Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the response. How many days after the status "Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate." do we get the email about police verification? I have this status from 4/12
Approx 20 days in case of my minor kid

Reactions: VM20

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
I don't know if police verification will be done for minor child's passport renewal.

The next update with "EVENT_DESC": "Granting Status Set as 'Clear'", will let you know whether police verification is going to be done. The same update will have "STATUS_DESC": "Application Granted on No/Pre/Post verification basis".
No verification basis - No police verification for passport issue
Pre verification basis - Police verification will be done before passport is issued
Post verification basis - Police verification will be done after passport is issued (Usually in case of Tatkaal applications)

See https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/onlineHtml/pvrModeDetails.html for more details.
PV is done regardless (unless you apply under Tatkal). I have 2 passport applications in for both my children. CGI Toronto sent the details to the wrong SP Office in India and i lost 4 weeks, despite sending them scores of emails and no replies. They only corrected it when I lodged a grievance through the Ministry of External Affairs. Now they have sent it to the correct SP office but have washed their hands saying now everything is with the SP Office and I need to follow-up with them.
This all looks like a hand in glove operation where the embassy(s) is doing their part so that the SP Offices can make money at the side through bribes. i have sent the SP office emails too but they will not reply, i guess till someone goes there in person asking. I dont see the necessity for a PV for a minor child, that too who has had a passport previously, and probably even an adult who has had a passport and no criminal records. Its sad when you have government departments which are created out of taxpayers money, out to loot the very people it was created to serve. I have gone through passport renewals many times before but never faced such stressful issues with the Embassy being of no help at all.

sanjeevramniwas

Apr 9, 2018
Hi All,

I'm applying for my indian passport Re-issue. my passport due to expire in mid June 2023. i have few questions regarding the re-issue process.

I have few grounds I can apply for renewal or reissue of my passport. those are stated below: -
a) passport is half damaged! (booklet is getting torn away form cover).
b) registering spouse name on passport.
c) due to expire passport.

So, my questions are: -

1) i can only apply for reissue within one year of expiry of my passport. so if i apply now on this basis my application can be returned!? my passport expiry is June 2023. if apply after June 2022 i will be valid for reissue but now until june 2022 if i apply they might return application?
2) if i apply for renew now on Damaged and/or spouse basis right now? they just give me same passport containing existing passport no. and validity which is June 2023?

If anyone have information regarding this please help!
1. True
2. They will give new passport with 10 years validity

sanjeevramniwas

Apr 9, 2018
MY PASSPORT RENEWAL APPLICATION SUMMIT 16 MAR/22 IN TORONTO I AM LIVE IN CANADA LAST 10 YEARS NEVER GO BACK HOME SO WHERE CHEAK MY PV/BG INDIA OR CANADA. ANY ONE CAN CLEAR THIS SITUATION
Hi,
Do you know if your application has been sent for PV? Can you please share the timelines?

sanjeevramniwas

Apr 9, 2018
Received my renewed passport today , here;s the timeline

2022-02-24​
Envelope Picked from Home by Purolator
2022-02-25​
Delivered to BLS Brampton
2022-02-28​
In transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General
2022-03-02​
Processing at Consulate general ( BLS Website )
2022-03-03​
Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. ( Passport Seva Website )
2022-03-24​
Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. ( Passport Seva Website ) : File Number Generated
2022-03-29​
Print has been initiated for passport.( Passport Seva Website )
2022-03-30​
Passport has been printed.( Passport Seva Website )
2022-04-01​
Picked by Purolator from BLS Brampton ( BLS Website ) : No new update on Passport Seva Website
2022-04-04​
Envelope Received with New passport at home
Hi,
Did you get any email with the case/file number for PV? If yes, can you tell when?

sanjeevramniwas

Apr 9, 2018
i picked few of them from forums. W

Rajnut - Did you get your passport ?

My timeline for Normal PP renewal -
23 Feb 2022: Applied: (BLS Brampton)
24 Feb 2022: Purulator Pick up
26 Feb 2022 - BLS confirmed receipt of application over email
02 Mar 2022 - Processing at Consulate General - BLS Status
03 Mar 2022 - Fees received status Indian Embassy/Consulate - Passport India Portal Status
25 Mar 2022 - Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate - Passport India Portal Status, File# is also added

PCC did not happen, it should have gone to Bhubaneswar, Odisha but it did not go all these weeks. Emailed CGI several times on triggering PCC but they never entertained my requests. Today the status changed to passport under review with a file# added. Looks like there is a broken system which is impacting some applicants.

Surprisingly, I did my PCC in anticipation of PR in January of this year and the PCC went through without these hurdles. Not sure when if they will resend my application for PCC again and when I will receive the Passport.

If anyone has any insights, appreciate if they can share their thoughts.
Hi,
Did the CGI website provide a file number on your 25th Mar status or did you get an email with the file number? I guess this is the number that can used as reference to check with police about police verification status. Waiting for your response.

greenbeefly

Apr 11, 2022
Same here. I sent a mail and status got updated in 2 days. on Thursday status was showing printed. Have you got your passport?
I did not get it yet but I called BLS, and they said that my passport is in transit although my status online still says "passport has been printed". They said that my passport will reach at my address in 2-3 days.

karthik1011

Jul 19, 2020
I did not get it yet but I called BLS, and they said that my passport is in transit although my status online still says "passport has been printed". They said that my passport will reach at my address in 2-3 days.
Thanks. Hope you can get your airway bill number from BLS site.

NAM2022

Apr 19, 2022
Hello, My passport has been on 'print has been initiated' status for the past 2 weeks. Did not get any email for PV. I have a ticket boked for April 30 to India. Any guidance would be appreciated!

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Try emailing your concern to

passport.toronto@mea.gov.in, cons.toronto@mea.gov.in, consec.toronto@mea.gov.in

My status changed the same day I emailed. Not sure if it happened because of this but you can give it a shot.

Thank you. I emailed them.

Also, my status is showing this on inspect mode, if anyone can help.
  1. StatusId: [{EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Print Initiated", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1798657577,…},…]
    1. 0: {EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Print Initiated", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1798657577,…}
    2. 1: {EVENT_DESC: "Granting Status Set as 'Clear'", EMP_ACTION: "Clear", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1798657573,…}
    3. 2: {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1798304967,…}
    4. 3: {EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Application Form Submitted", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1798304965,…}
  2. fileIsPCC: [{fileIsPCC: "false", fileTypeFlag: "Main"}]
  3. noFileFoundMap: [{0: "0"}

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
PV is done regardless (unless you apply under Tatkal). I have 2 passport applications in for both my children. CGI Toronto sent the details to the wrong SP Office in India and i lost 4 weeks, despite sending them scores of emails and no replies. They only corrected it when I lodged a grievance through the Ministry of External Affairs. Now they have sent it to the correct SP office but have washed their hands saying now everything is with the SP Office and I need to follow-up with them.
This all looks like a hand in glove operation where the embassy(s) is doing their part so that the SP Offices can make money at the side through bribes. i have sent the SP office emails too but they will not reply, i guess till someone goes there in person asking. I dont see the necessity for a PV for a minor child, that too who has had a passport previously, and probably even an adult who has had a passport and no criminal records. Its sad when you have government departments which are created out of taxpayers money, out to loot the very people it was created to serve. I have gone through passport renewals many times before but never faced such stressful issues with the Embassy being of no help at all.
hi
is your primary address Canada or India ?
thx