+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India to Canada

man4uni

Star Member
Aug 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone!!!

Thank you sooo much for viewing this topic.

I have few simple and process related questions for the people who applied for Canadian Immigration under Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category:

1. How much time does it take for Canadian Immigration from India ?
2. What all details / documents are required to start the process?
3. Is interview mandatory for every Application? If yes, how much time does the CHC (New Delhi) give you to prepare for interview?
4. Does every Primary Applicant has to write IELTS?
5. How much score is needed in IELTS to qualify?
6. When can an Applicant expect the Medicals?
7. When do we have to submit all the documents like, previous Employers letters, Current Employers letters, Pay slips etc, etc?
8. After submitting all the documents, like previous Employers letters, Current Employers letters, Pay slips, Copy of your and your family's passports, photos, Bank statements.. etc .. etc.. what is the next action ?
9. How much time does the CHC (New Delhi) takes after receiving the above documents?
10. Do we have any website / link which can let us know that the files being processed are the one which was files in <Month> <Year>?

I know this seems to be loads of questions, but I am sure these will answer for many many many people.

Appreciate your help!!!

Thanks in Advance!

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
man4uni said:
Hello Everyone!!!

Thank you sooo much for viewing this topic.

I have few simple and process related questions for the people who applied for Canadian Immigration under Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category:

1. How much time does it take for Canadian Immigration from India ?
Depends on a lot of factors, OLD FSW or NEW FSW. If old No one can say exactly.
Look on the CIC WEbsite:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp
2. What all details / documents are required to start the process?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess
Take the Test. Everywhere you choose the Radio Button/tick, get papers ready to prove it as well. Also wait till they send you a letter for the documents update. They will write everything they need from you in it.
Also download OP06e and EG7.PDF, and go through them.
3. Is interview mandatory for every Application? If yes, how much time does the CHC (New Delhi) give you to prepare for interview?
NO, only if any of your statements or documents raise any concern for doubt(s)
4. Does every Primary Applicant has to write IELTS?
Proof of At the time of submission of your application to a Visa Office, you will
Language need to:
Proficiency • submit language test results from a designated testing agency or

• establish your proficiency through a written explanation and
supporting documentation.

CIC strongly advises that you provide the results of a language
test if English or French is not your first language. Written
submissions are only recommended for applicants whose first
language is English or French.

5. How much score is needed in IELTS to qualify?
67 Points - Your other points that you are sure of = Scores you need to achieve in IELTS
6. When can an Applicant expect the Medicals?
After Documents updates have been scrutinized and checked and the IO is convinced that you are likely to be able to make it in Canada, but Background/Security checks may still be on going. (Not sure though)
7. When do we have to submit all the documents like, previous Employers letters, Current Employers letters, Pay slips etc, etc?
When you receive a letter for Docs Update
8. After submitting all the documents, like previous Employers letters, Current Employers letters, Pay slips, Copy of your and your family's passports, photos, Bank statements.. etc .. etc.. what is the next action ?
Documents are checked and verified for authenticity, other checks will also be done as stated above.
9. How much time does the CHC (New Delhi) takes after receiving the above documents?
No idea. Again this depends on factors like documents submitted, how quickly they can verify them etc etc.http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/02a-skilled-fed.asp
10. Do we have any website / link which can let us know that the files being processed are the one which was files in <Month> <Year>?

Try trackitt.com. You will at least get an idea.

I know this seems to be loads of questions, but I am sure these will answer for many many many people.

Appreciate your help!!!
GOOD LUCK. I KNOW IT IS FRUSTRATING BUT BE PATIENT. IN THE MEAN TIME DOWNLOAD THOSE PDF FILES AND READ THEM
Thanks in Advance!

sk.aggarwal

Star Member
Aug 26, 2009
US
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 30, 2009
Doc's Request.
October 26, 2009
Nomination.....
-
IELTS Request
October 26, 2009
File Transfer...
October 26, 2009
Med's Request
Feb 2, 2010
Med's Done....
March 1, 2010
Interview........
not done yet
Passport Req..
Feb 2, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 03, 2010
LANDED..........
Lets see
Take time to go through the FAQ on this forum. It answers most of your questions.

man4uni

Star Member
Aug 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank U Bobby and Mr. Agarwal... I have already started downloading the PDFs!!!

