+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Indian Citizen] Fastest way to visit my partner in Canada from USA?

maskaravivek

Jul 1, 2021
Hello,

I am currently studying in USA on F1 Visa and I applied for Canada Visitor visa in December 2020(submitted biometrics as well). My partner is working in Canada on a work permit. She doesn't have a valid visitor authorization stamped(she applied for it in March 2021) so she can't travel outside of Canada.

Questions:
- Is there any way to speed up the visa processing for my case? Can someone be contacted for this? Can a agent help with the process?
- Is there any way to meet each other with the current travel restrictions in place? Any workarounds?
- Are others in a similar situation?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. No way to expedite processing…everyone want expedited processing. You can raise a webform and ask the status of your file. Are you married? If not, you can’t enter at all until restrictions are lifted. If married or common law, You also need written authorization to travel as well as the visa. Did you apply for that at the same time?
2. If she can’t leave the country, then no. Once she can leave the country, you can meet in the US if she has a visa or a third country

Reactions: RumezaJ