Med's Done....
28 dec 2010
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2011
LANDED..........
Landing on 8th April 2011 at Toronto
Your Right honeyjack after next update scenario will be clear lets hope to receive positive outcome from CICA

honeyjack said:
I am also very confuse but i think it will waived partially..I guess we still have to undergo training for 1 to 2 years...as u said next update will clear all doubts..
Honeyjack :)

cabharatbhushan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Amritsar, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2010
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
07/05/2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
But one thing is clear that to pass the UFE we need to have the knowledge of 6 segments of specific competency. So we have to study at least 6 subjects.......it is not an easy task...

About training my intuitions are they are not going to exempt training...as it is clear from the information available now.

honeyjack

May 20, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rightly said Bharat...as i said before CGA may be the good option as compared to CA. Subjects to clear will be approx 3 & it's results are on a higher side then CA... actually i am also doin CIA from IIA & cleared Part 1 still 2 to clear as 4th is exemption for us.... anybody has any idea about value of CIA carrying in canada....

cabharatbhushan

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Amritsar, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2010
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
07/05/2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
honeyjack said:
Rightly said Bharat...as i said before CGA may be the good option as compared to CA. Subjects to clear will be approx 3 & it's results are on a higher side then CA... actually i am also doin CIA from IIA & cleared Part 1 still 2 to clear as 4th is exemption for us.... anybody has any idea about value of CIA carrying in canada....
Will u elaborate CIA and IIA....and R u CA?????

xenos

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@cabharatbhushan

CIA= certified internal auditor, iia institute of internal auditors, and if honeyjack is exempt from fourth paper then he must be a CA:)

after the initial excitement even i was dissapointed, an MRA would have been slightly better, like the one icai has with australia, this ufe is going to be difficult-its first of all only once a year, next-the number of attempts are i think few. (i read two somehwere but we need to check on that.)

cga on the other hand is more often-not just once a year, also number of attempts at each paper is more.

we got to consider the entire situation because all of us may not even be able to put in 100 percent if we are working at some starter job and all- so whichever we do,its got be doable!

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi Guys,

It seems by the members' response, getting a CICA qual is much tougher than the CGA qual.Somebody said that one only has to clear 3 papers to become a CGA which is not true.I have evaluated my B.com Hons. and ICAI transcripts and the CGA evaluation results tell me that i need to appear for 4 papers in advanced studies,2 papers in PACE and 2 papers in Professional applications.I have also submitted the IQAS assessment.So effectively it is 8 papers to be cleared before you become a CGA.Maybe it might not be qas tough as the CICA but still the CGA will be time consuming as i am doing a full fledged job and i won't be able to appear in more than a paper in a single session.
Can anybody else, who has already done the CGA evaluation,share their experience.
Also a word of thanks for all the info provided by the members in this forum.

Also i am attaching the email i got from CICA subsequent to the MOU.This was a reply to my email.

""Thank you for your inquiry.

A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on reciprocal membership arrangements was signed by CA Institutes of Canada and India on February 7, 2011. This MOU specifies the criteria by which members of one body will be eligible for membership in the other.

The agreement will come into effect when it is ratified by the Councils of the Provincial Institutes/Ordre of Chartered Accountants in Canada, and the Board of Directors of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. We do not yet have a timeline for ratification; the Institutes/Ordre have operational issues to address.

Once the agreement is ratified, members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India who hold a recognized university degree will be eligible to qualify for a Canadian CA designation by passing the Canadian Uniform Evaluation (the "UFE"), and meeting the profession’s experience requirements. International experience will be included in the assessment. Click here for information on the UFE.

Note that the MOU covers certification as a Chartered Accountant only. It does not cover licensure to practice public accounting.

Each Provincial Institute/Ordre is responsible for CA qualification within its jurisdiction, including assessment of education and experience, and administering the UFE. For more information, contact the Provincial Institutes/Ordre in which you reside or wish to reside.Click here for contact information.""

Also see the ICAI president's mail.

""Dear Members,

I am happy to inform you that ICAI has signed historic arrangment with CICA Canadian Institute of CA for membership recognition on 7th Feb., 2011.

Further arragments for the details shall be available on ICAI website shortly.

Regards

Amarjit Chopra
President - ICAI""

Regards

vaibhavvd

May 26, 2010
Hyderabad, India
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
Doc's Request.
26-03-2010
AOR Received.
26-03-2010
IELTS Request
26-03-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
29-05-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Passport Req..
05-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013
LANDED..........
First Q 2014
Thanks Honeyjack and Setcanada,

I also think that with the MOU Indian CA will not be required to undergo articles. If it does then the MOU is not of any use, might as well we should join the course itself. MOU gives us privilege of becoming member of another institute by passing 1-2 papers. usually these papers are tax and corporate laws (as these two are different in each country).

