+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

MadanM

Dec 29, 2020
Hello,
I just renewed my passport at BLS Brampton and it took 16 days for processing. I sent application via postal service offered by BLS. Old passport was issued from India.

Application received at BLS:
26th June 2018
Status changed to ‘processing at CGI’ same day.
Status changed to ‘Ready for Dispatch’ : 11 July 2018
Received passport (with returned old passport and PR card) : 12 July 2018

Hope this helps someone who is feeling impatient like I did during processing.
Hello,
I just renewed my passport at BLS Brampton and it took 16 days for processing. I sent application via postal service offered by BLS. Old passport was issued from India.

Application received at BLS:
26th June 2018
Status changed to ‘processing at CGI’ same day.
Status changed to ‘Ready for Dispatch’ : 11 July 2018
Received passport (with returned old passport and PR card) : 12 July 2018

Hope this helps someone who is feeling impatient like I did during processing.
Anyone renewed passport via BLS recently, can you please tell me the fees structure ? bls site is bit confusing .

Dec 31, 2020
Hi, I just recieved my renewed passport and had a doubt if someone could clear it for me. My old passport has a line in the back page saying, " Old Ppt CLD & returned" but my new passport is missing that line. Is that same for you guys as well and is that normal ?

poppedpluto

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
BLS Toronto received my Passport renewal application on December 22nd and on Jan 1st, I'm seeing the status on the embassy website as "Print has been initiated for Passport". I'm so confused on this timeline and entire process as there was no communication on police verification and in only 8 days the status was updated on govt. embassy website for passport print. My application is not tatkaal either so does anyone know why my case was handled differently?

Not complaining but can't believe how fast the passport has been processed unless the website is showing incorrect status. Any insights will be appreciated.

nixster

Jan 4, 2021
Anyone renewed passport via BLS recently, can you please tell me the fees structure ? bls site is bit confusing .
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has recently submitted passport via postal application. Is the fee CAD 109.40 (as per fee calculator) or 110.40 (as per all other pages on the BLS website) for the bank draft. Please advise.

nixster

Jan 4, 2021
I received my passport today. My timeline below:

Oct 01, 2020: Passport renewal application package sent to BLS Brampton via Puralator Pickup
Oct 02, 2020: Confirmation of package receipt email from BLS
Oct 05, 2020: Processing start date
Oct 17, 2020: Police verification initiation email
Oct 27, 2020: Police inquiry at home in India
Nov 18, 2020: https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html status changed to "Print has been initiated for passport" from "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate"
Nov 25, 2020: https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html status changed to "Print has been printed". BLS status still "Processing at Consulate General"
Nov 30, 2020: https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html status still "Passport has been printed" and BLS status changed to "In transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre"
Nov 30, 2020: BLS status changed to "Dispatched via courier" with Purolator tracking number.
Dec 01, 2020: Passport received!

All the best for everyone with the process!
Hi, could you please advise the amount for which you issued the bank draft for your application as the fee calculator shows 109.4 while website mentions 110.4. Thanks for your help!

Vimald2v

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
BLS Toronto received my Passport renewal application on December 22nd and on Jan 1st, I'm seeing the status on the embassy website as "Print has been initiated for Passport". I'm so confused on this timeline and entire process as there was no communication on police verification and in only 8 days the status was updated on govt. embassy website for passport print. My application is not tatkaal either so does anyone know why my case was handled differently?

Not complaining but can't believe how fast the passport has been processed unless the website is showing incorrect status. Any insights will be appreciated.
How to check status on Embassy website?

nixster

Jan 4, 2021
Same here. In the Passport India portal (https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew) The above error message appears.

My timeline:

Passport renewal application package sent to BLS Brampton via Puralator Pickup: August 18, 2020
Confirmation of package receipt email from BLS: August 19, 2020
Processing start date: August 20, 2020
Police verification initiation email: September 4, 2020
Police inquiry at home in India: September 8, 2020

Current status on BLS website: Processing at Consulate General
Current status on Passport Seva at Indian Embassy (https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html): Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
Current status on Passport India Portal (https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew) :The status of the entered File Number is not available in the system
Hi @jjoy . Could you kindly advise on the fee amount for which you issued the draft/postal order, since the fee calculator shows CAD109.4 while elsewhere on the BLS website is says 110.4. Please could you let us know. Thanks for your help.

poppedpluto

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hi @jjoy . Could you kindly advise on the fee amount for which you issued the draft/postal order, since the fee calculator shows CAD109.4 while elsewhere on the BLS website is says 110.4. Please could you let us know. Thanks for your help.
Its $110.4 CAD. You just need to provide one postal order or bank draft of this amount under name of BLS given on website and send it with your application.

nixster

Jan 4, 2021
Its $110.4 CAD. You just need to provide one postal order or bank draft of this amount under name of BLS given on website and send it with your application.
Thanks @poppedpluto. Appreciate your prompt response!

Also, can we drop off the package directly at Purolator if we choose the pick-up/drop option.