+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Citizen in UK want to apply Canadian Tourist Visa

abc_123

Jun 9, 2013
Hi Team

I am an Indian citizen living in UK as Tier1 (working visa) visa holder for 4 years and I want to apply for Tourist Visa. I am planning to visit Canada for 2 weeks in September this year.

Please advise how much funds I need to show and other Pre-requisites.

Please help me with this.

Thanks & Regards

Ripon35

Jun 10, 2013
Hi

I don't know if there is a specific amount of funds that you need to show as available for your trip, but I think you will need a letter from your employer showing that you have a job in the UK which also states your salary as well as some recent bank statements which show some savings (don't know exactly how much sorry!) which you can use for your trip.

Are you intending on visiting any family there? If so, you may need to get an invitation letter from them.

Also I would recommend applying as EARLY as possible. My husband applied on 8 May and as at 10 June, we still haven't heard anything from them. I would hate for you to miss your trip.

emmanu

Jun 10, 2013
i am also applied in UK still no reply from them please update once you have received your visa.

abc_123

Jun 9, 2013
Thanks for the information Rippon35. I most likely booking a Hotel in Canada as I have no family there.

Please update how long it will take for visa to be processed. Do we need to book an appointment with Canadian embassy for submission of forms etc or can we send it via post?

Thanks & Regards

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
abc_123 said:
Thanks for the information Rippon35. I most likely booking a Hotel in Canada as I have no family there.

Please update how long it will take for visa to be processed. Do we need to book an appointment with Canadian embassy for submission of forms etc or can we send it via post?

Thanks & Regards
See here for instructions on submitting your application. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/application-visa_centre-demandes.aspx?lang=eng

No one can tell you how long it will take, as the visa officers are on strike at the moment.