+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian CA & B.Com; WES assessment done; confusion in what is my highest degree?

aroranishant1

Jul 13, 2019
Dear All,

I have completed by CA Inter from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and also completed by B.Com (A&F) from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) under the MOU between ICAI and IGNOU. Basically, the BCom course offered by IGNOU under MOU with ICAI, can be initiated after completing PCC/Inter/IPCC and there is the provision of credit transfer. This is not three years degree.

My question is, what could be the outcome of WES assessment? As I have gone through the discussion on this forum CA Inter with B.com is stated as equivalent to "Two or more certificate diploma/degree". Please help. Has anyone already done the assessment similar to my case?
What were your evaluation results?

rishabmehta

Nov 27, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-04-2020
AOR Received.
12-04-2020
Dear Experts,

I am a Chartered Accountant(CA) from India and also a Bachelor in Commerce(B.Com). I have got my ECA report from WES.

In my WES report, there is a Summary assessment as : Bachelor degree (four years);
Below summary assessment is the Credential assessment which says
1) CA from India is equivalent to Bachelor degree (three years) and
2) B.Com is equivalent to Bachelor degree (four years).

So in the PR application, what will be my highest degree? Can I select the option: "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees"

Please let me know your thoughts here. Would really appreciate any inputs please.

Thanks !!
Yes it will be two certificates, diplomas, or degrees. I asked a consultant about the same.
Also can you help with me with one query? What will the name of diploma/certificate while filling the education details in wes profile.?

Reactions: Debojyoti21

Debojyoti21

Jun 30, 2020
Yes it will be two certificates, diplomas, or degrees. I asked a consultant about the same.
Also can you help with me with one query? What will the name of diploma/certificate while filling the education details in wes profile.?
I have the same problem will that bcom degree be computed as 1 year degree or more ?

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
If as per the above post CA is not treated as a degree I don't see a point for sending transcripts for the same....in my wife's case she had a BCom degree which was considered as 4 years bachelor by wes and I just sent my masters transcript - wes gave me a masters equivalency...
I have dine my B.com 3 years degree from india but Wes only gave me 3 years equivalency. Did your wife get 1st division in B.com?

Tulsi

Oct 19, 2019
Dear experts,

I have completed my 3 years Aircraft maintenance engineering course ( enrolled in 2017 - completed in 2020).Since it was a license course ,and considered as 3 yrs diploma course after +2.

After one year i.e on 2018 I enrolled for bachelor program via distance mode and get it completed on 2021 (3 yrs ) . In this circumstances will I be able to get points of 2 or more degree /diploma /trade certificate score on CRS score calculator for express entry?