+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian citizens getting biometrics done from Dubai

akeera

Nov 5, 2017
Hey,
I am planning on getting my passport stamped in Dubai Vfs. Did anyone get this done, and if so how many days will it take for them to return my passport? I am running on a tight timeline and would require my passport to be returned to me in 7-8 days. Anyone who did this process; i’d really appreciate your help.
Thanks

sohail350

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Hey,
I am planning on getting my passport stamped in Dubai Vfs. Did anyone get this done, and if so how many days will it take for them to return my passport? I am running on a tight timeline and would require my passport to be returned to me in 7-8 days. Anyone who did this process; i’d really appreciate your help.
Thanks
Where did you apply from, and did you get you PPR? usually, passports can only be submitted at VACs in the country where you applied from.

akeera

Nov 5, 2017
Where did you apply from, and did you get you PPR? usually, passports can only be submitted at VACs in the country where you applied from.
I’ve conferred with dubai vfs and they say that I can submit my passport there. So I’m not really concerned about the submission as much as I am about the processing times.
Do you know someone who received their passport within 7-8 days of submission at dubai vfs?

sohail350

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
I’ve conferred with dubai vfs and they say that I can submit my passport there. So I’m not really concerned about the submission as much as I am about the processing times.
Do you know someone who received their passport within 7-8 days of submission at dubai vfs?
I suggest you ask IRCC and not just VFS. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html

In this link it says passports are to be submitted in the country where the application was submitted in. I don't know anyone who applied for India and got stamping elsewhere.

akeera

Nov 5, 2017
I suggest you ask IRCC and not just VFS. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html

In this link it says passports are to be submitted in the country where the application was submitted in. I don't know anyone who applied for India and got stamping elsewhere.
I can check with them too when their offices open. Thanks for this. Also, would be great to know the processing time of the same if anyone’s done it here.

sohail350

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
I can check with them too when their offices open. Thanks for this. Also, would be great to know the processing time of the same if anyone’s done it here.
Usually I read 2 weeks is the processing time not specific to any country and further depends on COVID delays. Can you please share when and where you applied for your visa?

akeera

Nov 5, 2017
Usually I read 2 weeks is the processing time not specific to any country and further depends on COVID delays. Can you please share when and where you applied for your visa?
I had applied for WP from canada and trv from india. I am not sure when I applied, may be back in march 2020.

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
VFS offices will be closed in India for November too. Is anyone thinking of getting their biometrics done from Dubai?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
One can definitely go to another country to give their biometrics, but in the recent webinar, IRCC officials specifically mentioned that doing so will not expedite their decisions. So I think the best bet would be to wait until VACs open in India.
My wife's visitor visa is pending biometrics and she is an immediate family member of a PR holder (me)

I'm pretty sure her file will get expedited since they've clearly mentioned on IRCC website that immediate family members can seek exemption from travel restricitions on their website.

jmjrose

Star Member
Sep 12, 2020
Applied in India...and if biometrics is done in Dubai, will the rest of the application get processed in Dubai?

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
Applied in India...and if biometrics is done in Dubai, will the rest of the application get processed in Dubai?
It will be processed in your country of residence which you filled up while applying.

Reactions: jmjrose
Oct 15, 2020
Is it a good idea of getting the biometric done form Dubai taking into consideration the cost of visiting there from India. Is there any chance VFS opening in Nov end or Dec. My application is non sds so even if I get the biometric done from Dubai will my application not get processed still.

r1zzrack

Nov 8, 2020
Hello guys, i am planning to get my biometrics done from dubai, anyone else having same thoughts or have any ideas regarding the same, please get in touch with me on whatsapp 7411227303 so we could discuss our options, i am clueless any help would be great :)

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Hello guys, i am planning to get my biometrics done from dubai, anyone else having same thoughts or have any ideas regarding the same, please get in touch with me on whatsapp 7411227303 so we could discuss our options, i am clueless any help would be great :)
So in Dubai VFS office, appointment slots are filled till 25th last time I checked. I think it would be worth waiting as by that time we'll have more clarity on biometrics in India.

Reactions: Wh1teH0rsE