Expecting soon
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2018
LANDED..........
26-07-2018

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
Dear all friends ( especially Sunnymks, APPNOV2014NY, can-dream, poisonapple)

24th December 2017, 7:30 British Airways Hyderabad to London & 4 hrs transit at Heathrow .

16:45 UK time, British airways London to Montreal.

Landed at 7:20 pm Montreal time.

Though the airlines given declaration card,which i have filled, airport will send every passenger to a self assistance monitor where you have to fill form by clicking no ( Because, all answers usually no ,at least in my case, like carrying 10000 dollars or more, have any criminal record, bringing live animals plants meat items and birds. So for me it's no for all). Finally photo is captured itself and will get a printed declaration card.

Give it to the people with security dress who are just next to the yellow line.

They will put tick and will ask you, are you immigrating? Then he will ask you to go immigration counter 2 or 1. For me immigration 2.
It's an office with 12 chamber, 6 for CBSA and 6 for midi on rt side (don't worry everything is written in as big as you can read from far too)

Take a self token and sit and wait for your Turn just like you applied for PCC in india.

We went to the officer on our turn, handed over my copr, passport,

He ask

1) Do you have any criminal record

Answer no

2) how much dollars you have

Answered 4200 USD and 3200 CAD

3) Do you have all your goods with you? Anything following after?

Answer : no (because including my printer, mixi (110 V), all my kitchen things i bought with me)

4) he asked to sign 3 places on copr, then second copy same

5) then he ask, how much your total goods value

Answered 2400

6) I gave him the list of the items i bought, and the list of goods to follow

Here he is Angry

You said you have all your goods with you?

Politely i said,

Sir,

It's list of 2 things,

1) Money ( as per the attached proof of funds bank letter )
2) Gold (as per the attached pictures )

He saw the bank documents and gold pictures, and said, this is not gold, it's your personal jewellery.
I said yes.

He ask what's the value.

11,000 CAD

Do you have one more copy? Yes.

He took them.

Ask me to sit. He will call back.

After 5 minutes, he show his hand asking to come.

Given passport back and said i give you back your passports
Given COPR with stamping backside and said i give you back your COPR

Now officially you three (wife, myself and son☺) are permanent residents.

Congratulations

And Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

Do you have any questions for me.

I said no, and ask, sir we want to inform you something.

He said yes, please.

My wife is a pregnant 3 months gestation, we know it only after visa received.

He said congratulations, that's ok , nothing to worry about it. Enjoy your stay. If you are finished with questions, you may have a seat near midi. They will call you with the number which i called you previously.

Handed the paper declaration and said kee It in hand, you need it to give while exit the airport.

Midi called next 30 seconds,

Easy go , she'll help with brochures, and many things which you will see on the quebec website.

Given a bulk of papers in an envelope.

Same Greetings and wishes like CBSA.

She explained how to drive car with indian licence for 6 months,how to apply insurance card, French classes, bank account, PR card local address update, child school, and housing.

Time between token to CBSA is 35 minutes

CBSA - 6 minutes

Waiting - 3.5 minutes

CBSA - 2 Minutes

Waiting - 30 seconds

MIDI - 8 minutes ( she spoke everything in detail and explained how to access the social benefits and all. With a nice smile )

After 1 hr of landing we are out of the airport.

Freezing cold,

Snow everywhere.

Thanks to Algerian Abdelhadi Taxi driver, who was really an angel last night.

23 kg 6 trolleys, 2 cabin trolleys, 3 cabin bags, total of 11 bags, he himself met me at the exit asking , sir you want taxi.

I didn't even touch my small bag also. Everything he did from airport to my temporary apartment, including climbing the steps.

Charged 20 dollars from airport to Rue Remembrance.

Why i mentioned about him because, there are lot of good people here. So come soon once you receive your visa.

Had a paradise hyderabad biryani in Montreal with the help of same taxi driver.

Finally I'm a Permanent Resident of Canada. ☺☺☺
Lots of Congrats dear Alex
As per your Landing experience it seems that everything will go very smoothly for all of us.
Have a great life ahead and dear as per my recent study I would like to suggest you to buy private insurance for your entire family because while you apply for the Healthcare Card/Medical Card there is waiting period up to 3 months and you are already aware that the Weather in Quebec will be a huge challenge to face.
However enjoy the days and please keep posting the update/your experience (when you have some spare time).

Wish you all the best and A very happy New Year to you and your family.

patel_sanket_1

Jul 29, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-08-2013
Doc's Request.
05-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
IELTS Request
Done Already
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
12-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
HMMM
VISA ISSUED...
God Help
LANDED..........
When God decided

24th December 2017, 7:30 British Airways Hyderabad to London & 4 hrs transit at Heathrow .