I know Patience is Good and fruitful but it should have any time-line or anything not like mirage :((...

My case was filed in March 2005 and they asked me to submit all the documents (Previous Employer Letters, Current Employer Letters, Passport Copies of my family, Photos, Birth Certificates etc..etc) except passports before 1st week of March 2009... which I have done in Feb 2009 itself and still waiting :|

Appreciate your help!

man4uni

Star Member
Aug 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone...

I know it doesn't look good when someone asks so many questions... but this is just to set expectations...

Can someone let me know how much time does it takes for CIC / CHC New Delhi after receiving the documents asked by them???

As Always... Appreciate all your help :)

deep117

Jun 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEAR,
its still on there decision ..some time they will issue Aor within month some time they will take more time....

man4uni

Star Member
Aug 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Deeps thanks for ur reply!

I was checking at trackitt.com where I have found that if you transfer ur file to London office it seems it will expedite the process.

I am already working in London on HSMP from last 1 year and my HSMP is valid until next year... Would you / anyone suggest me to transfer my file to London office.. (The only reason I haven't mentioned this yet was instead of expediting the process it should not delay it while transferring).

Please find my summary below and I would be really thankful to get the answers,

• I have applied in Mar 2005 from New Delhi and at present I am on HSMP in the UK which is valid until next year. I think this is the genuine reason to transfer my file to London.
  • Also I have submitted all my updated documents which was asked by New Delhi CHC in Feb 2009 and still waiting for any reply.

1. How much time will it take for the process of File Transfer?
2. In-spite of submitting all the documents to New Delhi CHC can I still ask them to transfer My file? If No
3. Do I have to submit all those documents again or New Delhi CHC will pass it on while transferring the file?
4. Is Interview Mandatory from London or it can be waived?

As Always, Appreciate your help!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since New Delhi asked for your documents already, I think you should let it roll. If you look at trackitt.com, looks like half of the people who were asked for documents in February are already approved. I don't know if you will gain anything from having your file transferred except to lose whatever work done by New Delhi. Interview can always be waived.

vamsi001

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
I agree with Leon.
Also, if CIC detects any fraud at any stage during the application process, they will call you for
an interview. There is no guarantee that you will not be called for an interview, it could be at any
stage, you cannot be sure ntil you have your visas and COPR in hand. Be prepared!!!

man4uni

Star Member
Aug 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your replies!

I am sure that there is nothing of fraud in my whole case but the only thing which is a kind of pain is the waiting time :((

@ Leon - I have tried searching in trackitt.com for the people who have been requested for their docs from Jun - Nov 2008 but still there are so many cases, pending from Jun itself and I was asked in November *sigh*... Let me know if I am missing anything here???

Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At the top you can select New Delhi as your visa office and there is a Go button you click and then it will show you only those files. Then you can click on the field names at the top to sort applications according to anything you want. If you click on documents requested and scroll down to february 2009, you will see 7 files, 3 are approved and 4 are pending. If you look at documents requested in january, you get 1 denied, 3 pending and 4 approved.

man4uni

Star Member
Aug 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Leon,

Thank you for that info... I got a letter on 23 Nov 2008 to submit my docs before 90 days which makes 23 Feb 2009 as 90 days. I have submitted it on 21st Feb 2009... So do I have to check Documents Requested as Nov 2008 / Feb 2009 :-s

Moreover out of 3 approved cases 2 belongs to the new category and Mine is in Old one... Checking for documents requested in Nov 2008 it seems all the cases were filed in 2004 and 2005 (old cases).

Waiting for your reply!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you are right, they are mixed, old and new system. Then if you sort by application received by visa office date, you will find on page 3 and 4 the people who applied in 2005 and almost all of them are still pending, however, you are one of the few who had documents requested already so at least your file seems to be moving at a good rate. Last time I checked, London was taking around 3 years to process under the old rules so I am worried for you that if you transfer at this point, you will end up at the back of the line again and will end up delaying your PR instead of speeding it up.

New Delhi has 30% of cases finalized in 60 months and you will reach that point in 6 months time.