+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

JagRam

Star Member
May 31, 2020
Guys its early frustrating to get a simple piece of document, even after 2 months process is not moving ahead -

Application sent to BLS Brampton - 16-June
Received at BLS - 17-June
Sent to Consulate - 10-July
Processing at Consulate - 13-July
Submitted to Passport Seva Kendra - 18-July
Poilce verification initiated -23 July

my brother has been continuously following up with local police station from 23rd July and they confirm every time its done from their side. Yet the status is still showing 'PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra.' on the portal.

Its really frustrating, I have to submit my ITA application by 10th September and have lost all hope of getting the PCC.

Does anyone have any idea what can be done is this scenario to get the Police verification completed. Would really appreciate any guidance here.
In which location is your PCC pending?

vijayb104

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi,

Me and my husband got married in Canada, but there is no official registration in India for our marriage. So how can we go about completing our PCC from India? Do we have to send PCC to our own separate addresses? and how about Married or single question? what should I write because in India we do not have any official document for our marriage?
Please assist, I am totally lost.

Would really appreciate any type of help.
Thank you
You dont need to give any Marriage certificate or proof of marriage for PCC. You both can give two separate addresses, but just make sure the address you give someone is available to followup with local police authorities.

Though, we have a marriage certificate I have gave different addresses for me and my wife.

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Urgent Help Required!

Hi All,

Those who underwent document verification by Police at home, could you please confirm if copy of all the stamped pages of passport are required to be verified by the police or only first and last page? Also, does it matter if the address of my spouse on Aadhaar card is different? My spouse's last passport is in the same address as the aadhar card. Should I also give a copy of that? Thank you for your help.

Raj_Jain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
All
Urgent Help Required!

Hi All,

Those who underwent document verification by Police at home, could you please confirm if copy of all the stamped pages of passport are required to be verified by the police or only first and last page? Also, does it matter if the address of my spouse on Aadhaar card is different? My spouse's last passport is in the same address as the aadhar card. Should I also give a copy of that? Thank you for your help.
Each and every page. It does not matter what address is there in any of the IDs. You may just want to ensure that whatever address you have provided in your application form, it is verifiable, i.e. someone in your family and/or your wife's family is available. For PCC, you need only the current and valid passport.

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
All

Each and every page. It does not matter what address is there in any of the IDs. You may just want to ensure that whatever address you have provided in your application form, it is verifiable, i.e. someone in your family and/or your wife's family is available. For PCC, you need only the current and valid passport.
Thank you for your response. The policeman with our files contacted my dad today and has asked for copies of passport, aadhar card and pan card from my dad. I couldn't find any written proof on pcc guidelines or process that they require these documents for verification but since the policeman is asking, we have to provide a copy.

Last edited:

MrGreen

Jul 11, 2020
Waterloo, ON
Whew! I finally got my PCC today. I applied for it on 18th July so exactly one month. The stamps are in black ink and only the signature is green. Is that ok?

Sameer.Raje

Jun 19, 2020
My timeline Till now. ( Already Declined ITA 3 times ,,due to these delays..Hope to accept it when CEC Opens soon)

22-JunPCC aplication sent to BLS Brampton
24-JunPCC application reached BLS Brampton ( as per purolator)
24-JulApplication under process BLS ( as per BLS Tracking)
25-JulApplication in transit to CGI ( as per BLS tracking)
27-JulProcessing at Consulate General ( as per BLS tracking)
28-JulPCC application is under review at PSK ( as per Passport Seva tracking)
28-JulPCC initiated ( Email from Passport Admin)
6-AugVerification Done by Local Police
17-AugPCC needs to be collected from the Regional Passport Office (as per Passport Seva tracking)
?PCC granted (Pending) ?
?PCC Printed (Pending ) ?

I would say , give yourself 2-3 months with all the delays in hand to get your PCC. i havent received it yet , but will update once i receive it. PCC work from India was pretty efficient. The officer did not come to my Place , but requested Documents to be submitted to Police Station. Within a week , SP office updated and submitted to RPO.
The only follow up i did was calling the SP office and Police station just once about the PCC and they responded well. I am a resident of Mumbai . Hope we all get PCC soon .

