+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Applied for PCC on 9th June,
Police verification done at home on 29th June,
Still the status shows "Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate. "
Follow-up at police station, they confirmed everything is completed from their side.
Whom to reach out to next in this case in order to expedite?

Appreciate your help!
No it’s not done from their side
Maybe it’s pending at the local SP office you need to ask someone to follow up
I had the same issue the local police man said it’s done but there is no status change so I asked someone to follow up and then he said it’s needs to be sent from some office blah blah
Once that was done the status changed in 1 day
Indian police is a pain u know how it works

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Applied for PCC on 9th June,
Police verification done at home on 29th June,
Still the status shows "Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate. "
Follow-up at police station, they confirmed everything is completed from their side.
Whom to reach out to next in this case in order to expedite?

Appreciate your help!
See the above message he summarized it really well
Hey!

Mine was PCC verification initiated on July 1st--> PCC clear, ready for issuance on July 5th

So from what I understand after the actual verification
Local police (upload from their side, then it goes to) -->SP office (who upload it from their end too) --> starts reflecting on our tracking.
(Sidenote: I have a deadline coming in ard 10 days, someone helped my file to go through, as he had a "contact". This "contact" told us that they generally delay the process to min 2 weeks jus like that!)

Now if the local police are confirming they uploaded, you can try reaching out to the SP office to hurry up. Or ask the local cop for who to contact to request "hurry-up process"

What I learnt: Bruhh it's all messed up!

TAPRI

Nov 17, 2022
Hey!

Mine was PCC verification initiated on July 1st--> PCC clear, ready for issuance on July 5th

Local police (upload from their side, then it goes to) -->SP office (who upload it from their end too) --> starts reflecting on our tracking.
(Sidenote: I have a deadline coming in ard 10 days, someone helped my file to go through, as he had a "contact". This "contact" told us that they generally delay the process to min 2 weeks jus like that!)

Now if the local police are confirming they uploaded, you can try reaching out to the SP office to hurry up. Or ask the local cop for who to contact to request "hurry-up process"

Thanks for your response, strange part is i applied for pcc along with my spouse, there is regular update on her application and not on mine. Can you please help with the full form of SP Office, will reach out accordingly?

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Thanks for your response, strange part is i applied for pcc along with my spouse, there is regular update on her application and not on mine. Can you please help with the full form of SP Office, will reach out accordingly?
Superintendent of police - SP of the District
Ask the local police man who did it he will be able to check and Confirm

I believe this is the flow - Local Police Station > LIU office > Local SP Office > Then its all done from India and status will update to - PCC is clear blah blah

Last edited:

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Is the address same for your spouse and you . Is the police station same. if it is then they have messed up and forgot to update your application. Not a big deal - u just need to follow up- mayb ask sum1 to visit the police station and give $$$ and get it sorted

Ravi614

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hey!

Hi did your status changed to print? My spouse’s PCC is cleared on July 10th and it is same since then. I have sent mail to CGI and they sent the generic reply.

chenx

Jun 26, 2023
Hi did your status changed to print? My spouse’s PCC is cleared on July 10th and it is same since then. I have sent mail to CGI and they sent the generic reply.
Hey!

No it's stil the same. They replied to me on July 11th saying: "we will issue by next week".

So am guessing.. on Monday?

If there is no change, I Wil send another email, query and go in person on Wednesday. It's so frustrating

chenx

Jun 26, 2023
No it’s not done from their side
Maybe it’s pending at the local SP office you need to ask someone to follow up
I had the same issue the local police man said it’s done but there is no status change so I asked someone to follow up and then he said it’s needs to be sent from some office blah blah
Once that was done the status changed in 1 day
Indian police is a pain u know how it works
Hey how is it going?
Any change for you?

Its unbelievable the time taken in doing their jobs. As in they have a section that deals with PCC exclusively for each embassy office, right? Especially when they have a separate section and email on website, that is exclusively for PCC.
And "8 weeks" crap should be for the overall thing (in case the actual verification itself takes time).
I can't believe they want to cite those time-lines even after they receive the "PCC clear"..!

Like obviously it's not a physical copy. They jus gotta print it from some online database/comp/watev

So for a couple clicks - they need ard >10 days!!

Like wta*

Akshay778

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
They have even stopped initiating police checks and delaying even the first step in the process. It's so absurd the whole PCC process when this could have truly been 100% online and digital, provided India is the IT hub

Reactions: chenx

devanshumevada

Star Member
Apr 18, 2021
Category........
STUDY
My Timeline so far:

June 19: In-person appointment at BLS Brampton
July 10: File went into review
July 11: Police Verification Initated
July 11 (around 6pm): Got an email from passport.admin about police verification initiation
July 16: Police Verification Report is clear. PCC is available for issuance.

TAPRI

Nov 17, 2022
Dear Experts,
Generally how much time its taking to receive hard copy of the PCC after status -
'Police Verification Report is clear. PCC is available for issuance.'

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Posting my time line

19th June 2023 -Applied in Person @Bls Brampton

22 June 2023 - Status on Passport Seva Portal -PCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.

26 June 2023 -
Status on Passport Seva Portal - PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. CAT number generated
No email received.

27 June 2023
Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.

28th 2023 June
Received from Passport Admin.

1 July 2023 - Verification done as local police station - thy asked for my aadhar card and photo

10 - July 2023- Status updated - PCC is clear - had to follow up with local police - it seems they had not sent it

12 July 2023 - Status - Updated to - PCC is available for issuance

15 July 2023 - Status updated to - PCC printed on PASSPORT INDIA portal

18 July 2023 - Got a text saying mail coming via purolator - status on BLS Website updated with tracking details - Status on PASSPORT INDIA is still the same - PCC printed

May 12, 2021
Hi,

Please can someone clear couple of confusions.
1. My understanding is only photocopies with demand draft needs to be sent for Toronto jurisdiction. Is this correct?
2. I have paid for both pick up and drop off but only received pick up label. How will BLS know I have paid for drop off as well?

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi All

I am about to apply for PCC, I reside in Greater Toronto Area. Can you please tell
1. Do I need to apply in Toronto or Ottawa Jurisdiction? Does it help in speeding the process if we select a particular jurisdiction?
2. I recently got new passport during my visit to India and I stayed there for more than 6 months. The address mentioned there is now vacant and nobody resides. Can I fill address as my parents address? If so, do they visit the passport address or address I mention in application form?
3. Which police station should I select? The one which is nearer to my parents address or my permanent address( passport) police starion?
4. Will the Indian police officer visit the mentioned address or my parents have to visit the selected police station?
What documents should be submitted to support the address issue.
Looking for help, thankyou