+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from USA

albak

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Hi - My husband received his PCC from the Indian consulate in Atlanta in September. We were trying to get all our documents together before we submitted our profile because we were certain we would get ITA on the next draw based on previous trends. We submitted our profile and received ITA in December.

However, we also had to travel to India unexpectedly in December. Now my question is

1. Do we need to get a new PCC since we returned to India after the PCC was issued
2. If we don't how long is the original PCC valid for - Is it 180 days?

Nian427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
Hi - My husband received his PCC from the Indian consulate in Atlanta in September. We were trying to get all our documents together before we submitted our profile because we were certain we would get ITA on the next draw based on previous trends. We submitted our profile and received ITA in December.

However, we also had to travel to India unexpectedly in December. Now my question is

1. Do we need to get a new PCC since we returned to India after the PCC was issued
1. You need to apply for a new IndiAn PCC, assuming your country of residence in not India
2. The PCC of any country that is not your country of residence is valid if you have not traveled to that country after the dates on your PCC. If you traveled to india in 2013 and never been there after that and your pcc is of 2014... It's still valid. But if you visited the country in 2015, then the 2014 pcc looses it's validity. You need a fresh one.
Hope that clears your confusion.

clguy

Apr 7, 2017

I believe most countries list the validity of their PCCs. That being said if the PCC is from your home country I believe it is good for six months minimum. Some countries have them being valid for a year. The only way the PCC would be void is say for eg. you lived in USA for years then left. You got your PCC then visited the USA again before you submitted your application to CIC. In that case you need to get a new PCC from the USA. You would not need a new PCC if you visited your home country.

craig123

Jul 7, 2017

You have to re-apply for PCC from India. Fortunately you can get it in a day. Unfortunate situation is you have to re-apply for FBI (US) PCC as well since you are now in India. With the 4 month current timeline FBI takes and you plan to go back to US before that then you need to get Indian PCC again after you get back to US.

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi, I have question regarding India PCC. I moved to USA on 2008 and after that I have not stayed in India for continuous 6 months but I use to stay for a month vacation, so my question is while applying for India PCC do I need to provide PCC before 2008 ? or from my recent visit date i.e. Dec 2016 to 2004 ( i.e 2004 I turned 18 years ). Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!