Congrats Buddy..

&
Thanks For Sharing Your Landing Experience ...

patel_sanket_1

Jul 29, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-08-2013
Doc's Request.
05-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
IELTS Request
Done Already
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
12-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
HMMM
VISA ISSUED...
God Help
LANDED..........
When God decided
Reactions: sunnymks

Ayaan baby

Nov 13, 2017

Though the airlines given declaration card,which i have filled, airport will send every passenger to a self assistance monitor where you have to fill form by clicking no ( Because, all answers usually no ,at least in my case, like carrying 10000 dollars or more, have any criminal record, bringing live animals plants meat items and birds. So for me it's no for all). Finally photo is captured itself and will get a printed declaration card.

Give it to the people with security dress who are just next to the yellow line.

They will put tick and will ask you, are you immigrating? Then he will ask you to go immigration counter 2 or 1. For me immigration 2.
It's an office with 12 chamber, 6 for CBSA and 6 for midi on rt side (don't worry everything is written in as big as you can read from far too)

Take a self token and sit and wait for your Turn just like you applied for PCC in india.

We went to the officer on our turn, handed over my copr, passport,

He ask

1) Do you have any criminal record

Answer no

2) how much dollars you have

Answered 4200 USD and 3200 CAD

3) Do you have all your goods with you? Anything following after?

Answer : no (because including my printer, mixi (110 V), all my kitchen things i bought with me)

4) he asked to sign 3 places on copr, then second copy same

5) then he ask, how much your total goods value

Answered 2400

6) I gave him the list of the items i bought, and the list of goods to follow

Here he is Angry

You said you have all your goods with you?

Politely i said,

Sir,

It's list of 2 things,

1) Money ( as per the attached proof of funds bank letter )
2) Gold (as per the attached pictures )

He saw the bank documents and gold pictures, and said, this is not gold, it's your personal jewellery.
I said yes.

He ask what's the value.

11,000 CAD

Do you have one more copy? Yes.

He took them.

Ask me to sit. He will call back.

After 5 minutes, he show his hand asking to come.

Given passport back and said i give you back your passports
Given COPR with stamping backside and said i give you back your COPR

Now officially you three (wife, myself and son☺) are permanent residents.

Congratulations

And Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

Do you have any questions for me.

I said no, and ask, sir we want to inform you something.

He said yes, please.

My wife is a pregnant 3 months gestation, we know it only after visa received.

He said congratulations, that's ok , nothing to worry about it. Enjoy your stay. If you are finished with questions, you may have a seat near midi. They will call you with the number which i called you previously.

Handed the paper declaration and said kee It in hand, you need it to give while exit the airport.

Midi called next 30 seconds,

Easy go , she'll help with brochures, and many things which you will see on the quebec website.

Given a bulk of papers in an envelope.

Same Greetings and wishes like CBSA.

She explained how to drive car with indian licence for 6 months,how to apply insurance card, French classes, bank account, PR card local address update, child school, and housing.

Time between token to CBSA is 35 minutes

CBSA - 6 minutes

Waiting - 3.5 minutes

CBSA - 2 Minutes

Waiting - 30 seconds

MIDI - 8 minutes ( she spoke everything in detail and explained how to access the social benefits and all. With a nice smile )

After 1 hr of landing we are out of the airport.

Freezing cold,

Snow everywhere.

Thanks to Algerian Abdelhadi Taxi driver, who was really an angel last night.

23 kg 6 trolleys, 2 cabin trolleys, 3 cabin bags, total of 11 bags, he himself met me at the exit asking , sir you want taxi.

I didn't even touch my small bag also. Everything he did from airport to my temporary apartment, including climbing the steps.

Charged 20 dollars from airport to Rue Remembrance.

Why i mentioned about him because, there are lot of good people here. So come soon once you receive your visa.

Had a paradise hyderabad biryani in Montreal with the help of same taxi driver.

Thank you,

Yes Dear,

4200 USD Single series paper currency
3200 CAD regular plastic currency
15 pounds ( which I received in London during transit after buying )so i didn't mention the small amount.

As you said physical currency always king, so i buy CAD from 3 different agency in india.

Thank you
Dear Alex...
So kind of you to give such elaborate description about landing.Its very useful for all waiting to land.. thank you

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
2400 CAD ?

