+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

nikki1992

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Currently in canada and my passport expired. I have my valid PR card. The consulate wants a proof of status to process the new passport. Proof of status from IRCC is taking forever. I am stuck in canada. Is there anyway to get the proof of status faster. I really need the passport to go to my home country. I assumed PR card was the proof of status. The waiting is eating me.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Hello,

Your valid PR card (un expired) itself is the proof of status in Canada, I am not sure what you are requesting from IRCC for a proof. if your passport is expired you can apply for a new one with a valid PR card and expired passport.

If you are in a urgency for travel to India, you can apply for an emergency certificate which can be issued in 24-48 hours, it is used as a one way travel.
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/emergency-certificate/

Thanks
Nikhil

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hi. I want ro submit my passport for renewal. I was planning to do a walkin at the Toronto BLS. If I go on a weekday, how early do I need to reach?
I am a PR, do I have to give a Canadian address to be printed? I don’t want to change the address on my passport and to avoid a police verification. I want to apply under tatkla and get the passport ASAP. Is there a way around?
For Walk-In, Better to Apply at BLS Brampton. go on weekdays and try to reach around 6:30 AM to get done with the process before 9-10 AM.

Canadian Address will be needed if on PR and most likely you can't apply under Tatkal for any change in the passport. even if there's a way around it, there are chances that your application will get returned back or delayed processing time.

lijuvp

Nov 7, 2022
Hi,

I would like to know the timeline for Minor Indian Passport - renewal. I have submitted the application at BLS - Brampton (in person) on 23rd of September 2022. but the status is still showing as application under review.

Filing Mode: Tatkal
File Number created on 27th September 2022.

shazzy_86

Oct 23, 2022
Hi,

I would like to know the timeline for Minor Indian Passport - renewal. I have submitted the application at BLS - Brampton (in person) on 23rd of September 2022. but the status is still showing as application under review.

Filing Mode: Tatkal
File Number created on 27th September 2022.
Have you check on inspect mode?

lijuvp

Nov 7, 2022
Yes,

EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go"
EVENT_DESC: ""
FILE_NO: "XXX"
LAST_MODIFIED_DATE: "2022-09-27T00:00:00"
STATUS_DESC: "Granting Initiated"
STATUS_ID_FK: XXX
STATUS_TRACKING_PK: XXX

fileIsPCC: "false"
fileTypeFlag: "Main"

shazzy_86

Oct 23, 2022
Yes,

EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go"
EVENT_DESC: ""
FILE_NO: "XXX"
LAST_MODIFIED_DATE: "2022-09-27T00:00:00"
STATUS_DESC: "Granting Initiated"
STATUS_ID_FK: XXX
STATUS_TRACKING_PK: XXX

fileIsPCC: "false"
fileTypeFlag: "Main"
If its tatkal mode you should have received your passport by now? Contact them

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hi, I am just getting lost after clicking "Inspect". Tried following the steps mentioned on page 135 but looks like I am dumb at this. can you advise me on how to check this.? Thank you.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Full timeline of renewing Indian passport through BLS Surrey via postal :

Sep 22, 2022 - Purolator delivered application at BLS Surrey.
Oct 12, 2022 - Application received on BLS website. Didn't check BLS website after Oct 6. Status might have posted earlier.
Oct 14, 2022 - Processing at Consulate General on BLS website.
Oct 15, 2022 - Received Police Verification Initiated email.
Oct 23, 2022 - Police Verification completed.
Oct 26, 2022 - Status on Passport Seva - "Print has been initiated for passport".
Nov 2, 2022 - Status on Passport Seva - "Passport is printed and will be delivered shortly."
Nov 3, 2022 - Passport reached BLS Surrey from Consulate.
Nov 7, 2022 - Purolator delivered passport.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2022
Currently in canada and my passport expired. I have my valid PR card. The consulate wants a proof of status to process the new passport. Proof of status from IRCC is taking forever. I am stuck in canada. Is there anyway to get the proof of status faster. I really need the passport to go to my home country. I assumed PR card was the proof of status. The waiting is eating me.

Any help is greatly appreciated
They didnt accept the PR card? Copy of ecopr shall work as your proof of status.

Nidhaan

Apr 4, 2022
Hello guys , i applied for my passport renewal on sept 23 at winnipeg Bls . There was status showing processing at general consulate. From last two days it’s showing file under review at embassy consulate. What it mean?

There is no police verification start yet . My parents checking from local police station everyday. Is there anyone have a similar timeline or after that got any update?

i have a flight on Nov 12 this Saturday. What should i do ?
I also sent emails to consec
Sent enquiry to sampark
Sent inquiry Emergency phone number on whatsapp.