NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
mehulca said:
Just keeping the thread active. Where are Indian CAs. All must be busy.
For practice,you need to qulaify as a member of the CICA.

Thnx

mehulca

Oct 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Result submitted with other documents
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013 received on 25-02-2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Will CICA be enough? or I need to do CGA-Ontario also, if I need to practise in Toronto?

setcanada

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
12/02/10
AOR Received.
12/02/10
IELTS Request
12/02/10
File Transfer...
17/02/10
Med's Request
18 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
28 dec 2010
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2011
LANDED..........
Landing on 8th April 2011 at Toronto
Thats right for the practice you need to be Member of Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA).
As all of us very well knows that MRA Between CICA & ICAI already signed and more statistical information will be revealed on 4th March 2011.
Keep fingure crossed and Pray that Article-ship clause will exempt.

penpal said:
For practice,you need to qulaify as a member of the CICA.

Thnx

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody has an ideas about the UFE study material? I mean whether It will be provided by the CICA or is available in the market?

setcanada said:
Thats right for the practice you need to be Member of Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA).
As all of us very well knows that MRA Between CICA & ICAI already signed and more statistical information will be revealed on 4th March 2011.
Keep fingure crossed and Pray that Article-ship clause will exempt.

cabharatbhushan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Amritsar, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2010
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
07/05/2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I think there are some study package programmes organised by CICA and/or some private institutions...only they provide the materials. If anybody wants to purchase from private institutions then it is bit costly i think CAD 2400 but some guiding material is also available at nominal prices...but i guess that will not serve our purpose as we need through knowledge of all subjects to be asked in UFE......One thing we should keep in mind UFE is not going to be an easy task....like CPA Australia there was only 1 or 2 exams were required to cleared but in this case scene is totally different...in UFE they check specfic capabilities...hope next announcement of ICAI will clear the position.......If ICAI would have entered into MRA then the situation was different.

My personal opinion is that We all Indian Chartered Accountants should come together to complete this UFE otherwise individually it might more take time to complete

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am fully agree with you Bharat.

Actually, if you see under the sections of every competency areas of UFE competency map they have written that “ CA candidate should cover these subjects in their undergraduate or graduate courses or in professional courses offered by the Regional or professional institutes” Which means UFE is kind of Final level Exam of Canadian CA and probably inter-level courses/preparatory courses are offered in Graduation/under graduation courses. So, writing UFE may be something like taking CA Final exam again, which is going to very tough. And, if the requirement of training is also not completely waived off then it may be even more tougher.

Somehow I feel doing CGA would be a better option for following reasons. First, CGA exams can be written 4 times in year whereas UFE is possible only once in a year. Second, for CGA study materials are provided by the institute and there is no requirement of any training or formal classes. Third, now in Onatrio CGA are also allowed to do public accounting practice.

But we must wait till March 3 for complete information and details on MoU.

As per your suggestion, I think to stay connected we can start a group on LINKEDIN where we can share our problems relating to CGA/CA.

I would also request all the ICAI members in this forum to please share their views and information on this issue.

cabharatbhushan said:
I think there are some study package programmes organised by CICA and/or some private institutions...only they provide the materials. If anybody wants to purchase from private institutions then it is bit costly i think CAD 2400 but some guiding material is also available at nominal prices...but i guess that will not serve our purpose as we need through knowledge of all subjects to be asked in UFE......One thing we should keep in mind UFE is not going to be an easy task....like CPA Australia there was only 1 or 2 exams were required to cleared but in this case scene is totally different...in UFE they check specfic capabilities...hope next announcement of ICAI will clear the position.......If ICAI would have entered into MRA then the situation was different.

My personal opinion is that We all Indian Chartered Accountants should come together to complete this UFE otherwise individually it might more take time to complete

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
b2c said:

Actually, if you see under the sections of every competency areas of UFE competency map they have written that “ CA candidate should cover these subjects in their undergraduate or graduate courses or in professional courses offered by the Regional or professional institutes” Which means UFE is kind of Final level Exam of Canadian CA and probably inter-level courses/preparatory courses are offered in Graduation/under graduation courses. So, writing UFE may be something like taking CA Final exam again, which is going to very tough. And, if the requirement of training is also not completely waived off then it may be even more tougher.

Somehow I feel doing CGA would be a better option for following reasons. First, CGA exams can be written 4 times in year whereas UFE is possible only once in a year. Second, for CGA study materials are provided by the institute and there is no requirement of any training or formal classes. Third, now in Onatrio CGA are also allowed to do public accounting practice.

As per your suggestion, I think to stay connected we can start a group on LINKEDIN where we can share our problems relating to CGA/CA.

I would also request all the ICAI members in this forum to please share their views and information on this issue.
Hi,

I fully agree that the CGA is more feasible simply b'cse of it's flexibility.
But i still believe that for practice you need to be a CA as it gives you better options and prepares you better for the practice.
The CGA does provide online materials for study but i feel that for anybody who has been out of touch curriculum wise the better option would be to join classroom training as it gives you more confidence to attempt the exam.As it is lot of colleges hv equivalent courses on the level of CGA and once you get a c+ grade then you can get full transfer credit for the equivalent CGA national exam.
It all depends on the individual as for the choice of the course and the mode of study.This is just my opinion.
Any more opinions are welcome and sharing info enriches us.

