+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Hi ,
For me also , it was delivered last week in Ottawa area. 25th Jan. I have not received any update after dispatch was initiated. what is your status now? Please respond.
Did you finally get your passport? What was/is your timeline? Since you were asking so many members about their updates, dont you think that it would be beneficial to return the favor for future applicants ;):);)

Brilliant113

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
For some reason my passport has been printed since Feb 23, but still shows as processing on BLS website.
Not sure what's going on. On contacting them, they said that it usually takes 1-2 weeks for embassy to send them the passport.

Anybody been in this situation or have any idea what can be done?
Did you get your passport? How long did it take since feb 23rd?

kulcha

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
My timeline:
Passport Renewal (ordinary).
Application submitted in BLS Toronto (Walk in) - 4 Feb 2023
Status changed to Form Submitted - 13 Feb 2023
Status changed to Granting Initiated - 13 Feb 2023
Application Granted on No verification basis - 2 Mar 2023
PP printed - 10 Mar 2023
PP Received at BLS and Received Purolator tracking on BLS tracking/Texy - 16 Mar

Passport expected to deliver 17 Mar

(Approx. 6 weeks)

v546

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Did you get your passport? How long did it take since feb 23rd?

Yes, I did.
The passport was shipped on March 6th from the embassy.
7th March shipped from BLS Brampton
8th March - Received

On contacting the embassy I found out that apparently there was some issue with their machine that prints Jumbo passport.

Reactions: Brilliant113

kulcha

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hello peers,

I have received my renewed passport today but it looks like the issue and expiry dates are not printed properly (only the bottom half is visible). Any idea who do I need to contact? I have raised a query on Sampark but not sure if they even respond or I need to go anywhere to show this and get the resolution? Thank you.

Brilliant113

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Hello peers,

I have received my renewed passport today but it looks like the issue and expiry dates are not printed properly (only the bottom half is visible). Any idea who do I need to contact? I have raised a query on Sampark but not sure if they even respond or I need to go anywhere to show this and get the resolution? Thank you.
Someone had a same issue recently & this is what the person had responded:
"I emailed embassy and they were pretty quick to respond. I will be going to embassy today to reprint my passport."

hope it helps!

Reactions: kulcha

Brilliant113

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Yes, I did.
The passport was shipped on March 6th from the embassy.
7th March shipped from BLS Brampton
8th March - Received

On contacting the embassy I found out that apparently there was some issue with their machine that prints Jumbo passport.
thanks.. did u encounter any printing issues on the dates printed on passport?

kulcha

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Someone had a same issue recently & this is what the person had responded:
"I emailed embassy and they were pretty quick to respond. I will be going to embassy today to reprint my passport."

hope it helps!
Thank you so much. Any idea which email the person emailed to? Even mine was Jumbo.
I have some travel plans as this is just being crazy for me :confused:

Brilliant113

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
Thank you so much. Any idea which email the person emailed to? I have some travel plans as this is just being crazy for me :confused:
Raise a query on https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/

Email: consec.toronto@mea.gov.in.

You may get a response from either of these.

or you can walk in during Mon to Fri (I think b/w 9AM to 5PM ) at 365 Bloor St E #700, Toronto, ON M4W 3L4

Let me know what do u hear back from CGI/Embassy.

Which jurisdiction do u fall under? Toronto?

kulcha

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Raise a query on https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/

Email: consec.toronto@mea.gov.in.

You may get a response from either of these.

or you can walk in during Mon to Fri (I think b/w 9AM to 5PM ) at 365 Bloor St E #700, Toronto, ON M4W 3L4

Let me know what do u hear back from CGI/Embassy.

Which jurisdiction do u fall under? Toronto?
Yes, I already raised a query on Sampark. Thanks for sharing those emails where I am expecting to get a response from.
I am sure they will not respond before Monday. Yes I am in Toronto but wanted to make sure if they will entertain walk ins or else it will be waste of time.

Reactions: Brilliant113

kulcha

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Yes, I already raised a query on Sampark. Thanks for sharing those emails where I am expecting to get a response from.
I am sure they will not respond before Monday. Yes I am in Toronto but wanted to make sure if they will entertain walk ins or else it will be waste of time.
@Brilliant113 just one question, when is that person going for the reprint? I am planning to walk in this Monday, not sure if that would be the right move. Apart from the passport and one photocopy, was he instructed to take anything else with him. Thanks in advance.

Brilliant113

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
@Brilliant113 just one question, when is that person going for the reprint? I am planning to walk in this Monday, not sure if that would be the right move. Apart from the passport and one photocopy, was he instructed to take anything else with him. Thanks in advance.
I saw this post on facebook- it came as an anonymous post :(

I believe you can walk in at CGI as it comes under "General Service".

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/working-hours/