Waived
Passport Req..
Not Yet, Inshallah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Everyone,
Can anyone please help me with the below questions; I am planning to apply the Indian PP surrender + Entry visa application together since I need to travel soon. I became a Canadian citizenship recently and hold the Canada Passport.

On the online Entry visa form; there is a question
1. Any other valid Passport/Identity Certificate(IC) held: (yes or No)

Since my India PP is still valid, Not sure if I need to select a yes or No.

Anyone who did submit similar application .. Surrender + Entry visa, please advice.

Thanks

rubz9911

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
If you need to travel to india within 3 months of receiving a canadian citizenship, do you really have to surrender your passport?
i saw somewhere on bas website that you Can travel up to 3 months on Indian passport after receiving foreign citizenship.
Can anyone share some light on this?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
If you need to travel to india within 3 months of receiving a canadian citizenship, do you really have to surrender your passport?
i saw somewhere on bas website that you Can travel up to 3 months on Indian passport after receiving foreign citizenship.
I think that this is a new site hence not able to see that text. I could find in vancouver consulate website. CHeck with them. Its better to avoid traveling using indian passport after getting new citizenship.
https://cgivancouver.gov.in/pdf/FAQs-on-Surrender-and-renunciation-1.pdf

Reactions: rubz9911

rubz9911

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Did a little bit of research on this. You could use your Indian passport fir Travells up to 3 months after getting foreign citizenship but there’s only condition is that you don’t have any other passsport other than Indian passport at the time of Travells.

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Did a little bit of research on this. You could use your Indian passport fir Travells up to 3 months after getting foreign citizenship but there’s only condition is that you don’t have any other passsport other than Indian passport at the time of Travells.
How do you come back to Canada without the passport or PR card. They ask you to cut ur PR card during the oath ceremony

rubz9911

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
How do you come back to Canada without the passport or PR card. They ask you to cut ur PR card during the oath ceremony
You basically can’t be back on Canadian passport or pr card, you can apply for Canadian passport in the county you’re traveling to.
but if you make it to the USA on your foreign passport, there’s a chance you can drive to Canada using your Canadian citizenship certificate, although I’m not 100% sure on this but someone can please confirm this?
I think you can tag raj here he has quite a bit of knowledge regarding this.

crazycitizen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Hello,
Need some help/inputs please.
After receiving canadian PPs, if I decide to apply for 'Indian PP surrender' in person to BLS, can I go alone & submit on behalf of my family/kids or do I need to take them with me?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
Can anyone please help me with the below questions; I am planning to apply the Indian PP surrender + Entry visa application together since I need to travel soon. I became a Canadian citizenship recently and hold the Canada Passport.

On the online Entry visa form; there is a question
1. Any other valid Passport/Identity Certificate(IC) held: (yes or No)

Since my India PP is still valid, Not sure if I need to select a yes or No.

Anyone who did submit similar application .. Surrender + Entry visa, please advice.

Thanks
What answer you opted?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
You may be able to use your COPR and show them chopped pieces of your PR card.
Are you serious? You cant use any torn travel document - irrelevant of which govt issued it. You cant board any carrier.
Citizen should use only passport to board any commercial carrier. One can only avoid Canadian passport if travel via land to use citizenship certificate and current passport for photo & name verification.
Citizen cannot use COPR to prove he/she is citizen.

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Okay - I took a moment to laugh on torn PR comment. My apologies.

If you surrender your Indian passport, BLS will give you a receipt.
You can apply Indian sticker visa with that receipt.

You can go to BLS very next day.

NO NEED TO WAIT FOR SURRENDER CERTIFICATE.

You will get visa in 7 days. Super easy.

RedDevil21

Aug 10, 2017
Okay - I took a moment to laugh on torn PR comment. My apologies.

If you surrender your Indian passport, BLS will give you a receipt.
You can apply Indian sticker visa with that receipt.

You can go to BLS very next day.

NO NEED TO WAIT FOR SURRENDER CERTIFICATE.

You will get visa in 7 days. Super easy.
Thanks for your reply. A quick clarification please:

After getting the Citizenship certificate and Canadian Passport, we can apply for the Surrender certificate.
However, if we have a travel plan after 3 months of receiving the Canadian Passport, can we apply for an Indian visit visa after applying for the Surrender Certificate and handing over original Indian Passport

i6evx5e8

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Thanks for your reply. A quick clarification please:

After getting the Citizenship certificate and Canadian Passport, we can apply for the Surrender certificate.
However, if we have a travel plan after 3 months of receiving the Canadian Passport, can we apply for an Indian visit visa after applying for the Surrender Certificate and handing over original Indian Passport
Yes

Reactions: RedDevil21

MBA-India

Mar 4, 2014
Hi folks, Quick question - I am applying for my Surrender certificate shortly. But I will likely be out of the country when it arrives. I am going to choose the Purolator/Courier return option - can my friend get it from Purolator? I know they typically need a signature. But does it have be me in person? Or can it be anyone?
Also has anyone here applied for a tourist visa? What are processing times like now? I hear Entry visa is way quicker.