+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

lf199630

Jan 14, 2023
@If199630, BLS folks said that the PP forms are not required if the passport printable address is a Canadian address. I am going to submit my packet tomorrow under Tatkal :fingerscrossed:
Good luck!

Has anyone here filled two or more PP forms? What do you fill under 8b for the second form, considering your old address is not your ‘current’ address anymore?

ashsense

Aug 18, 2022
Hello, I have been on Print Initiated status since 11th January and today is 16 January.
Is anyone in the same boat?
Looking at the other posts, it seems it should have been printed by now.

wolf1989

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
WOHOO! me too! I just checked, congratulations dost
@Believer16m did you already collect it? what documents do they ask when you went for collection?
for me, i just saw it and i selected to pick in person. did you ask for delivery at home?
collected mine on saturday.

1. BLS receipt at the time of app submission.
2. Photo ID
3. Authority letter ( if someone else if picking it up on your behalf )

soniclife

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
My timeline.. minor passport.. no changes in the passport..Tatkal
applied in BLS Brampton.. I live in GTA so faster delivery

Applied date-- BLS walkin appointmentJan 9th 2023
Printed in india passport siteJan 10th 2023
Sending to BLSJan 11th 2023
Ready for dispatch (from BLS)Jan 12 2023
receivedJan 13 2023

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
collected mine on saturday.

1. BLS receipt at the time of app submission.
2. Photo ID
3. Authority letter ( if someone else if picking it up on your behalf )
I dont have a photo ID. My passport was my photo ID. Can I show a photo of Aadhar/PAN card?
What photo id did you use @wolf1989?

Last edited:

wolf1989

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
I dont have a photo ID. My passport was my photo ID. Can I show a photo of Aadhar/PAN card?
What photo id did you use @wolf1989?
Canadian Driving license. ...I know it's stupid for them to ask for photo id when they are holding your passport with a photo to match it for.

You should be able to use Provincial Photo Id or worst case Aadhar/PAN ( although I'm not sure about these Indians proofs ) since they are considered as photo IDs in India.

rutils

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ottawa
How long does it take for BLS to open the shipment from the consulate?
My passport was shipped from Delhi and delivered in the Ottawa area last week and the BLS status is not updated yet.

BLS India: Processing at High Commission
PassportSeva: Your passport has been printed and being forwarded to Embassy/Consulate. The Embassy/Consulate will contact you once they receive the passport for dispatch.

wolf1989

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
My passport was shipped from Delhi and delivered in the Ottawa area last week and the BLS status is not updated yet.

PassportSeva: Your passport has been printed and being forwarded to Embassy/Consulate. The Embassy/Consulate will contact you once they receive the passport for dispatch.
Mine reached Dec 29, and was ready to pick up on around Jan 8.

Reactions: rutils

rutils

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ottawa

2023-01-04 - Application Form Submitted
2023-01-04 - Granting Initiated
2023-01-05 - Application Granted on No verification basis
2023-01-05 - Print Initiated
2023-01-06 - Printed
2023-01-06 - Dispatch Initiated
2023-01-09 - Passport Number XXXXX dispatched through International Post/Courier with tracking no XXXXX to issuing Mission/Post.

Courier status:
2023-01-09 - Shipment picked up
2023-01-13 - Delivered

Reactions: SKant

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Canadian Driving license. ...I know it's stupid for them to ask for photo id when they are holding your passport with a photo to match it for.

You should be able to use Provincial Photo Id or worst case Aadhar/PAN ( although I'm not sure about these Indians proofs ) since they are considered as photo IDs in India.

any government of india photo id accepted for safe side if you have any status in canada apply provincial photo id for future use.

ashsense

Aug 18, 2022
Hello, I have been on Print Initiated status since 11th January and today is 16 January.
Is anyone in the same boat?
Looking at the other posts, it seems it should have been printed by now.
They are making me wait like heck.
On 16 January, the status changed to Passport Printed and it has been like that since.
They are taking 4 days for each stage and I am on the clock here.

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022

for me and 2 persons in the queue, they did not ask anything except OG receipt. but still carry a copy of your photo id card just in case.
edit: as well for my friend.

Last edited: