+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Hir19494

Star Member
Jun 7, 2020
Today I called the consulate General office and they are just repeating one line you have to wait for 6-weeks. it's really frustrating

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Today I called the consulate General office and they are just repeating one line you have to wait for 6-weeks. it's really frustrating
6 weeks wait from which date? Bls received date as per purolator or date when consulate received your application from Bls usually 2 weeks later.

Last edited:

d13

Jun 9, 2020
This is the most horrible and frustrating part.

I called to BLS today, they told me they are receiving pcc completion updates from consulate and they are in process of sending completed pcc to applicants. He asked to wait till end of next week. Not sure how much we can trust them.
Hopefully it came..only this document is remaining for my file and ITA deadline in 2 weeks.

d13

Jun 9, 2020
True..I also asked them to check the status I will give you the file number and they told me sorry you have to wait.. frustrating situation

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Update
Application received on May 20
Showing processing at consulate since June 05
Today i.e. June 09 , received email for police verification from passport admin.

Will keep you guys updated. Request everyone to post their timelines. Per my understanding no one has received pcc who had applied in may month.

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Hopefully it came..only this document is remaining for my file and ITA deadline in 2 weeks.
I can understand your pain and frustration. Most of the folks are in same situation. This all of sudden change in processing time and fresh police verification process is very frustrating. They should have to implement for future applications received by bls. Like many others , when i applied it was showing 2-3 weeks processing time, and hence i applied accordingly. Cant help these fkrs.

kgt

Feb 14, 2019
Hi! All,

I just wanted to provide details on my recent experience in getting PCC, it's quite complex scenario but I tried my best to explain in short.Hope this helps if someone has similar situation,

Consulate General: OTTAWA

Here is my PCC timeline details,

Application sent to BLS: April 24, 2020

Application sent to Embassy by BLS: May 4th, 2020 (Status in BLS site was 'Processing at High Commission')

Please note: I have not received any email regarding police verification initiation

I waited for almost 25 days and I started my follow up process to BLS via phone and email, and I got very generic response 'JUST WAIT'.I was worried because I didn't received any email regarding police verification initiation, but my friends who applied after 2 weeks of me, got email regarding police verification initiation.

As my ITA expiry date is very near, I geared up and started calling embassy directly to check the status. After trying more than 150 times(definitely not in one day , this is in 4-5 days), I got lucky enough to talk to one person in embassy over the phone. He was very kind, understood my situation, validated my application details and there was a big surprise to me , as I got the update from that person my PCC was printed on May 10,2020 (Just 1 week after they received my application) , however PCC didn't reached me and in BLS site application tracking was showing 'Processing at High Commission'.

I wrote more than 10 emails (Everyday different email thread) to embassy explaining my application situation, of course as expected I didn't received any response to my emails. I tried calling again to embassy and this time without many tries I spoke to the same person which I spoke earlier and he told my application had some issues in photo (I took the photo service from BLS by making online payment, BLS affixed my photo to application), because of this my PCC didn't cleared the last stage of process and no one in embassy cared to contact BLS/me regarding the issue.I requested the embassy person to help me on this, and he told he will try to fix this by talking to BLS.

Just 2 days back I received a call from Ottawa embassy , my PCC has been issued and I will receive it soon. Today I see the status in BLS site, my PCC is shipped to my address.

Now I am really not sure, what was the real issue, was the mistake from BLS or from embassy and what made the embassy to look into my PCC issue and solve it, may be my emails (I looped every escalation contact provided in Ottawa embassy website) or may be the embassy person to whom I spoke over the phone.

Last edited:

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Hi! All,

I just wanted to provide details on my recent experience in getting PCC, it's quite complex scenario but I tried my best to explain in short.Hope this helps if someone has similar situation,

Application sent to Embassy by BLS: May 4th, 2020 (Status in BLS site was 'Processing at High Commission')

Please note: I have not received any email regarding police verification initiation

I waited for almost 25 days and I started my follow up process to BLS via phone and email, and I got very generic response 'JUST WAIT'.I was worried because I didn't received any email regarding police verification initiation, but my friends who applied after 2 weeks of me, got email regarding police verification initiation.

