+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

ashsense

Aug 18, 2022
Hello, I received a new/updated passport request for my EE PR application recently and I have submitted the passport for renewal through BLS at HCI Toronto in December, 2022. I have to submit my new passportby Feb 15, 2023 on IRCC portal.

BLS added the application in their system on December 20, 2022.
Currently, the inspect element shows me this on passportindia website.
Event 0:
  1. EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go"
  2. EVENT_DESC: ""
  3. LAST_MODIFIED_DATE: "2023-01-02T00:00:00"
  4. STATUS_DESC: "Granting Initiated"
Event 1:
  1. EMP_ACTION: "Application Form Submitted"
  2. EVENT_DESC: null
  3. LAST_MODIFIED_DATE: "2023-01-02T00:00:00"
  4. STATUS_DESC: "Submitted"
Other details:
  1. fileIsPCC: "false"
  2. fileTypeFlag: "Main"

Based on the above details and current timelines, how much longer can it be expected for the passport to be renewed?
Is there something I can do on my end to expedite this process or at least make sure I receive my new passport in a timely manner?

apy1234

Oct 6, 2021
Hi all,
I am applying for passport renewal under Tatkal in Toronto area. In the personal particulars form, it says that two PP forms need to be submitted if I am not living at the current Canadian address for the last one year one for each address in the past year. If anyone were in the same situation, do I need to paste the photo on both of them?

SKant

Star Member
Apr 16, 2022
Nope. same status.
But in Inspect mode, I can see it has been delivered to Ottawa on 27/12. Even I can see my passport number as well.
Not sure why HCI is not giving it back to BLS.
No update from me*. Any update for you?

Last edited:

Pratibha Kesarwani

Nov 20, 2020
Hey Guys,
My family received the call for police verification on 5th jan. The same was done by 6th. Still the passport application is under review. The status in inspect mode is pv initiated. I submitted my application on 10th nov 2022. The review started on 3rd jan 2023. How long does it take to update the police verification and passport printing to start. Any input would be appreciated. It’s crossed 2 months timeline for me. Still not sure how long it is going to take.

lf199630

Jan 14, 2023
Hi all,
I am applying for passport renewal under Tatkal in Toronto area. In the personal particulars form, it says that two PP forms need to be submitted if I am not living at the current Canadian address for the last one year one for each address in the past year. If anyone were in the same situation, do I need to paste the photo on both of them?
Hi @apy1234, I have the same issue. Did you submit two PP forms with photos on each of them?