+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

DiveshJ

Feb 19, 2022
Has anyone had success with Tatkaal via Postal? Website doesnt say anything that they don't accept Tatkaal in postal but the document submission checklist does.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if is covered before but I wanted your help with one thing.

I've Indian Passport and am a Canadian PR holder. My passport is expiring in June 2022.

I'm traveling to India last week of February 2022.

My questions were:-

1. My passport won't be expired yet when i return back mid March so will I get any trouble coming back to Canada with just a few months of passport expiry date left?

2. If i renew my passport in India do I have to advise Canada Immigration about it or is my old Passport linked to current PR?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I was able to travel from India recently with about 4 months left on my Indian passport. And I am only on a work permit. You shouldn't have much problem as you have PR.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/passport-travel-document.html
When I spoke to Canadian immigration about this, they said I can travel as long as my passport is valid. You can re-confirm this with Canadian immigration.

As for the second question, I believe that the PR and PR cards are given to you as the person and are not necessarily linked to the passport. If I am not wrong, they are independent travel documents that don't have a dependency on each other. As long as your passport and PR card are valid, you should be able to travel. Others please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

aribanasir

Jan 31, 2022
Hey! Any idea if we can go in-person to BLS and pick our passport even though we have paid for drop off? It will take almost 1 week to receive passport via mail but I need it sooner.

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hello

Still confused about the personal particulars from with the passport reissue application ....does it needto be filled and a copy of photo attached to it ? or do I just send the photo as in alongwith other documents..

Thanks in advance.

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
hi anyone. im applying for pasport renewal for damaged passport, the total fees is 196.4.

3Passport Renewal containing 36 pages (Damage/lost) (all age groups)18637.40196.4

Does that include all of hci/cgi/icwf and bls processing fees?
Do i need two cheques or demand drafts?

Jillztom

Aug 11, 2014
@mnint here is the fee structure: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ottawa-jurisdiction/new-booklet-or-renewal.php

S.noParticularsPassport fee(CAD$)Consular Surcharge(CAD$)BLS Fee(CAD$)Total fee
1Issue of Ordinary Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 36 pages - validity 10 years (also applicable to minors in the age group of 15 to 18 years)9337.40103.40
2Issue of Ordinary Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 36 pages for minors below 18 years of age6237.4072.40
3Passport Renewal containing 36 pages (Damage/lost) (all age groups)18637.40196.4

It includes all of the amount. I have seen them accepting a single draft for the entire amount ($196.40). But if you want to be safe, just take two drafts with $186+3 and $7.40 respectively.

Reactions: mnint

mnint

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
@mnint here is the fee structure: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ottawa-jurisdiction/new-booklet-or-renewal.php

S.noParticularsPassport fee(CAD$)Consular Surcharge(CAD$)BLS Fee(CAD$)Total fee
1Issue of Ordinary Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 36 pages - validity 10 years (also applicable to minors in the age group of 15 to 18 years)9337.40103.40
2Issue of Ordinary Fresh passport or re-issue of passport containing 36 pages for minors below 18 years of age6237.4072.40

It includes all of the amount. I have seen them accepting a single draft for the entire amount ($196.40). But if you want to be safe, just take two drafts with $186+3 and $7.40 respectively.
thank you for replying! i called their customer service and was told one draft will work :)

Sujathj

May 15, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Hello
I need to renew my passport for me and my kids.Passport is due to expire in 7 months. My questions are
1. Do I have to include personal particulars form for all?
2. When i choose to send the application, will that be in different parcels or all separate applications enclosed in an envelope mailed together as one courier. I hope you understood what I meant.
3.Which option is better? Can we go to a purolator center and ask about return as well ? Or asking the BLS to print the label for us?
Thank you

tozach

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hello
I need to renew my passport for me and my kids.Passport is due to expire in 7 months. My questions are
1. Do I have to include personal particulars form for all?
My applications are in progress. One is 'printed' and the other is still 'processing at the consulate'. We followed the checklist from BLS but I cant recollect what the 'personal particular form' is.

Hello
2. When i choose to send the application, will that be in different parcels or all separate applications enclosed in an envelope mailed together as one courier. I hope you understood what I meant.
We treated each application as a different one and used separate envelopes. Purolator picked all the envelopes together and was in 'one' courier. But it will likely come back as different couriers.

Hello
3.Which option is better? Can we go to a purolator center and ask about return as well ? Or asking the BLS to print the label for us?
My understanding is that the only option available is what you have on the BLS website. Dont think we can request a return via Purolator

Reactions: Sujathj

Sujathj

May 15, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ndvo
My applications are in progress. One is 'printed' and the other is still 'processing at the consulate'. We followed the checklist from BLS but I cant recollect what the 'personal particular form' is.

We treated each application as a different one and used separate envelopes. Purolator picked all the envelopes together and was in 'one' courier. But it will likely come back as different couriers.

My understanding is that the only option available is what you have on the BLS website. Dont think we can request a return via Purolator
Thank you for your response

Sujathj

May 15, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ndvo
"Indian Passport: (Original and copies)
- Indian Passport, with copy of first, last, Canadian Visa Stamp pages and all observation pages.
- If expired LESS than 1 year:
A Covering letter providing the reason for not renewing within the Validity of Passport.
- If expired for more than 1 year. Contact HCI directly with the following additional documents:
o Notarized affidavit explaining the reasons for delay.
o Search Letter from CIC
o Personal Particulars Form; 3 copies: http://www.blsindia-canada.com/forms/PersonalPerticularform.pdf
o Additional Photographs: 3 additional; compliant with http://blsindia-canada.com/photo_spec.php
- Additional Booklets, if any."

Personal particular form is from this part of the checklist.

RichaRicha

Feb 28, 2022
I didn’t receive my passport yet its still processing. I applied in November. Hopefully i will get it soon.
Almost the same timeline and waiting for 8 weeks now for passport renewal and no new update for a long time. Any update on your case and where did you apply from? Thanks.

Jillztom

Aug 11, 2014
@tozach When did you apply for the renewal? My passport is also in the "Printed" status. Wondering when can I receive it since I'm travelling in a week.

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
Hi Team

I need some help... My passport application is under process at CGI Toronto.. I have paid for drop of service at BLS while submitting application.The address which I have given at BLS for purolator to drop-off my passport is one of my relative's address and my relatives are going out of station for the next 15 days... How can I change my drop-off address to my office address or some different address or Can I pick up my passport in person from BLS Centre.. ?

Thanks in advance

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
What happened in your case? I am about to be in the same situation. So, any info would be great.

Passport print has been initiated.

Timeline:

5th Jan 22 - Mailed passport to BLS Ottawa via Canadapost. Avoided going to the BLS center in Montreal due to the Omicron wave
13th Jan - Item received at BLS
22nd Jan - BLS acknowledges receipt
26th Jan - Package sent to high commission. They acknowledged receipt
18th Feb - Item under process at embassy/consulate. File number created
1st March - Print has been initiated.

Reactions: santzapaul