+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

CEC_Candidate1001

Jun 3, 2020
Hey all,

Did anyone tried applying for Indian PCC now? The Consulate and BLS is not accepting walk-in applications and they accept only via postal. But the procedures mentioned in the website are not clear. Did anyone apply through postal? Help pls.

Thanks,
Amala
Were you able to apply for it?

srin881

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
My PCC Timelines:
Application Sent : 7th May
Application Delivered to BLS by Purolator : 8th May
BLS sent mail Application Received: 27th May
Current Status as of today : Processing in Consulate

I have one more question.I came to Canada on July,2019 and had done my PCC on 14th August,2019(thought of getting it done beforehand).My application submission deadline is in the 1st week of July.Will my existing PCC work?I have not gone back to India since then.I came accross this in the cic website.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
This is totally ridiculous process now WHY? here are the reasons why..... (

1) Toronto Consulate was not prepared for pandemic circumstances.. OKAY it is usual and we can accept this

2) BLS I don't know they were efficient before pandemic situation but now they are totally useless,, I mean an applicant send application on day 1 it reach to them on day 2 (Purolator) WHY THE HELL THEY TAKE 2 TO 3 WEEK TO PROCESS IT TO CONSULATE GENERAL TORONTO? What are they doing for almost 3 weeks?

3) Here comes to consulate general.. so in April or earlier applicants they just gave away PCC's to all of them and suddenly from May or end of April they just introduced new term WITHOUT ANY PRIOR NOTICE "FRESH POLICE VERIFICATION" (THAT MEANS ANOTHER 3 4 WEEKS) I mean seriously??? WHY YOU GUYS ISSUED PCC'S BEFORE WITHOUT ANY VERIFICATION'S?

4) BLS what is the role of them in PCC application now? just cause delays? or to provide tracker? AHY THE HELL THEY KEEP OUR APPLICATIONS FOR LIKE 3 WEEKS? GOOD FOR NOTHING...

5) Customer service of BLS and Consulate generl is entirely useless, I mean seriously WHY DONT THEY HIRE PEOPLE?

NOTE: ALL COMMENTS ARE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
Just to add this new guideline is for toronto jurisdiction only. Other offices are giving pcc without fresh police verification. Cgi website says it would take 6 weeks. Bls recently updated minimum processing time 8 weeks plus courier delivery time. Vancouver office is processing in 10-15 days. Cant help these stupid folks

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
My PCC Timelines:
Application Sent : 7th May
Application Delivered to BLS by Purolator : 8th May
BLS sent mail Application Received: 27th May
Current Status as of today : Processing in Consulate

I have one more question.I came to Canada on July,2019 and had done my PCC on 14th August,2019(thought of getting it done beforehand).My application submission deadline is in the 1st week of July.Will my existing PCC work?I have not gone back to India since then.I came accross this in the cic website.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
yes . you should be fine.

Reactions: srin881

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
BLS Brampton taking 2-3 weeks to quarantine the application. This is the reason they mentioned in their website.
This is so ridiculous and frustrating
I see few people started raising this concern to indian authorities over twitter. I am also post my inconvenience on the forum. Request everyone to do your part. Together we may able to make any difference.

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
on which twitter handle?
I did it too on twitter @indiainToronto.
This is their official handle. I feel it is unfair to all applicants to extend the timeline and adding the rule only for Toronto consulate without any prior intimation. The rule should be implemented only after making it as publicly advertised so that people come know and can consider the timelines.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon

Friend123

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Could anyone plz tell me is the processing time is same if we apply from Ottawa as well??

Timline
Status change from bls to consulate: may 13
Current Status: processing in consulate

Also i have received mail from passportindia.gov about intiation of police verification at local police station yesterday

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
As of me majority of us are receiving "Fresh verification mails' from passport office (India), after going through purolator BLS and Consulate general,

I am wondering is there anyone? who is able to track his status under this link?

https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew
Hi Hardeep, can you share your timelines? Specially when did you receive email for Police verififcation. I believe our timelines are mostly same:

Purolator collected: 07 may 2020
BLS status enabled: 26 May 2020
Further no updates till now.

agent_47

Star Member
May 18, 2019
Just to add this new guideline is for toronto jurisdiction only. Other offices are giving pcc without fresh police verification. Cgi website says it would take 6 weeks. Bls recently updated minimum processing time 8 weeks plus courier delivery time. Vancouver office is processing in 10-15 days. Cant help these stupid folks
Vancouver office is also sending for fresh police verification. I have applied from here and got an auto-generated email this week from passport admin.

agent_47

Star Member
May 18, 2019
When your application reach to CGI Vancouver?
Timeline -

Purolator pickup
- 20 May
Reached BLS - 21 May (as per Purolator tracking page)
BLS aknowledgement email - 22 May
BLS to Consulate - 28 May (as per BLS tracking page)
Reached Consulate - 1 June (as per BLS tracking page)
Police verification initiated - 1 June (email received from passport admin)

BLS tracking page shows processing at Consulate General since

Reactions: pkumar26