+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian CA & B.Com; WES assessment done; confusion in what is my highest degree?

immi12345

Jun 23, 2015
Dear Experts,

I am a Chartered Accountant(CA) from India and also a Bachelor in Commerce(B.Com). I have got my ECA report from WES.

In my WES report, there is a Summary assessment as : Bachelor degree (four years);
Below summary assessment is the Credential assessment which says
1) CA from India is equivalent to Bachelor degree (three years) and
2) B.Com is equivalent to Bachelor degree (four years).

So in the PR application, what will be my highest degree? Can I select the option: "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees"

Please let me know your thoughts here. Would really appreciate any inputs please.

Thanks !!

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
immi12345 said:
Dear Experts,

I am a Chartered Accountant(CA) from India and also a Bachelor in Commerce(B.Com). I have got my ECA report from WES.

In my WES report, there is a Summary assessment as : Bachelor degree (four years);

So in the PR application, what will be my highest degree? Can I select the option: "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees"

Please let me know your thoughts here. Would really appreciate any inputs please.

Thanks !!
You can select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees"

Indian B.com is 3 years right? I guess so......... :eek:

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WES appear to have assessed both your credentials together into 1 Canadian Bachelors credential of 4 years duration. Based on this report, you would have to choose Bachelors.

If you want to challenge this assessment, you will have to check with WES.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
This question comes up a lot. Having done some immigration work in the US, I am sure that CA is not a degree, rather it is a professional certificate. This is similar to CFA and other certificates. So if you have a CA or CS from India, you will have to answer your highest qualification as bachelors (B.Com).

canarenverma

Nov 1, 2015
Dear All,

I am Chartered accountant from India. Can somebody please help me to know to whom should i appeaoch in ICAI for sending transcript to WES. I mean if somebodsy can please le tme know the steps like:

1. Do I needto go the controlloer of examinations
2. Take my copies of mark sheets and degree certificates
3. WES reference number
4. Take Academic Record request form and ask controller to fill it
5. Sign it and put it into enelope as per the format of enevolpe prescribed.

Can somebody pleaes help m on this. thx

deyka

Star Member
Oct 4, 2014
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
canarenverma said:
Dear All,

I am Chartered accountant from India. Can somebody please help me to know to whom should i appeaoch in ICAI for sending transcript to WES. I mean if somebodsy can please le tme know the steps like:

1. Do I needto go the controlloer of examinations
2. Take my copies of mark sheets and degree certificates
3. WES reference number
4. Take Academic Record request form and ask controller to fill it
5. Sign it and put it into enelope as per the format of enevolpe prescribed.

Can somebody pleaes help m on this. thx
If as per the above post CA is not treated as a degree I don't see a point for sending transcripts for the same....in my wife's case she had a BCom degree which was considered as 4 years bachelor by wes and I just sent my masters transcript - wes gave me a masters equivalency...

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi immi12345, I am in a similar situtaion. I have a Bachelors degree in Commerce (major in Accounting), my Australian CA and my Canadian CA. I selected '2 or more certificates, dipolmas or degrees'. There is very specific criteria for Masters degrees.

Unfortunately for us accountants, as our CA's were issued by a licensed professional body we cannot get them assessed for Canadian equivalency.

Hope this helps.

SmartSachin

Nov 30, 2017
Dear Experts,

Thanks !!
Dear Immi,

I would really appreciate your help, if you can clarify my doubt.

My doubt is regarding which marksheets are required to be attested and by whom.

Like i have done my Bcom from Somaiya College which comes under Mumbai University.
My FYBCOM & SYBCOM marksheets are being issued by college and i have only one marksheet for each year.
My doubt is whether i need to get attested those marksheets from my college or Mumbai University will do it bases my original marksheet and it will be suffice to WES.

I am clear about TYBCOM marksheet that i will have to get it attested it from Mumbai University.

Regards,
Sachin K.

Jul 23, 2018
Do Iqas or any other education credential assessment body recognises profes CA as master or professional degree?

Thanks in advance
CA Bharat

vk112

Jul 29, 2018

Dear All,

I have done B.COM(India) & Accountant Technician course from ICAI {INDIA}. Can somebody please help me to know in which category WES will consider my Qualification? Is it considered under "2 or more degree, diploma, certificate" or under "Bachelors"?

Thanks & Regards
Zuby

Reactions: CA Bharat Gupta
Jul 23, 2018

Dear All,

I have done B.COM(India) & Accountant Technician course from ICAI {INDIA}. Can somebody please help me to know in which category WES will consider my Qualification? Is it considered under "2 or more degree, diploma, certificate" or under "Bachelors"?

Thanks & Regards
Zuby

Please let me know as well! My wife has the same qualifications.

SudeepGairhe

Feb 9, 2019
Dear All,

I have completed by Chartered Accountancy from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and also completed by B.Com (A&F) from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) under the MOU between ICAI and IGNOU. I have registered B.Com in 2011 and received my Statement of marks in 2013. Basically, the BCom course offered by IGNOU under MOU with ICAI, can be initiated after completing PCC/Inter/IPCC and there is the provision of credit transfer. This is not three years degree.

My question is, what could be the outcome of WES assessment? As I have gone through the discussion on this forum CA with B.com is stated as equivalent to "Two or more certificate diploma/degree". Please help. Has anyone already done the assessment similar to my case?
Regards,
Sudeep

Reactions: itsdrpal
May 24, 2019
Dear All,

I have completed by CA Inter from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and also completed by B.Com (A&F) from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) under the MOU between ICAI and IGNOU. Basically, the BCom course offered by IGNOU under MOU with ICAI, can be initiated after completing PCC/Inter/IPCC and there is the provision of credit transfer. This is not three years degree.

My question is, what could be the outcome of WES assessment? As I have gone through the discussion on this forum CA Inter with B.com is stated as equivalent to "Two or more certificate diploma/degree". Please help. Has anyone already done the assessment similar to my case?

aroranishant1

Jul 13, 2019
Dear All,

I have completed by Chartered Accountancy from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and also completed by B.Com (A&F) from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) under the MOU between ICAI and IGNOU. I have registered B.Com in 2011 and received my Statement of marks in 2013. Basically, the BCom course offered by IGNOU under MOU with ICAI, can be initiated after completing PCC/Inter/IPCC and there is the provision of credit transfer. This is not three years degree.

My question is, what could be the outcome of WES assessment? As I have gone through the discussion on this forum CA with B.com is stated as equivalent to "Two or more certificate diploma/degree". Please help. Has anyone already done the assessment similar to my case?
Regards,
Sudeep

What were your evaluation results? Please share.