+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian M. Com, No work experience (PLS HELP)

novsaggi

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2011 to Los Angels Office
Dude its ur life n decisions

Just FYI, any education worth thousands of dollars surely comes worth it
Since u found out with distant education has no value in points.
Also, the immigration will cost u money, wont b free there

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
nevillek said:
Hi Nano,

Thanks for the reply again.

As you said, it seems that the Skilled worker category is a risky gamble because the occupation in which I get a year's work ex might not even be there when it's time for me to apply, so I want to keep that option on the side. Same goes for Univ Masters + Job in Canada, because I don't really want to be spending so much time and money before I get PR. Ofcourse, it could fetch me a better job, but if I get the PR, my options to study for a Masters to get a higher paying-job are always open if I am not satisfied with the job I get with just the PR and a little work ex in India. Basically, I want to get the PR asap and not worry about the job salary and stuff.

I just spoke to someone and it seems that the Quebec one seems the easiest way to go, because they have a variety of jobs in the list, I can have 1 yr work ex, and be fluent in French and get it easily. Correct?

You said that learning French is not easy. But I am determined to put my heart and soul into it. And even if I can't learn it in 1 year, I can take some more time in India to learn it before applying, right? Atleast I won't be spending 50,000$+ to get a Masters degree which I don't really want right now anyways.

What are your thoughts on this?
Dear Nevllek, Nano has left nothing more to say on the topic, and i will recommend Quebec as the best option among all. It has a vast variety of occupations, the process is quicker than FSW and needs 57 points to attain CSQ. After that you have to apply for FSW, and that wont take much time at this stage. So go for it man...

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
nano24482 said:
Why don't you go for student visa in a good university.
You can go for PNP after you graduate(make sure its a master's course and not college level vocational course).

One more option for you can be Quebec. Learn French for a year or two and get experience simultaneously.

i agree...

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
nashe_31 said:
Dear Nevllek, Nano has left nothing more to say on the topic, and i will recommend Quebec as the best option among all. It has a vast variety of occupations, the process is quicker than FSW and needs 57 points to attain CSQ. After that you have to apply for FSW, and that wont take much time at this stage. So go for it man...
Thank you very much.

Not sure why do I need to apply for FSW if I get my PR through Quebec-selection process? Sorry, I have not much knowledge of this.

Also, is it mandatory to stay in Quebec only if applying through this program?

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
Actually U will get the Quebec selection Certificate, by applying Quebec Immigration(If u qualified), after that to you will have to apply for PR Visa with Fedral Government to enter Canada,

But you will land in Quebec and also stay in quebec, till you get ur Citizenship. You may move or work any where but u will stay there, and u will confirm it by oath.

Quebec selection Certificate will help u acheiving PR, and the VO will only perform, security and background check for awarding u, PR!

I hope everything is clear now.

regards,

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
hi all...

it's monday in india....new day and a new week with new hopes...lets hope that monday and this week brings the good news/updates for people who are waiting to hear something from chc nd

all the best and good luck :)

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
hi all...

it's tuesday in india....new day with new hopes...lets hope that tuesday brings the good news/updates for people who are waiting to hear something before chc nd closes for the weekend

all the best and good luck :)

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
nevillek said:
You are absolutely correct. My priority is the PR and I don't really want the Masters degree in Canada or a very high paying job. Once I get the PR, I am pretty sure that I will be able to get a satisfactory job atleast in Canada. And ONLY THEN if I feel the need to have Masters degree to get a higher paying job, I will do the Masters and get a better job. That way, I won't be spending THOUSANDS of dollars doing a Masters degree unnecessarily in Canada for the sake of PR.

Talking of FSW, I just realised I am only stuck at 61 points in the Skilled worker category (adding 1 yr job work ex in India) because my "distance-learning" Masters degree of India isn't eligible, PLUS I don't want to play a gamble with the SKILLED WORKER CATEGORY anyways because my job title may not even be there in next year's list when I apply. So FSW is out of the question. Correct me if I am wrong.

Now I have to choose between :

a) Student Visa route to PR
b) Quebec route to PR

So I am going to try for the QUEBEC IMMIGRATION by doing a good job for 1 yr here and learning French ASAP. Then get the PR, find a satisfactory job in Canada, and problem-solved.

Do you guys agree with this?
I can say only one thing, in India people learn English for 10-20 years and still can't think to get full 16 points. (I spend 7 year in UK and 23. In India learning english) and still 7.5 band but 14 out of 16 point.
How come you think you can learn enough french to get 8 point.

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
nevillek said:
You are absolutely correct. My priority is the PR and I don't really want the Masters degree in Canada or a very high paying job. Once I get the PR, I am pretty sure that I will be able to get a satisfactory job atleast in Canada. And ONLY THEN if I feel the need to have Masters degree to get a higher paying job, I will do the Masters and get a better job. That way, I won't be spending THOUSANDS of dollars doing a Masters degree unnecessarily in Canada for the sake of PR.

Talking of FSW, I just realised I am only stuck at 61 points in the Skilled worker category (adding 1 yr job work ex in India) because my "distance-learning" Masters degree of India isn't eligible, PLUS I don't want to play a gamble with the SKILLED WORKER CATEGORY anyways because my job title may not even be there in next year's list when I apply. So FSW is out of the question. Correct me if I am wrong.

Now I have to choose between :

a) Student Visa route to PR
b) Quebec route to PR

So I am going to try for the QUEBEC IMMIGRATION by doing a good job for 1 yr here and learning French ASAP. Then get the PR, find a satisfactory job in Canada, and problem-solved.

Do you guys agree with this?
You are looking for a short cut my friend. There are highly qualified guys here who spent their years dedicatedly to prove their worth to get to Canada. Canada invites people who are useful for their economy. Think seriously about your career first before thinking of taking this short cut route.

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
;D ;D ;D wish problems could be solved that easy. The best way for you is to go on a student visa. I might sound a bit rude. Even though you are a masters degree holder, you seem to have no interest in the field of your education. Another forum member has already commented on your intentions. You sound like its raining PR's and just grab one. The people who are getting PR have prooved their worth to get it.

All of your posts are i want PR this way or that way. Relax and think, have i done or going to do something that makes me worth it ?.

My best wishes are with you for all the efforts you will put in for the cause.

cooldeeps

Star Member
Jan 21, 2012
Saw an interesting discussion going on.I completely agree with foruaks.
Life is not full of shortcuts..I understand that you need to spend 1000s of dollars on your education to get a masters degree, but dude beleive me doing a Masters Degree in a reputed university has its own benefits...It will make your career and pave the path for your Canadian PR in future..

If you take the route which you have chosen...learn french and then apply..well there is a difference in learning french and being a pro in it...Remember that if you need to give your french exam and you need to really score very high so that you are awarded with points..

Secondly, also understand that once you are nominated in Quebec Provincial Program you need to stay in Quebec will you become a citizen..so less opportunities..i am comparing opportunities which all provinces will give compared to Quebec..

I also qualified in both Quebec and FSW, but choose FSW simply because of flexibility to move.. Anyways..dude..please check all your options..also dont move to a country just for residency...first think about your career, job opportunities etc etc and then only decide to move into a country which alligns with your goals..

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Hi nevillk,
Just wondering how u doing and did you able to learn French enough for Qubec immigration ?