Cheers guys!! This forum really helps you plan things and take the timeline into consideration ..Keep Sharing and Helping Guys!!!

Reactions: Gaurav.Projekt

canpr2020

Star Member
Aug 5, 2020
For benefit of others, please see below timelines (Total 27 Days) for my India PCC :

23-07-2020 : Submitted at BLS Brampton - Walk-in application
24-07-2020 : Status : BLS Tracking : Processing at Consulate General
29-07-2020 : Status : Passport Seva tracking : Application Received on Date
03-08-2020 : Status : Passport Seva tracking : PCC needs to be collected from the Regional Passport Office
13-08-2020 : Status : Passport Seva tracking : PCC application has been granted on 13/08/2020. PCC will be dispatched to the current address of the applicant. The applicant would receive an sms once the PCC is ready for dispatch.
14-08-2020 : Status : Passport Seva tracking : Police Clearance Certificate has been printed successfully on 14/08/2020 and will be dispatched to your current address.
17-08-2020 : Status : BLS Tracking : In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Center
18-08-2020 : Status : BLS Tracking : Ready for Dispatch
18-08-2020 : Collected from BLS Brampton

Passport Seva tracking : https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew (application no should start with cat.....)
BLS Tracking : https://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php

canadapr007

Aug 18, 2020
Hey folks, this forum is really helpful. Below is my timeline.

Mine RPO was Ahmedabad.

Submission at BLS Walkin after verification of documentsJuly 27th
CAT** appearance on PSK websiteJuly 29th
BLS status - Application under process BLS ( as per BLS Tracking)July 29th
PSK Status - Application in transit to CGI ( as per BLS tracking)July 29th
PCC Initiation EmailAugust 1st
Processing at Consulate General (as per BLS tracking)August1st
PSK Status - PCC application is under review at PSKAugust 3rd
Police VerificationAugust 10th
PSK Status - PCC needs to be collected from the Regional Passport OfficeAugust 12th
PCC grantedAugust 14th
PCC dispatchedAugust 14th
PCC Received in TorontoAugust 18th

Last edited:

Bpurple

Aug 18, 2020
Hi All,

I have situation. I have applied for pcc and police verification was done in July 25. I didn't get any status update. It is in pcc needs to be collected from RPO. But when I checked with RPO, they told the police put the adverse because we are in Canada and not residing currently in the address specified in the passport. Now it is almost a month since police verification was done but no updates from consulate about the application. Has anyone faced similar situation because application mentioned as adverse for living out of country.

Toorboyz

Jul 6, 2020
My police verification is done like 15 days ago but there is not any update on passport seva kendra website it's still showing your application is under review. Should I need to call to someone??
any suggestions please?

Bpurple

Aug 18, 2020
Hi All,

I have situation. I have applied for pcc and police verification was done in July 25. I didn't get any status update. It is in pcc needs to be collected from RPO. But when I checked with RPO, they told the police put the adverse because we are in Canada and not residing currently in the address specified in the passport. Now it is almost a month since police verification was done but no updates from consulate about the application. Has anyone faced similar situation because application mentioned as adverse for living out of country.
Hi Folks,
Did any one face same issue , adverse report from Police Station since residing in foregin country

Raj_Jain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Day 01 (JULY 06): Postal application received at BLS Brampton (showed 'no record' till July 30)
Day 24 (JULY 30): In transit from BLS Brampton to Consulate Office
Day 24 (JULY 30): Processing at CGI
Day 31 (AUG 06): PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra.
Day 35 (AUG 10): PCC needs to be collected from the Regional Passport Office
Day 40 (AUG 14): PCC has been printed successfully on 15/08/2020 and will be dispatched to your current address.
Day 43 (AUG 17): In transit from the Consulate Office to BLS Brampton
Day 44 (AUG 18): Ready for Dispatch
Day 44 (AUG 18): Dispatched via courier (+ Airway Bill Number)
Day 45 (AUG 19): PCC Received at home via Purolator

6.5 weeks. Wow!
I also applied for a certificate from RCMP in advance. It took two days to come home.

dkincanada

Jul 8, 2020
Hello Everyone,

My police verification was completed (police visited my home) on August 10, 2020. However, PSK website tracking is still showing “PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra”.

How long should it take?