+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
September 2020
Yes you are good to go. I’m not lawyer but you have to attach both your old and new passport in the application. You can mention a letter of explanation too . Pcc is valid for 6 months. You can request for new one if you want but I think you don’t need. Maybe someone else can comment too . If you attach old passport and mew passport that would cover your pcc issue.

Reactions: Rockytheten

Rockytheten

Jun 13, 2017
Yes you are good to go. I’m not lawyer but you have to attach both your old and new passport in the application. You can mention a letter of explanation too . Pcc is valid for 6 months. You can request for new one if you want but I think you don’t need. Maybe someone else can comment too . If you attach old passport and mew passport that would cover your pcc issue.

Thanks, since I still have to do my medicals, lets see if I get an differentiating opinion

Whats the format of a LOE?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks, since I still have to do my medicals, lets see if I get an differentiating opinion

Whats the format of a LOE?
There is no format for letter of explanation. It’s just normal letter you can type in word and sign and upload it . Just mention your situation in letter. Also why don’t you apply for new pcc ?

talktoudaykumar

Sep 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2021
Nomination.....
ITA 14-02-2021
AOR Received.
11-03-2021
Med's Done....
25-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2021
Hi

I'm about to start my PCC. Wanted to get few details on my scenario

1) I have Address A in my passport and Address B in my Aadhar Card. Which address I need to provide for verification as no one lives at Address B and My parents live at Address A. I do have a driving license/voter Id from Address A.
2) My spouse Has Address B in the passport and her Aadhar too has Address B. Which address I need to provide for Verification as no one lives in Address B. She too has Voter Id from Address A though.
3) Do we need to submit the Address proof for Canada address? My spouse doesn't have Canada DL or Photo Id. What are the other options for address proof for my spouse?
4) Do we need to pay the payment online or Do we need to take a DD and attach it.
5) I live in Mississauga. Do we need to submit the application to the Toronto office or Brampton office? Toronto office timeline says it's 7-8 weeks. Is it really taking 8 weeks or the time is maxed time?
5) I guess we need to submit 2 applications (1 for self and another one for spouse). Correct me If i'm wrong.

It will be so helpful if someone can help me with the above doubts. Thanks In advance and Wishes for the ones who got the PCC.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021
I had submitted my PCC application for express entry from Canada (Calgary) on 29th Dec and received email from passportindia that "Police verification initiated". Just want to know if my address local police will be doing the visit for verification or what?

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
I had submitted my PCC application for express entry from Canada (Calgary) on 29th Dec and received email from passportindia that "Police verification initiated". Just want to know if my address local police will be doing the visit for verification or what?
Sometimes they visit and then call but mostly they just call your parents/guardian to Police station with documents.

Jan 10, 2021
Sometimes they visit and then call but mostly they just call your parents/guardian to Police station with documents.
Actually mistakenly I gave my India number (which isnt functional right now) and i got police verification initiation email on 12/31, also i heard from my friends, police didnt visit in their cases. Right now the status on portal4 just show as "Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate".

Does it mean its in-progress or its rejected as contact number want functional?

creativerbl

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Did anyone else sign the docs and application in blue ink? I feel so stupid since I noticed it on BLS website after finishing up both applications, when I was looking at it one last time for errors.

Also, did you submit the personal particulars form? I guess it is only required for foreign passport holders and anyone with an Indian passport only needs to fill up online application form and checklist, but just wanted to double check.

Last edited:

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Did anyone else sign the docs and application in blue ink? I feel so stupid since I notices it on BLS website after finishing up both applications, when I was looking at it one last time for errors.

Also, did you submit the personal particulars form? I guess it is only required for foreign passport holders and anyone with an Indian passport only needs to fill up online application form and checklist, but just wanted to double check.
That silly mistake was done by me too but they considered my application as well without sign on documents. Also I didn't include the checklist which is mentioned on the website. So no need to worry much about those thing I can say from my experience.

Personal particular form is for foreign passport holders I guess.

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Hi folks, I applied PCC under walk-in category. The current status on BLS website is "ready for dispatch". Will they send it to me through postal service? OR should I book an appointment, walk-in there and collect it by myself. Thanks for help!

Booya

Dec 15, 2020
Hi folks, I applied PCC under walk-in category. The current status on BLS website is "ready for dispatch". Will they send it to me through postal service? OR should I book an appointment, walk-in there and collect it by myself. Thanks for help!
When did you apply?
I thought BLS offices are closed. So wondering if they are taking 'Walk-in' applications now?