PV Initiated (Patna) on June 9
PV Completed on June 16
Status changed to PCC needs to be collected from RPO on June 19
PCC granted on June 27
PCC printed on June 29
In-transit Status July 6
Dispatched thru Purolator on July 7
Received pcc on July 8

for myself, status shows pcc granted on July 7. I know the 1 week delay happened as my address in India is a non metro city. Hopefully I will get myself by july 20.
Thanks for the details.
Please let me know if you have to do anything once PV is initiated? Do we need to send someone for collection? Any manual intervention at any stage?

ychalodiya

Oct 27, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Could you please help me on these query as I am sailing on the same boat?

***Police verification is done on 3rd July
How the police verification happened, if you are in Canada?

***PCC needs to be collected from the Regional Passport Office - 7 July
Do we have to collect PCC personally?

I have received below email:

"This is to inform you that Police Verification Request has been sent to the Police department (refer the following table for details) for your PCC Application submitted with File Number CAVXXXXXXXXXX.

Address TypeAddressPeriod of StayDistrict Police HeadquarterPolice Station(Thana)
Permanent AddressKANHARTOLI, NEAR BENGALI KALI MANDIR, GONDIA, GONDIA-441614, MAHARASHTRA. POLICE STATION: GONDIA CITYSP Office, District GondiaGONDIA CITY

You are requested to get in touch with the respective Police Office if verification is not done in three weeks"
How the police verification happened if you are in Canada?
Answer: They will contact you on your Indian number which you mentioned in your application.

Answer: No, you don't need to collect from RPO. you still need to keep checking the status. It will change it to 'Granted PCC' then after 'Printed PCC". After reaching this status CGI Toronto will send your PCC to BLS center within 1 week.

Ask your family member to visit the Police station if you want to speed up the process or else they will contact you at their earliest time.

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Thanks for the details.
Please let me know if you have to do anything once PV is initiated? Do we need to send someone for collection? Any manual intervention at any stage?
no, ideally you do not have to do anything. Police personnel will either call to the number you provided in the form or thy will come to your address. What you need to do is to provide all you documentation especially passport copy, aadhar card and some address proof to you family members living at that address.

Deepti91

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
Its very important for everyone especially when you are in foreign country to have a valid ID issued by that country that needs to be carry always with you. Do you have SIN copy and recent paystub if you working? You can get address letter from your employer if you working somewhere or school if you are a student. If you don't have these then it is very difficult to apply as on what basis consulate would decide which jurisdiction applies to you? I would suggest to get Province ID first from your respective province where you are currently residing. Their address proof requirement is bit lenient. They accept bank statement and one letter from canada post mentioning your name and address. Good luck!!
You are right. I have changed my place of stay twice in last 1 year hence the issue, should have cared more about getting the address updated. I can download the bank statement and get it stamped from the bank but do you know how to get the letter from canada post?
My SIN reflects the older address and paystub reflect the workplace address. So that wont help either. I will apply for Ontario ID in the coming week.

vishvajeet

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hey Guys, I received my PCC from purolator today. With the application I uploaded LOE for PCC.Now to upload the actual one, I am getting lots of mixed comment on raising a webform. some are saying from the type of application select "Replace/Amendment document" and others are saying select "Permanent Resident (Applied Online)". Please let me know which one is the correct one to upload my PCC.
Which option did you ended up selecting? I am in the same boat.

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
You are right. I have changed my place of stay twice in last 1 year hence the issue, should have cared more about getting the address updated. I can download the bank statement and get it stamped from the bank but do you know how to get the letter from canada post?
My SIN reflects the older address and paystub reflect the workplace address. So that wont help either. I will apply for Ontario ID in the coming week.
Canada post letter - means any mail preferably from canadian govt you received on the address where you currently leaving. If you have time, you can update address with your employer and wait for the next pay check. Or if it is possible add your name with utility. Service Ontario may require 2 address proof to issue ontario id. Better to get more documentation such as bank statement/ payslip/ utlity bill/ any mail u received with canada post. Sometimes it also depends upon officer at service ontario if he fine with just one address proof. I have seen people rejected from one office tried wit other office and they succeeded. Good luck!

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Reactions: Gaurav.Projekt

CEC_Candidate2000

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
SIn address wont matter. I had different address while applying. any valid photo id with current address should be fine

IDream

Jun 3, 2020
What type of challenges people are facing in India while PV? I heard from my friend they are asking too many details and many documents from parents.

brrr

Feb 10, 2019
I sent my PCC application directly from the nearest Purolator office to Vancouver BLS on June 22 without any labels from the website and it was received by BLS as per purolator tracker on June 23. But when I try to track the application it still says "NO RECORDS FOUND". Anyone on the same boat??????

KunalC

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
no, ideally you do not have to do anything. Police personnel will either call to the number you provided in the form or thy will come to your address. What you need to do is to provide all you documentation especially passport copy, aadhar card and some address proof to you family members living at that address.
Thanks for your response.
May I know where can we check the status with the file no.?

KunalC

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
How the police verification happened if you are in Canada?
Answer: They will contact you on your Indian number which you mentioned in your application.

Answer: No, you don't need to collect from RPO. you still need to keep checking the status. It will change it to 'Granted PCC' then after 'Printed PCC". After reaching this status CGI Toronto will send your PCC to BLS center within 1 week.

Ask your family member to visit the Police station if you want to speed up the process or else they will contact you at their earliest time.
Thanks for your response.

May I know the link where I can check the status of my file no.?