As my ITA expiry date is very near, I geared up and started calling embassy directly to check the status. After trying more than 150 times(definitely not in one day , this is in 4-5 days), I got lucky enough to talk to one person in embassy over the phone. He was very kind, understood my situation, validated my application details and there was a big surprise to me , as I got the update from that person my PCC was printed on May 10,2020 (Just 1 week after they received my application) , however PCC didn't reached me and in BLS site application tracking was showing 'Processing at High Commission'.

I wrote more than 10 emails (Everyday different email thread) to embassy explaining my application situation, of course as expected I didn't received any response to my emails. I tried calling again to embassy and this time without many tries I spoke to the same person which I spoke earlier and he told my application had some issues in photo (I took the photo service from BLS by making online payment, BLS affixed my photo to application), because of this my PCC didn't cleared the last stage of process and no one in embassy cared to contact BLS/me regarding the issue.I requested the embassy person to help me on this, and he told he will try to fix this by talking to BLS.

Just 2 days back I received a call from Ottawa embassy , my PCC has been issued and I will receive it soon. Today I see the status in BLS site, my PCC is shipped to my address.

Now I am really not sure, what was the real issue, was the mistake from BLS or from embassy and what made the embassy to look into my PCC issue and solve it, may be my emails (I looped every escalation contact provided in Ottawa embassy website) or may be the embassy person to whom I spoke over the phone.
Great news. Looks like your constant effort worked. Thanks bro for sharing. All the best

amitesh

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Hi Everyone ..I am applying for PCC through BLS Brampton for Canada PR. I am in Toronto for the last 3.5 years. I have a few questions.

1. Which option should I select from residence permit or immigration purposes other than citizenship?
Note: I am applying for PR and currently on the work permit
2. what should be my present address ( I want to ask I should put my Canada address or India address)
3. My family has shifted to another place from the address mentioned in the passport. So should I specify that address, or should I specify the same address, which said in the passport?

Thanks in advance. Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Hi Everyone ..I am applying for PCC through BLS Brampton for Canada PR. I am in Toronto for the last 3.5 years. I have a few questions.

1. Which option should I select from residence permit or immigration purposes other than citizenship?
Note: I am applying for PR and currently on the work permit - I see both works here in toronto consulate. I would say choose residence permit. Actually in some cases for indian passport psk officers ask applicant to choose 'immigration purposes other than citizenship' option as they consider residence permit option is only for them who are living in canada and want to apply residence permit. but technically both are fine and accepted by CIC.
2. what should be my present address ( I want to ask I should put my Canada address or India address) - Canada address
3. My family has shifted to another place from the address mentioned in the passport. So should I specify that address, or should I specify the same address, which said in the passport? Give the address where your family currently staying. In form they are asking your Permanent address in India, so that they can reach out to someone at this address who knows you. Giving same passport address funda is no more will work with new pcc guidelines. All indian passport holders now needs to undergo fresh police verification.

Thanks in advance. Any help regarding this would be appreciated.
Please find my inline response

Jav Ryan

Apr 11, 2020
Hi! All,

Happy to hear that worked for you.

vmsanthosh.chn

Jun 29, 2017
contacting local police office is a bs!! they dont even understand what we are talking about. The moment they hear the word "verification", there comes standard answer "we will call you". When you say you are NRI, then the question comes, then why do you need verification !!. Consulate should educate all local police stations if they are changing a process.

d13

Jun 9, 2020
contacting local police office is a bs!! they dont even understand what we are talking about. The moment they hear the word "verification", there comes standard answer "we will call you". When you say you are NRI, then the question comes, then why do you need verification !!. Consulate should educate all local police stations if they are changing a process.
You show your email of verification to them.then they understand.