+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

ainp24

Star Member
Apr 17, 2016
I don't think there is any standard timeline. It has been 2 weeks, 4 days since my police verification and no update. There have been people here who posted that their PCC was printed teh very next day after police verification.

The consulate and BLS are both like black holes, where no laws apply!
So true, there is no specific timeline at all. I’ve been waiting since almost 2 weeks 3 days since my dad went to the police “thana”. Verification has been successfully completed and I verified it with the cop at the police station. There’s no updates yet on CGI/BLS. It still says a police verification has been sent on passport portal and it shows processing at consulate general on BLS tracking. Very frustrating.

MansiAP56

Mar 11, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
I don't think there is any standard timeline. It has been 2 weeks, 4 days since my police verification and no update. There have been people here who posted that their PCC was printed teh very next day after police verification.

The consulate and BLS are both like black holes, where no laws apply!
I agree, just today sent email from their CGI website. Explaing that my police verification is done at India could you please tell me when will I have status changed. All they replied to me was my application is under process and PCC takes 6 to 8 weeks.
Even we can see that on website but other than that I just hoped they could atleast provide some timeline when we get in touch with them.

MansiAP56

Mar 11, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
So true, there is no specific timeline at all. I’ve been waiting since almost 2 weeks 3 days since my dad went to the police “thana”. Verification has been successfully completed and I verified it with the cop at the police station. There’s no updates yet on CGI/BLS. It still says a police verification has been sent on passport portal and it shows processing at consulate general on BLS tracking. Very frustrating.
Agree, I even have a picture proof from my police station showing that it is done at 23rd March but till now no update from Consulate. My poor Father in law has been atleast 3 times back and forth at police station just to confirm that those guys have sent it the update or not. Just weird Toronto BLS/Consulate is taking so long where as Indian police is fast in their work.

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
I agree, just today sent email from their CGI website. Explaing that my police verification is done at India could you please tell me when will I have status changed. All they replied to me was my application is under process and PCC takes 6 to 8 weeks.
Even we can see that on website but other than that I just hoped they could atleast provide some timeline when we get in touch with them.
What is the email ID you're using to contact the CGI Toronto?

Tenthbear

Apr 8, 2021
Hey guys, so my application got returned because they said they revised their fees on April 1st. Even though I sent it out on 30th March. They opened it on the 6th. I checked their website and its written 41.40. Is it correct? Because I know it used to be 44.40.

Reactions: dsthapak

pari45

Nov 28, 2018
Hi,
I submitted my PCC application for Toronto jurisdiction on 11 March 2021. I am wondering that my file is still under process at indian embassy and no request has been sent yet to my back home.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Finally saw an update on the status today on Passport seva that my Police Clearance Certificate is printed :)

My timeline:

Feb 19 - Application picked up by Purolator
Feb 22 - Failed delivery by Purolator because BLS was not available to receive it; Called purolator to arrange for redelivery
Feb 23 - Application delivered by Purolator
March 3 - Received email from Purolator that application is pending as I did not put in my Father's name (mot sure why the application is deemed incomplete as the notes on the application clearly says one need only fill wither mother, father or guardian's name). Redid application and uploaded to BLS.
March 4 - Called BLS; told me to email "brampton.p@blsinternational.net that document is uploaded, and application would progress to "sent to consulate for processing" within 48 hours. Sent email, received response saying "it is no reply email"
March 8 - Initiated escalation step 2 (waited for the promised resolution within 48 hours; never received a response.)
March 10 - Initiated escalation step 3 (waited for the promised resolution within 48 hours; never received a response. Followed up after 48 hours; again no response.)
March 11 - Called BLS; was told to send document to CCCANADA@blsinternational.net; and was promised that my tracking would show application is forwarded to consulate in 24 hours and my application would be expedietd because of the numerous mistakes made by BLS so far; BLS failed to meet this promise, as nothing happened in the following 24 hours.
March 15 - Got an email from BLS that my application has been accepted. Tracking shows "under process."
March 16 - Tracking says "Under Process In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General" (yes, there are spelling/ punctuation mistakes in BLS's tracking.)
March 16 - Tracking says "Processing at Consulate General"
March 18 - Tracking says "Police verification has been initiated...."
March 19 - Police contacted my mother and requested copies of several documents and passport photo
March 22 - Mother submitted all documents to police and police confirmed police verification report was sent.
March 31 - Mother went back to the police station and reconfirmed that the police report was sent.
April 5 - Called BLS to check whether there was any issue in receipt of police verification report.. Received response that they have no way of knowing whether Consulate has received the police verification report and that it takes 1-2 weeks after police verification report is sent for PCC to be printed. I pointed out that it has been more than 2 weeks in my case and they suggested I call the consulate. When I pointed out that no one picks up the call and voicemail is not enabled, they suggested I email them. So I emailed CGI, and received an irrelevant response that "it takes 6 -8 weeks to process PCC application" and link to their website. I responded to email asking for a response to my question whether they received the police verification report, because if they haven't I would need to address the issue in India.
April 8 - Since I didn't hear back from CGI, I emailed again asking for a response, this time including all the emails on the website.
April 8 - Received the same generic response but an additional line saying "there is no action required from your end." I asked if this meant they received the police verification report as that was my question.
April 9 - Tracking says "Police Clearance Certificate has been printed."

