+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian national applying for US tourist visa from Canada

sud747

Sep 24, 2018
Has any Indian national applied for US tourist visa (B2) while on visitor visa in Canada ? I am about to apply for Canada visitor visa and pretty confident that I will get it as I have excellent travel history (been more than a dozen countries in last 2 years) and pretty solid ties to India where I have a rock solid business + real estate assets + pretty high bank balance. Due to ever increasing visa backlog here in local US embassies in India I am unbale to get an interview date for tourist visa, there is literally 900+ days of wait time as of Nov-2022 !!!! So I was wondering if I can apply for US tourist visa once I land in Canada on visitor visa ? what are the odds of getting visa approval or rejection if I do so ?

harpreetbhatti

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Has any Indian national applied for US tourist visa (B2) while on visitor visa in Canada ? I am about to apply for Canada visitor visa and pretty confident that I will get it as I have excellent travel history (been more than a dozen countries in last 2 years) and pretty solid ties to India where I have a rock solid business + real estate assets + pretty high bank balance. Due to ever increasing visa backlog here in local US embassies in India I am unbale to get an interview date for tourist visa, there is literally 900+ days of wait time as of Nov-2022 !!!! So I was wondering if I can apply for US tourist visa once I land in Canada on visitor visa ? what are the odds of getting visa approval or rejection if I do so ?
You only need confidence to get USA visa.

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
You have to apply for US visa only from your home country. You can apply US visa from Canada if you are a PR and residing at present in Canada, not on a visitor visa.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
I applied for US visa from Canada and I got it but I had a PGWP at that time and my situation was radically different than yours. The backlog excuse can indeed work but the thing is that when I applied in 2014, they were rejecting even PR applicants who didn't spend too much time in Canada. That might be different though. Why not try? No harm in trying.

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
The wait times in Canada are 400+ days as well, and your file would mostly get rejected on the basis of you being in a third country before applying. You need to be in India to satisfy the visa office that you’ll return to India. US embassy Will not see you as returning to India as you have Canada visa, and they won’t be satisfied that you’ll return to Canada since you're already considering travelling to another country while being a visitor in one.

lucasinho

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
Appointment wait time is more than 400 days in Toronto for example. Just don't apply for B1/B2 visa at the moment!

Reactions: scylla