+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

sanjeevramniwas

Apr 9, 2018
Hi,
Did you get any email mentioning the reference number for police verification? Just trying to make police verification faster using some contacts in India

Chandar1234

Oct 29, 2016
Hi, I am a PR and applying for renewal of my India Passport at BLS Toronto. Do you know if the process is faster if i give my Canadian address instead of the Indian residential address that is on my current passport? If i give a canadian address, does the Police Verification take place in Canada. Also do i need to provide my PR card in original or photocopy?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am a PR and applying for renewal of my India Passport at BLS Toronto. Do you know if the process is faster if i give my Canadian address instead of the Indian residential address that is on my current passport? If i give a canadian address, does the Police Verification take place in Canada. Also do i need to provide my PR card in original or photocopy?
PRs need to mandatorily give Canadian address as address to print & also Indian address as other address. Police verification will happen only at Indian address. Photocopy of PR card is submitted when submitting application in person. They may check & return back original.

Chandar1234

Oct 29, 2016
PRs need to mandatorily give Canadian address as address to print & also Indian address as other address. Police verification will happen only at Indian address. Photocopy of PR card is submitted when submitting application in person. They may check & return back original.
Thanks for the quick response. If i submit passport renewal application by mail, do i have to provide my original PR card?

sanjeevramniwas

Apr 9, 2018
I am not sure. How would I know application reference number? Is police verification number same as application reference number? How and when do I receive it?

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure. How would I know application reference number? Is police verification number same as application reference number? How and when do I receive it?
If you give me your application number and DOB, there is a hack by which i can tell you your file number. You can give that file number (and application number) to police to speed up verification

Julia.jenn4

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
What phone carrier are acceptable by hci Ottawa? I have bad credit

niks2102

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Received my renewed passport today , here;s the timeline

2022-02-24​
Envelope Picked from Home by Purolator
2022-02-25​
Delivered to BLS Brampton
2022-02-28​
In transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General
2022-03-02​
Processing at Consulate general ( BLS Website )
2022-03-03​
Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. ( Passport Seva Website )
2022-03-24​
Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. ( Passport Seva Website ) : File Number Generated
2022-03-29​
Print has been initiated for passport.( Passport Seva Website )
2022-03-30​
Passport has been printed.( Passport Seva Website )
2022-04-01​
Picked by Purolator from BLS Brampton ( BLS Website ) : No new update on Passport Seva Website
2022-04-04​
Envelope Received with New passport at home
Hi.. How to track passport renewal application on BLS.. what should I mention in passport no. column? old passport no.?

hk14

Jan 6, 2021
Feb 24th- application picked up by purolator
March 2nd- received by BLS BRAMPTON, ON
March 10th - processing at consulate general
March 17th - application is under review
April 1st - print has been initiated

Let's see if I can actually get the passport, a little skeptical that I dont have to go through the PV.

It could be that my application got processed this fast is because my passport was a little damaged by water.
Did you receive your passport?

hk14

Jan 6, 2021
Yes. PV done not just at my address, but at the address of my spouse as well. Not just that, PV done at my ancestral city and the ancestral city of my spouse.

Now Print initiated since 29th March, but no update. and i got a flight on the 13th to India :(
Did you get your passport?

niks2102

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
yes, old passport number
I was getting "No Record Found" earlier.
Getting this now:
Applicant Date of Birth2022-04-07
Your PASSPORT application has received at our BLS Postal Brampton Center on 07-04-2022. Please allow 4-5 business days for processing it to IHC/CGI. Please note that this is an auto-generated mail & does not indicate that your application has processed to Indian High commission or Consulate general of India. Please allow 4-5 business days for processing your application to Indian High commission or Consulate general of India. Once your application processed in our BLS center, you will be notified through email service with a unique BLS reference number. The unique number can be use for tracking purpose on BLS website.

DOB showing as today's date on BLS. is that ok?

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
I was getting "No Record Found" earlier.
Getting this now:

Applicant Date of Birth2022-04-07
Your PASSPORT application has received at our BLS Postal Brampton Center on 07-04-2022. Please allow 4-5 business days for processing it to IHC/CGI. Please note that this is an auto-generated mail & does not indicate that your application has processed to Indian High commission or Consulate general of India. Please allow 4-5 business days for processing your application to Indian High commission or Consulate general of India. Once your application processed in our BLS center, you will be notified through email service with a unique BLS reference number. The unique number can be use for tracking purpose on BLS website.

DOB showing as today's date on BLS. is that ok?
ohh yes, there's a system glitch, even I noticed it initially but they corrected that after few days ( don't know exactly when )