Jul 28, 2020
Finally saw an update on the status today on Passport seva that my Police Clearance Certificate is printed :)

My timeline:

Feb 19 - Application picked up by Purolator
Feb 22 - Failed delivery by Purolator because BLS was not available to receive it; Called purolator to arrange for redelivery
Feb 23 - Application delivered by Purolator
March 3 - Received email from Purolator that application is pending as I did not put in my Father's name (mot sure why the application is deemed incomplete as the notes on the application clearly says one need only fill wither mother, father or guardian's name). Redid application and uploaded to BLS.
March 4 - Called BLS; told me to email "brampton.p@blsinternational.net that document is uploaded, and application would progress to "sent to consulate for processing" within 48 hours. Sent email, received response saying "it is no reply email"
March 8 - Initiated escalation step 2 (waited for the promised resolution within 48 hours; never received a response.)
March 10 - Initiated escalation step 3 (waited for the promised resolution within 48 hours; never received a response. Followed up after 48 hours; again no response.)
March 11 - Called BLS; was told to send document to CCCANADA@blsinternational.net; and was promised that my tracking would show application is forwarded to consulate in 24 hours and my application would be expedietd because of the numerous mistakes made by BLS so far; BLS failed to meet this promise, as nothing happened in the following 24 hours.
March 15 - Got an email from BLS that my application has been accepted. Tracking shows "under process."
March 16 - Tracking says "Under Process In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General" (yes, there are spelling/ punctuation mistakes in BLS's tracking.)
March 16 - Tracking says "Processing at Consulate General"
March 18 - Tracking says "Police verification has been initiated...."
March 19 - Police contacted my mother and requested copies of several documents and passport photo
March 22 - Mother submitted all documents to police and police confirmed police verification report was sent.
March 31 - Mother went back to the police station and reconfirmed that the police report was sent.
April 5 - Called BLS to check whether there was any issue in receipt of police verification report.. Received response that they have no way of knowing whether Consulate has received the police verification report and that it takes 1-2 weeks after police verification report is sent for PCC to be printed. I pointed out that it has been more than 2 weeks in my case and they suggested I call the consulate. When I pointed out that no one picks up the call and voicemail is not enabled, they suggested I email them. So I emailed CGI, and received an irrelevant response that "it takes 6 -8 weeks to process PCC application" and link to their website. I responded to email asking for a response to my question whether they received the police verification report, because if they haven't I would need to address the issue in India.
April 8 - Since I didn't hear back from CGI, I emailed again asking for a response, this time including all the emails on the website.
April 8 - Received the same generic response but an additional line saying "there is no action required from your end." I asked if this meant they received the police verification report as that was my question.
April 9 - Tracking says "Police Clearance Certificate has been printed."
You should talk to Steven Spielberg for converting this to a movie.

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
passport.toronto@mea.gov.in
This is the one I sent email on.

pcc.toronto@mea.gov.in
Try this one, I used to get instant replies for my queries couple of months ago on this email ID during the working days. I would suggest to send Email somewhere around 11:30am-12:30pm EDT or after 2:00pm. I believe they will reply instantly and accurately answers all the questions. Hope that will help you.