+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

messenger90

Apr 3, 2022
Applied for renewal on 10th Jan.
Current status: Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
Inspect status: "Sent to Go" Date: 21st Jan.
Approaching 12th week now.
Anyone in similar situation?

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Was there an actual PV done at the address you provided?
Yes. PV done not just at my address, but at the address of my spouse as well. Not just that, PV done at my ancestral city and the ancestral city of my spouse.

Now Print initiated since 29th March, but no update. and i got a flight on the 13th to India :(

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Current status: Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
Looks like some issue with your application and hence it is lying in the consulate. You should contact them. PV will be initiated after this issue is resolved

messenger90

Apr 3, 2022
Looks like some issue with your application and hence it is lying in the consulate. You should contact them. PV will be initiated after this issue is resolved
Yeah i have tried that a few times. 3 messages on SAMPARK - no response. Even asked BLS, generic response - its being processed. I'm thinking of emailing them a few more times. It's sad that the embassy doesn't bother to respond to its citizens, even when the application is outside regular processing timeline.

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
dont go to thana (i mean your local police station) , generally they dont have any clue . Go to your city's SP office and ask who handles PV requests they might redirect to other their office .
What do you do if you have no one back in India to help out with this? I looked through the web for an email address to the SP Office in Mumbai but could not find anything. Even the PV initiation notification i received did not show the local Thana. Its weird that the consulate no longer need the PPF forms with the application, which provide all the details needed and worked previously. I dont remember ever having to wait more than 3 weeks to have my passport re-issued and never felt the need for applying through Tatkal.

kannanl2k

Mar 29, 2017

My daugther's application is in a similar situation. You could raise a Sampark query. For my Sampark query, this is the response I received "the details of old passport are missing on our system and a request has been raised with New Delhi. We hope for a resolution in the coming weeks".

Fingers crossed.

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
Yeah i have tried that a few times. 3 messages on SAMPARK - no response. Even asked BLS, generic response - its being processed. I'm thinking of emailing them a few more times. It's sad that the embassy doesn't bother to respond to its citizens, even when the application is outside regular processing timeline.
3 emails to CGi and 2 on Sampark...no response whatsoever.
They are understandably very busy planning out which golf courses to hit this summer.

messenger90

Apr 3, 2022
My daugther's application is in a similar situation. You could raise a Sampark query. For my Sampark query, this is the response I received "the details of old passport are missing on our system and a request has been raised with New Delhi. We hope for a resolution in the coming weeks".

Fingers crossed.
Yeah i saw your post earlier on their response. They have not responded to 3 SAMPARK notes even though they were sent once application crossed regular processing timeline. They do clearly say on their faqs that we should not ask about status if we are within normal timeline, but they should respond to things once it's not within regular time anymore.

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Received my renewed passport today , here;s the timeline

2022-02-24​
Envelope Picked from Home by Purolator
2022-02-25​
Delivered to BLS Brampton
2022-02-28​
In transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General
2022-03-02​
Processing at Consulate general ( BLS Website )
2022-03-03​
Passport application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. ( Passport Seva Website )
2022-03-24​
Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. ( Passport Seva Website ) : File Number Generated
2022-03-29​
Print has been initiated for passport.( Passport Seva Website )
2022-03-30​
Passport has been printed.( Passport Seva Website )
2022-04-01​
Picked by Purolator from BLS Brampton ( BLS Website ) : No new update on Passport Seva Website
2022-04-04​
Envelope Received with New passport at home

Reactions: mnint

hk14

Jan 6, 2021
Does anyone know generally how long it takes from the time it says "Passport application has been granted" to it actually being received? I don't know whether to wait now or to withdraw my application as I need to travel on April 16.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know generally how long it takes from the time it says "Passport application has been granted" to it actually being received? I don't know whether to wait now or to withdraw my application as I need to travel on April 16.
If i were you i'd withdraw the application. Passport application granted means documents you submitted to the consulate are good. Now police verification will begin (if needed) or otherwise regular administration procedure. If no PV, 16th April is touch and go (risky). If PV is needed, forget 16th April. Choice is yours.

hk14

Jan 6, 2021
If i were you i'd withdraw the application. Passport application granted means documents you submitted to the consulate are good. Now police verification will begin (if needed) or otherwise regular administration procedure. If no PV, 16th April is touch and go (risky). If PV is needed, forget 16th April. Choice is yours.
I got this status after my PV was completed today, which is why I was asking. This is not the same status as the 'granted as clear to go' which showed before the PV was initiated.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got this status after my PV was completed today, which is why I was asking. This is not the same status as the 'granted as clear to go' which showed before the PV was initiated.
Lol i had this status "Passport application has been granted" started when PV started. Not sure why yours was different. Did you check in inspect mode what else it is showing?

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
That's good news. What were your timelines?
Feb 24th- application picked up by purolator
March 2nd- received by BLS BRAMPTON, ON
March 10th - processing at consulate general
March 17th - application is under review
April 1st - print has been initiated

Let's see if I can actually get the passport, a little skeptical that I dont have to go through the PV.

It could be that my application got processed this fast is because my passport was a little damaged by water.