+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

pzzz23

Jun 15, 2020
Hello Everyone,

My police verification was completed (police visited my home) on August 10, 2020. However, PSK website tracking is still showing “PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra”.

How long should it take?
Hi - Did you also receive an email for Police Verification Initiation? My status from 15aug shows but hasn't received any further email or verification.
PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra.

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Hi - Did you also receive an email for Police Verification Initiation? My status from 15aug shows but hasn't received any further email or verification.
PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra.
Yes i did receive the email for Police Verification Initiation. I believe the status will change to “PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra” first and then at some point you will receive the email. You will receive it shortly no problem.

yjcanada

Aug 20, 2020
Hi All - I did not get a police verification initiated mail from PSK, but I when I checked with Passport Website, it is showing "Application received on 13th August 2020 and status is still showing "PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra". Today, I have checked with concern police station, they said that they did not receive the request yet. Consulate received the application 10th August. Please tell me what is the next step?

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Hi All - I did not get a police verification initiated mail from PSK, but I when I checked with Passport Website, it is showing "Application received on 13th August 2020 and status is still showing "PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra". Today, I have checked with concern police station, they said that they did not receive the request yet. Consulate received the application 10th August. Please tell me what is the next step?
It may take 4-5 days for the initiation email from the date showing on PSK website. If you have given a indian mobile no. then a text message could also be received.

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
Yes you need pcc for every country if you stayed there for more than 6 months. RCMP certificate is cheap and easy to obtain. It usually takes around 2-3 weeks to get.
Can you reconfirm this since I don't see such requirement that you need to submit PCC or RCMP certificate when you're staying and applying for PR from Canada under CEC category? Are you seeing any option that shows you have to upload PCC from Canadian Police/RCMP?

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
RCMP certificate should only be submitted when asked. One of my friends got her COPR and she was never asked for RCMP but in some other threads after MEP and BIL, some people were asked to submit RCMP. It's not mandatory at the time of e-APR.

yjcanada

Aug 20, 2020
It may take 4-5 days for the initiation email from the date showing on PSK website. If you have given a indian mobile no. then a text message could also be received.
Thank you. I did not get any message so far. It is showing same status since August 13.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi All,

I have situation. I have applied for pcc and police verification was done in July 25. I didn't get any status update. It is in pcc needs to be collected from RPO. But when I checked with RPO, they told the police put the adverse because we are in Canada and not residing currently in the address specified in the passport. Now it is almost a month since police verification was done but no updates from consulate about the application. Has anyone faced similar situation because application mentioned as adverse for living out of country.
I don't have any address in India. PCC asks for a permanent address in India. I have none. I have always lived on rental properties. I am out of India for so many years that no one I know lives anywhere near the addresses that I have lived. The entire point of doing police verification of address in India is stupid because we do not live in India. We don't have any residential address in India.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Anyone knows how can a person with no permanent address in India get the PCC? I have no address for which I can give address proof in India.

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
I don't have any address in India. PCC asks for a permanent address in India. I have none. I have always lived on rental properties. I am out of India for so many years that no one I know lives anywhere near the addresses that I have lived. The entire point of doing police verification of address in India is stupid because we do not live in India. We don't have any residential address in India.
Anyone knows how can a person with no permanent address in India get the PCC? I have no address for which I can give address proof in India.
First of all police verification is not stupid and its not about verifying only your address in India, with increasing immigration fraud cases and ghost profiles been granted PR without their existence in the past has made IRCC more vigilant. It is to safeguard common people like us and our families and prevent criminals from entering Canada. Important point is PCC is a common process for all the PR applicants irrespective of their nationality and is a mandatory requirement for all PR streams in Canada.

Secondly, I am not sure your current country of residence but assuming that you hold an Indian passport, you can contact the nearest consulate general of India office of your current country explaining your situation. If you don't hold an Indian passport and were born and educated in India, there is a provision for you to apply for PCC as a foreign national of Indian origin. If this option is also ruled out then contact Ministry of External Affairs in India. All you have to do is research a bit for the appropriate options available to apply for PCC.

If you are in Canada, refer to the second orange tab in the following link:

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/police-clearance/

We should be thankful that in these difficult times, Indian Government Administration is operating even if their pace is slow, the work is done.

Hopeless girl

Jan 24, 2017
First of all police verification is not stupid and its not about verifying only your address in India, with increasing immigration fraud cases and ghost profiles been granted PR without their existence in the past has made IRCC more vigilant. It is to safeguard common people like us and our families and prevent criminals from entering Canada. Important point is PCC is a common process for all the PR applicants irrespective of their nationality and is a mandatory requirement for all PR streams in Canada.

Secondly, I am not sure your current country of residence but assuming that you hold an Indian passport, you can contact the nearest consulate general of India office of your current country explaining your situation. If you don't hold an Indian passport and were born and educated in India, there is a provision for you to apply for PCC as a foreign national of Indian origin. If this option is also ruled out then contact Ministry of External Affairs in India. All you have to do is research a bit for the appropriate options available to apply for PCC.

If you are in Canada, refer to the second orange tab in the following link:

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/police-clearance/

We should be thankful that in these difficult times, Indian Government Administration is operating even if their pace is slow, the work is done.
Yes, we do respect the Indian consulate working in these tough times but atleast they should speed up the process a bit. If they have mentioned 6-8 weeks, they should be completing the process in the given time frame. I understand it also depends on regional police too but if they are quick in sending all the necessary documents right on time then the consulate should be able to process those cases easily. Even if its taking time, atleast they should have the courtesy to reply to the emails. Other than that, I respect everyone working during Covid times.

Reactions: Miss bee

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
First of all police verification is not stupid and its not about verifying only your address in India
I find the address verification part stupid. How do you always expect anyone have a permanent address in India if they have been overseas?
This is actually a recent change. Till May it was not there and it was added just few months back. Purpose of PCC is to identify people with foreign criminal record but in India it is mostly an address verification exercise.

assuming that you hold an Indian passport, you can contact the nearest consulate general of India office of your current country explaining your situation.
I did. I did contact CGI and they said they cann't do anything. They need an Indian Address and I was asked to seek help from my "contacts".

Here is verbatim the response I got from CGI :
Dear Sir,

Please note in PCC application it is mandatory to fill up Indian Address as it is automatic online process we will not be able to help in this case. If you have any contact with anyone you may take their help.

XXXXX XXXXX
PCC/SURRENDER DEPT
Problem is, I have never lived at residential address of my "contacts". I am not living at any addresses that I lived in my past.

Wish we still had Sushma Swaraj in ministry. She used to listen to problems of common people. The new foreign minister Jayshankar is a career bureaucrat -- Good for nothing for us. Never seen him responding to queries of common people.

I am pretty sure I won't be the only person to face this issue. Why is it mandatory to have a Permanent Indian address for India to verify that I don't have criminal record?

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Hello Everyone,

My police verification was completed (police visited my home) on August 10, 2020. However, PSK website tracking is still showing “PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra”.

How long should it take?
Can someone please answer this?

AMANK1987

Aug 23, 2020
Hi all,
I have a question regarding PCC. My family in India have moved to a new address whereas the address on my passport/adhar card/ all documents is still the old Indian address. Can i proceed with my PCC here in Toronto or would I have to update my documents first?
Would someone be actually checking my address in India? Thanks.