Jun 6, 2022
Mark whats your timeline?? Can you please share
Purolator pick up: April 30th
Submitted to CGI: May 5th
PV initiated email: May 31st
Under processing: Until June 1st
Passport granted: June 2nd
Print initiated: June 6th.

It took longer than expected, I'm assuming it's because I had a change of address and signature. I tried to email/call/twitter DM/sampark message to request expediting as my situation is tight, but they don't really care.

Reactions: Bhaumik_Patel

sam120

Mar 26, 2019

It took longer than expected, I'm assuming it's because I had a change of address and signature. I tried to email/call/twitter DM/sampark message to request expediting as my situation is tight, but they don't really care.
Thanks mine went under review at consulate on May 19th got file number assigned same day till this process was quick and efficient after that its dead silence no update.

so hopefully this week I will get some update either pv initiate or print initiated.

MarkP10

Jun 6, 2022
Thanks mine went under review at consulate on May 19th got file number assigned same day till this process was quick and efficient after that its dead silence no update.

so hopefully this week I will get some update either pv initiate or print initiated.
Yeah, I went through the same, there wasn't any movement on the status for 3 weeks..I got a PV-initiated email at 12:01 am.. you're looking at either this or next week. If you have the police informed before hand for verification (if needed), saves you at least 2-3 days.

mudit234

Feb 22, 2016
I just sent my passport for renewal through purolator mail. Have a couple of questions I am hoping you all can help with
1) Generally how long are Tatkal applications taking? (Most posts here aren't about Tatkal)
2) I am confused about PV. Does it happen with Tatkal? And for that, do I need to ask my parents (who live at the Indian address) to go to the cops? Won't cops actually pay them a visit to verify the address?

CanDream215

Apr 21, 2020
I just sent my passport for renewal through purolator mail. Have a couple of questions I am hoping you all can help with
1) Generally how long are Tatkal applications taking? (Most posts here aren't about Tatkal)
2) I am confused about PV. Does it happen with Tatkal? And for that, do I need to ask my parents (who live at the Indian address) to go to the cops? Won't cops actually pay them a visit to verify the address?
True, here most posts are Normal , not Tatkaal, I would also like to know Tatkaal timelines at Toronto CGI

Reactions: mudit234

Isha902

Jan 26, 2022
Hello, I'm trying to know
how long will it take for my Passport to get reissued.
I submitted application at bls
on 26th May
Status changed to intransit to consulate same day.
27th May status changed to Processing at consulate.

anyone with same timeline.

mlaur5763

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Hello, I submitted my application for passport renewal on April 30th at BLS Brampton and my status on global seva portal was changed to “Print has been initiated for the passport” on June 2nd. It’s already been more than 4 weeks since the date of submission. How long it will take more to get the passport renewed?

jotmundi25

Jun 1, 2022

Our time line is almost same

Purolator pick up: April 27th
Submitted to CGI: May 2nd
PV initiated email: May 28th
Print initiated: June 6th

jotmundi25

Jun 1, 2022
You should be okay another week max to get passport whats your application timeline?? Can you please share
Purolator pick up: April 27th
Submitted to CGI: May 2nd
PV initiated email: May 28th
Print initiated: June 6th

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
My time line as follows - Finally

Passport application reached to BLS on May 12th
Application received by consulate May 17th
Got File Number and went under review May 19th
Print Initiated on June 6th

Its issued based of no Police verification may be because its reissue and when I got my last passport back in India PV was done before issuing so in their system they have that status as clear.

so In how many days now I can expect to receive my passport?

Thank You.

vexposium26

Jun 3, 2022
What I assume as read from the website faqs that Tatkal is not accepted through postal application. It will be processed as normal. Please check (maybe I am wrong)..

vexposium26

Jun 3, 2022
Renewal application sent for my daughter (Minor). Timelines:
Postal application sent: 2nd May 2022
Postal returned: 6th May 2022 (our Citizenship is filed and they requested for supporting documents although nothing of such checklist is available anywhere. Just lost 1 week of time in this along with Return Purolator cost).
Resent application: 9th May 2022
Bls sent to Consulate Toronto: 13th May 2022
File Number created on: 20th May 2022.
PV initiated: 3rd June 2022
PV complete: 3rd June 2022
Print Initiated: 3rd June 2022
Printed: AWAITED
sent to BLS: AWAITED
Bls sent to Purolator: AWAITED.
have overseas trip this weekend (4 days remaining) and waiting for passport eagerly.
Sent request to BLS using web form. Fingers crossed..

mlaur5763

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Renewal application sent for my daughter (Minor). Timelines:
Postal application sent: 2nd May 2022
Postal returned: 6th May 2022 (our Citizenship is filed and they requested for supporting documents although nothing of such checklist is available anywhere. Just lost 1 week of time in this along with Return Purolator cost).
Resent application: 9th May 2022
Bls sent to Consulate Toronto: 13th May 2022
File Number created on: 20th May 2022.
PV initiated: 3rd June 2022
PV complete: 3rd June 2022
Print Initiated: 3rd June 2022
Printed: AWAITED
sent to BLS: AWAITED
Bls sent to Purolator: AWAITED.
have overseas trip this weekend (4 days remaining) and waiting for passport eagerly.
Sent request to BLS using web form. Fingers crossed..
Hi, I am kind of in the same boat. My status was changed to "Print has been initiated" on June 2nd. Do you know how long it will take to have the status changed to "Passport has been printed"?