with my PR card and application. Apparently, I didn't save eCOPR because it was on the portal so I just confirmed it and sent my digital photo with other information at that time after receiving eCOPR. Also, I received my PR in Canada. I checked on the portal of IRCC but account doesn't seem active. Did anyone face similar situation?

Please advise. I appreciate your help. Thanks!
They ask for Landing paper or COPR is coz they want to make sure the category is not Refugee, your original PR card would have category on it. Make copy of it and submit it showing that.

rockycocky

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021
Hi All,

I am applying for passport renewal for my minor son and would like to know the following

- How long does it take for passport renewal under tatkal
- I am on PR here and would eCOPR be enough as landing paper? or is there any other document i need to submit as i did not receive anything call a landing paper
- Neither mine or my wife's relatives stay in the current address proofs we have how do we proceed in case we get a police verification. Can we provide a Indian address of relative without our address proof
- How long does it take for the passport to be printed and sent back under Tatkal