Thanks

xenos

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i also feel that cga is more feasible. if the job you are doing does not support your ufe efforts then getting leave before exams, etc. may become difficult, i think ufe is pretty expensive too to do from ones pocket. then if you miss it once the next year seems far away. cga is more doable. at least it seems like that. does anyone have any idea of the level of difficulty of the cga, is it easier or more difficult than ufe? ufe is total dicriptive type exam. is cga also similar?(or is it like us cpa?) any inputs on this...please share.

cabharatbhushan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Amritsar, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2010
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
07/05/2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
b2c said:

Yes, you are right CGA is much simplier as compared to CA but only B'coz it is held more frequently in year as compared to CA...but i guess we donot underestimate this course too before thorough analysis...I read some page of CGA where it is written we need to take One year professional training for CGA. Moreover we have to sit in English Test to prove our English language ability and mathematical test to prove our mathematics.Besides all there are 4 papers.....so almost process is same as CA...but it is looking somplier.

My opinion is we may adopt CGA initially and after doing or reading some subjects, We should definitely go for CA while doing CGA side by side...after all it is a question of our reputation.

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding requirements of English test, Mathematics test and One year’s training in CGA, these are not applicable to Indian CAs with graduation degrees. And for doing CAs, if the training requirement is not waived off then finding a trainers’ office would also be a challenge because Canadian CA firms prefer only local college passed outs.

But I agree with your idea of starting off with CGA to get the understanding canadian courses and then to move on to CA. Actually after completing CGA getting decent jobs in the field of Auditing and Accounting will also become easier.

There are PASS, Norgrove, and Densmore UFE course providers but these all courses seems to be refreshing courses only, which may be beneficial to candidates who have fair idea of UFE courses contents.

Please keep on sharing your views.

cabharatbhushan said:
Yes, you are right CGA is much simplier as compared to CA but only B'coz it is held more frequently in year as compared to CA...but i guess we donot underestimate this course too before thorough analysis...I read some page of CGA where it is written we need to take One year professional training for CGA. Moreover we have to sit in English Test to prove our English language ability and mathematical test to prove our mathematics.Besides all there are 4 papers.....so almost process is same as CA...but it is looking somplier.

My opinion is we may adopt CGA initially and after doing or reading some subjects, We should definitely go for CA while doing CGA side by side...after all it is a question of our reputation.

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The complete course contents and syllabus are available on the following links,
http://www.cga-ontario.org/Prospective_Students/Becoming_a_CGA/Course_Calendar.aspx
http://www.cga-ontario.org/Prospective_Students/Becoming_a_CGA/Course_Descriptions.aspx

xenos said:
i also feel that cga is more feasible. if the job you are doing does not support your ufe efforts then getting leave before exams, etc. may become difficult, i think ufe is pretty expensive too to do from ones pocket. then if you miss it once the next year seems far away. cga is more doable. at least it seems like that. does anyone have any idea of the level of difficulty of the cga, is it easier or more difficult than ufe? ufe is total dicriptive type exam. is cga also similar?(or is it like us cpa?) any inputs on this...please share.

cabharatbhushan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Amritsar, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2010
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
07/05/2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
b2c said:
Regarding requirements of English test, Mathematics test and One year's training in CGA, these are not applicable to Indian CAs with graduation degrees. And for doing CAs, if the training requirement is not waived off then finding a trainers' office would also be a challenge because Canadian CA firms prefer only local college passed outs.

But I agree with your idea of starting off with CGA to get the understanding canadian courses and then to move on to CA. Actually after completing CGA getting decent jobs in the field of Auditing and Accounting will also become easier.

There are PASS, Norgrove, and Densmore UFE course providers but these all courses seems to be refreshing courses only, which may be beneficial to candidates who have fair idea of UFE courses contents.

Please keep on sharing your views.
Very useful thank you very much

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi,

Has anybody enrolled for the CGA programme.If yes pls respond with their comments as to how to go about the whole course,as i am intending to sit for the coming exam.

Thanks

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b2c said:
Does anybody has an ideas about the UFE study material? I mean whether It will be provided by the CICA or is available in the market?
I think the link below will help you out
http://www.casb.com/pdf/UFE_2010/2010_UFE_APPROACH_STUDY_GUIDE.pdf

xtc2011

Feb 26, 2011
penpal said:
Hi,
As it is lot of colleges hv equivalent courses on the level of CGA and once you get a c+ grade then you can get full transfer credit for the equivalent CGA national exam.
It all depends on the individual as for the choice of the course and the mode of study.This is just my opinion.
Any more opinions are welcome and sharing info enriches us.

Thanks
Hi,

True, but remember CGA does not give transfer credits for PACE level subjects. A typical Indian CA can only get a transfer credit for TX1 by completing an equivalent university/college course but not for any PACE level subjects.