+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Hi , Does anyone has any experiece with BLS Toronto forPCC , is walking allowed ? if yes , how much time it takes ?
Hi Yes the Walk-in is available but you may have to spend the entire day there in waiting and you need to be atleast by 7 am so that when they open at 8am there's a chance that you will get your turn much later in the day

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Applied for PCC on 1st August 2023... within 2 weeks the process of checking at India was over and now... My PCC tracking update on 'Passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulates' shows "Police Verification Report is clear. PCC is available for issuance" since 14th August'23... its going to be more than 10 working days... Not sure what to do now to make Consulate authorities to give a print and send it to BLS... Any experience sharing during this time line will be much appreciated

Sree2750

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Applied for PCC on 1st August 2023... within 2 weeks the process of checking at India was over and now... My PCC tracking update on 'Passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulates' shows "Police Verification Report is clear. PCC is available for issuance" since 14th August'23... its going to be more than 10 working days... Not sure what to do now to make Consulate authorities to give a print and send it to BLS... Any experience sharing during this time line will be much appreciated
Hey I also have the same status currently showing. Any update on what the process here is?

Reactions: ahanan

the_bong_chi

Dec 31, 2020
Hi , Does anyone has any experiece with BLS Toronto forPCC , is walking allowed ? if yes , how much time it takes ?
Hi, everywhere the processing timeline is between 1 - 2 months. Cases vary based on your local police station processes.
These only differences between a walk-in & postal application,
  1. Walk-In: You'd wait for several hours in line before getting inside & submit your file to BLS. After your application is submitted BLS would update your application status & send the files to Consulate in Ottawa by next day.
  2. Postal Applications: Everything happens Door to Door. You don't have to wait in lines & you receive the PCC back at your house.
  3. However, walk-in or in-person applications are 3-5 days faster than Postal because BLS takes some days to process the postal applications within their local centres. Then they'd send it to Consulate at Ottawa for further processing.
In any case, timeline would be around 1 - 2 months there are no escalation option to process it faster.

Reactions: Sree2750

the_bong_chi

Dec 31, 2020
This status has many meanings,
  1. Your local police station has updated the application from their end.
  2. The SP Office would process the applications in bulk & pass-on the cleared PCCs to Embassy. (usually, happens between 2 - 3 weeks)
  3. Embassy would reach out to Consulate's and update the status to "PCC is ready to print".

ahmedx

Jul 24, 2023
Visit Indian Consulate on a Wednesday and request for printed copy. They might issue it. They will ask for due date of submission.

kumarnar

Aug 3, 2023
Hi ,

Can anyone please let me know what should be the next Step , India passport office has CAT number generated and status is showing as "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. "

When Can I follow up with Local Police station , do I need to wait for change in status to get initiated , or shall i directly approach local police station with the CAT number an file number

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
This status has many meanings,
  1. Your local police station has updated the application from their end.
  2. The SP Office would process the applications in bulk & pass-on the cleared PCCs to Embassy. (usually, happens between 2 - 3 weeks)
  3. Embassy would reach out to Consulate's and update the status to "PCC is ready to print".
Thanks for the clarity Bong_chi

ahanan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Visit Indian Consulate on a Wednesday and request for printed copy. They might issue it. They will ask for due date of submission.
Hi Ahmedx, will wait for the 4 weeks to complete since the date of submission and then visit the CGI... Do we have to take a prior appointment

Last edited:

ahmedx

Jul 24, 2023
Hi Ahmedx, will wait for the 4 weeks to complete since the date of submission and then visit the CGI... Do we have to take a prior appointment
I do not think that you need an appointment. On Wednesday's they have open house, you can visit then.

Pruxx

Aug 29, 2023
Same status keep updating each other might be helpful.

Slyar

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
hey which city in India was this for ?

Slyar

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
After the tracking details update, how many days did it take you to receive the PCC from Purolator?
Hey for Verification done as local police station - thy asked for my aadhar card and photo - Do you need to send someone to the local police station with this or do they come home and ask for it. I will need to make sure someone is home to give this. Please let me know. Thanks