I would still think pursuing CA would be a more wiser option (due to the only fact that we have MOU with CICA).

As many of you have rightly said, let us wait until further declaration from either institutes and then discuss it further.

all the best fellas
-Vaibhav

honeyjack

May 20, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cabharatbhushan said:
Will u elaborate CIA and IIA....and R u CA?????
xenos said is correct,IIA is Institute of Internal Auditors & CIA is a designation " Certified Internal Auditor". I am also M.com & MBA (finance) & pursuing CIA( cleared 1st part & 2 to clear)

Honeyja :)cak

vivshivram

Feb 12, 2011
Hello Everyone,

This is seriously a great forum, and this thread is especially enthusiastic. I've been looking for something like this for quite a while. I have a couple of questions and need some valuable advice/ insights.

To introduce myself, I am a Graduate in Commerce and a Part Finalist with ICAI (One Group to go). I have successfully finished my Articleship with a Big Four practice in Chennai and have had a very rigorous experience, across Core Audit and Systems Audit disciplines.

I am very keen on making a career in Canada and would like to move at an early stage in my professional career. I'd like to get some clarifications from senior members on this forum.

1. I believe NOC Code 1111 - Financial Auditors and Accountants - has been removed from the list. But NOC Code 1122 - Professional Services in Occupations related to Management - has been added and includes "Chartered and Cost Accountants". Presently, NOC Code 1122 has reached the cap of 1,000 applications. Will this reopen next year, for a fresh set of 1,000 applications, or will old applications be considered first (as in applications pending in CHC and Consulates)?

2. I have pursued my graduation and CA simultaneously. How does this affect my chances (good or bad)?

3. My articleship was a paid one and, as I mentioned a bit earlier, pretty much extensive. Does the Immigration officer view experience carefully (substance over form), or will the fact of the experience being "articleship" affect the application in any way?

4. As ICAI has signed MoU/ MRA with CGAA and CICA, which is a better qualification from a job perspective? It appears that CA from CICA may have to be pursued from Canada itself, while CGA may be pursued from India as well.

5. Finally, is it worthwhile to apply for a Work Permit/ PR first and then come to Canada to look for work, or the other way round, i.e. get a job offer before applying for PR? I am asking this because of the extraordinary waiting times I have come across (6-12 months). So even if I get a job offer, I can't obviously expect my employer to wait for 6 months for me to get a work permit.

Hoping to get some encouraging answers soon. I have gone through this thread completely, I am asking these queries because I haven't been able to get clarifications for these from the thread as yet.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Vivek

vinind

Feb 14, 2011
Hi,
I'm Vinit, C A from India, presently working in Muscat. Landing in Mar-2011 with family. Any suggestions for getting started for job hunt. Thanking you in advance. This thread is really useful.

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Guys,

Can anybody who is doing CGA or hving knowledge of the course content,reply to the below mail.I will appreciate.

Thanks

""It seems by the members' response, getting a CICA qual is much tougher than the CGA qual.Somebody said that one only has to clear 3 papers to become a CGA which is not true.I have evaluated my B.com Hons. and ICAI transcripts and the CGA evaluation results tell me that i need to appear for 4 papers in advanced studies,2 papers in PACE and 2 papers in Professional applications.I have also submitted the IQAS assessment.So effectively it is 8 papers to be cleared before you become a CGA.Maybe it might not be qas tough as the CICA but still the CGA will be time consuming as i am doing a full fledged job and i won't be able to appear in more than a paper in a single session.
Can anybody else, who has already done the CGA evaluation,share their experience.
""

xenos

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear penpal and fellow ca's just go through the following document may help in getting a clearer picture about cga papers (but not level of difficulty)

www.icai.org/resource_file/11586p294-295.pdf

rgds, xenos

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
xenos said:
dear penpal and fellow ca's just go through the following document may help in getting a clearer picture about cga papers (but not level of difficulty)

www.icai.org/resource_file/11586p294-295.pdf

rgds, xenos
Hi Xenos,

Thanks for your mail.But this info only talks about the exepmtions till level 4 .What about the PACE level and Professional level which are the next two levels and each has 2 papers for a total pf 4 papers.
Maybe they are something new that the CGA has introduced after ICAI signed the advanced standing ststus with CGA.

Thanks

mehulca

Oct 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Result submitted with other documents
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013 received on 25-02-2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Hi All,

I am Indian CA of 2006. I am in practice and wants to practice in Canada also. Does anybody have any idea about how to practice accounting profession in Toronto. What additional degrees I need to get before being eligible to practice?

Thanks in advance.

mehulca

Oct 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Result submitted with other documents
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013 received on 25-02-2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Just keeping the thread active. Where are Indian CAs. All must be busy.