+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian BCom degree for QSWP. Please advise asap.

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
Dear Experts,

Wondering if any body can advise me how much points do i score. I am holding Bachelors of Commerce (BCom) in Accounting and Auditing from Indian University. The program is 3 years after Class 12. The education system in india is 10+2+3.

Yours expert advise is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.DMR

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
Sirs,

Any idea about Indian BCom degree equivalency to Quebec for Quebec Immigration would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
DMR

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
10 points for education, plus however many points from AOT list - if your degree is comparable to one listed therein.

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
Dear Sir (Lammawitch),

Thanks for your answer. I still have doubt if I can get 10 points for education, since I was looking at Tableaux Comparatifs des Diplomes issued by Quebec Ministry of Immigration and Cultural communities mentions the following in case of degree from India:

Bachelors of Arts, Commerce, Science etc (3 year University Program) is equivalent to Etudes universitaires de premier cycle (Programme de 2 annees de diplome/majeure) attracts 6 points for Principal applicant and 2 points for spouse/common law partner.

Your insight into the same would be appreciated.

Thanking you again for your kind attention and inputs.

Regards,
DMR

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dmrsoni said:
Dear Sir (Lammawitch),

Thanks for your answer. I still have doubt if I can get 10 points for education, since I was looking at Tableaux Comparatifs des Diplomes issued by Quebec Ministry of Immigration and Cultural communities mentions the following in case of degree from India:

Bachelors of Arts, Commerce, Science etc (3 year University Program) is equivalent to Etudes universitaires de premier cycle (Programme de 2 annees de diplome/majeure) attracts 6 points for Principal applicant and 2 points for spouse/common law partner.

Your insight into the same would be appreciated.

Thanking you again for your kind attention and inputs.

Regards,
DMR
Do you have a link to these "tableaux comparatifs"? If it's the ones I'm thinking of, they have been removed by Quebec because they are considered obsolete.

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thanks so much for your quick response. Please find the link as below:

http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/gpi-npi/npi_2010/npi2010-001.pdf

I also checked the educational system of Quebec in which they have schooling of 11 years and then 2 years of pre-university and then 3 to 4 years of bachelors degree. Often after completing 2 years of pre-university they are given advance standing of 1 year for bachelors degree program (source: Wikipedia). If this is the case, then I believe you were correct that Indian Bachelors degree should get 10 points.

And possibly the above publication is obsolete.

Thanks as always for your knowledgeable insights.
DMR

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dmrsoni said:
Dear Sir,

Thanks so much for your quick response. Please find the link as below:

http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/gpi-npi/npi_2010/npi2010-001.pdf

I also checked the educational system of Quebec in which they have schooling of 11 years and then 2 years of pre-university and then 3 to 4 years of bachelors degree. Often after completing 2 years of pre-university they are given advance standing of 1 year for bachelors degree program (source: Wikipedia). If this is the case, then I believe you were correct that Indian Bachelors degree should get 10 points.

And possibly the above publication is obsolete.

Thanks as always for your knowledgeable insights.
DMR
The above publication is indeed obsolete.

I wouldn't personally use Wikipedia to evaluate my degree ;).

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your your response.

Wondering, with Indian B.Com degree, should I comfortably assume to obtain 10 points for Education? If so, i can also score 12 points for Domaine de formation.
Thanks. DMR

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
Hi All,

Can anybody advise if Indian BCom degree in Accounts and Auditing be considered as equivalent to Quebec degree for Immigration purposes.

Thanks & Regards,
DMR

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
Dear Lammawitch,

I have been following these quebec immigration thread for sometime and see your word as a kind of Authority.

I kindly request you to advise me the points in my following case:

B.Com in Accounts and Auditing from Indian university (Gujarat Universtiy), takes 3 years to complete.

Would greatly appreciate if you can advise me points I can get for Education and under Area of Training.

Based on your word, i will decide whether to go ahead with my application or abandon any hope for applying. I tried a lot to find information online, but failed to get this definitive information to make decision based on the same.

Thanks for your attention and look forward to your expert advise, in advance.

Regards,
DMR