Indian employer TCS reference letter issue

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
My friend works for Indian IT co and as per him employer does not provide him up-to-date letter of reference for duration when he was on deputation in Canada.

Is there other members who have been in similar situation?

Not sure why these Indian employer do not provide reference letter to these employees who performed their duties and returned to their home countries.

Is there is any other way of getting up-to-date letter from employers? Please post your experiences.

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
PA1984, truly appreciate your concern.
But this forum is to discuss CEC and let us avoid naming / posting comments about specific employers on this forum.

kingofqueens

Star Member
Apr 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2013
Med's Done....
31-05-2013
Passport Req..
20-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2013
LANDED..........
08-07-2013
Andy2109 said:
PA1984, truly appreciate your concern.
But this forum is to discuss CEC and let us avoid naming / posting comments about specific employers on this forum.
Agree with Andy

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree for when guys work for such companies, Its is these companies moral responsibility to provide support letter atleast after employee returns to home country.

This guy have every right to apply under CEC as he performed his duties while he was in Canada for this company.

I have posted in this forum cos these silence is killing me as eligible CEC guys may get rejections just cos their employer does not provide uptodate reference letter. and some one should throw some light on this un-humanitarian practices by such companies

cec4111

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Calgary
PA1984 said:
I agree for when guys work for such companies, Its is these companies moral responsibility to provide support letter atleast after employee returns to home country.

This guy have every right to apply under CEC as he performed his duties while he was in Canada for this company.

I have posted in this forum cos these silence is killing me as eligible CEC guys may get rejections just cos their employer does not provide uptodate reference letter. and some one should throw some light on this un-humanitarian practices by such companies
Its just not that, TCS, IBM, HP, WIPRO, ACCENTURE 90% of Indian IT companies do not provide it as they think they will loose the employees once they get their PR. Its strange that few Canadian Banks also refuse to provide such letter.

According to Temporary Foreign Employee rights, we can claim such letters from employers.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/tfw-rights.asp

Employment contracts

For their protection, temporary foreign workers hired for occupations requiring lower levels of formal training must sign an employment contract with their employers. It is also advisable, but not required, that higher skilled temporary foreign workers sign an employment contract with their employer before starting work. Both you and your employer must comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and it should include:

your pay and deductions from your pay;
details of your job duties; and
conditions of employment.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cec4111 said:
Its just not that, TCS, IBM, HP, WIPRO, ACCENTURE 90% of Indian IT companies do not provide it as they think they will loose the employees once they get their PR. Its strange that few Canadian Banks also refuse to provide such letter.

According to Temporary Foreign Employee rights, we can claim such letters from employers.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/tfw-rights.asp

Employment contracts

For their protection, temporary foreign workers hired for occupations requiring lower levels of formal training must sign an employment contract with their employers. It is also advisable, but not required, that higher skilled temporary foreign workers sign an employment contract with their employer before starting work. Both you and your employer must comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and it should include:

your pay and deductions from your pay;
details of your job duties; and
conditions of employment.
1. As per your quote, It is also advisable, but not required, that higher skilled temporary foreign workers which covers NOC A. B and O so if the employer doesn't want to, then there is no one who can force him/her to give you a reference letter or contract.

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi PMM
Do you think there is any other way to address this issue? Any work around in your mind?

cecaspirant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
get a letter from your manager on a white sheet, and include a cover letter as to why you arent able to get a letter from your employer.but then nothing would suffice an letter from your employer