Yes, because I buy 110v mixer grinder, preethi for 6500 INR , 5 trolley all together (3 large and 2 cabin)
28,000 INR , all of them are hard case polycarbonate. For me few winter sweatshirts, parka, same for my son(2 set) and wife(5 set), in house using woollen sox all together 24500 , groceries of our kind 7500 INR, new clothing for 3 (8700 INR) Non stick cook ware set granite top induction base + pressure cooker prestige all together 5400 INR, Summer Clothing for 8600 INR, few pickles with international packing ( done in every where hyderaba, they seal 3 to 4 times in a thick plastic paper once they have filled the pickle in silver foil type packing), 2400 INR shampoos, soaps,detergent, vasline flavoured body lotion to restore the dry skin, evaa lip balm 10 pieces, regular vasline large size,all together with missing items purchased in reliance @ 3700 INR ,medicine for my wife 1600 INR ( she's pregnant , for the remaining period of pregnancy )my old printer and laptop and tab,along with my wife smartphone ( marked used)
New set of my medical books to prepare for exams 16500 INR,
Few things I missed out, but usually it comes around 2400 CAD, for safe I made a list of all items with price in 2 set and gave a set to CBSA officer.

Frankly speaking,

Purchase from Limeroad parka and Ali express , made me down in minus -40 temperature, yesterday literally it was, I can feel my toes and fingers getting numb.

Don't worry if you are lucky enough will get a help. I got an angel Grandma who pick me from Dorval and drop me at my residence 2305 rue remembrance.

She saw me standing alone in freezing cold in the bus stop with so much luggage ( Pepsi 2 litre, Orange juice 2 litre, milk 2 litre, 12 x 2 box eggs, bread, Lays chips large to make breakfast and snacks for my son.

She drop me at free of cost. Which never happened usually with canadian , as per Abdelhadi ( the taxi driver ) because I'm located in Lachine, rue remembrance which is far from downtown and lasalle where indian community is densel populated.

Today with the same taxi driver spent 4 hrs in getting Canadian standard -40 holding outer wears for my son, Me and my wife, including winter boots (a must, otherwise you will skid on ice my friends ), winter proper gloves, head gear, and sox. All together 647.80 CAD which is really on cheaper side for me. And my taxi friend ask me to pay 80 dollars for the whole trip ( I always move out with my son, so i need a car, through whatsapp contacted few taxi and chauffeur service, minimum is 96 dollars for chauffeur driven drop off, and full size car of 110 dollars, so any how it comes more than 200 dollars )

Temporary winter clothes or in house winter clothes must and buy new standard clothing for freezing temperatures in Canada itself. I found cheap in Walmart (but taxi friend suggestion is to go for winner's, as the Walmart items are Chinese and smell plastic :).)

Tomorrow a big day for applying for SIN, health insurance, Bank account and health insurance card, then will start for looking a new house. If i don't find , I stay in the same building in different floor who's ready to give us for 1500 per month all inclusive luxury 3 bedroom.

Let's see how it works, because other than few stores and banks , it's far from downtown. Unless i don't need anything from downtown.

For me my building is ok because the entire building is air conditioning and feels very warm. Next few months we both not going to work, so probably this is a good place if i can locate a school for my son ( pre school ) near by.

As per my taxi friend it's definitely an expensive as he is staying for 930 CAD per month including everything on west side.

I know I'm wasting more money but i need my family to be comfortable and safe and warm.

Thank you guys for your wishes.

Let's hope for the winter fade away in coming months.

I pray for all my friends Sunnymks, can-dream and all who are waiting to get DM and PPR get it soon with a long expiry visa date i. e. Up to May 2018.

As i spoke with 2 canadian, 1 indian ( at paradise biryani montreal ), and my taxi friend, it's common for the immigrants to land during Summer (usually after April or May). For me the time given is less. So i landed immediately according to my situation .

Wish you all the best all of my friends and members of the forum.

kms7

Star Member
Jan 1, 2017
INDIA
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
Med's Request
15/09/2017
Med's Done....
07/10/2017
Passport Req..
Expecting soon
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2018
LANDED..........
26-07-2018
Thank you Alex for such an elaboration. Do come to the forum whenever you have time.We will need your help.Best wishes for your future.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
2400 CAD ?

Yes, because I buy 110v mixer grinder, preethi for 6500 INR , 5 trolley all together (3 large and 2 cabin)
28,000 INR , all of them are hard case polycarbonate. For me few winter sweatshirts, parka, same for my son(2 set) and wife(5 set), in house using woollen sox all together 24500 , groceries of our kind 7500 INR, new clothing for 3 (8700 INR) Non stick cook ware set granite top induction base + pressure cooker prestige all together 5400 INR, Summer Clothing for 8600 INR, few pickles with international packing ( done in every where hyderaba, they seal 3 to 4 times in a thick plastic paper once they have filled the pickle in silver foil type packing), 2400 INR shampoos, soaps,detergent, vasline flavoured body lotion to restore the dry skin, evaa lip balm 10 pieces, regular vasline large size,all together with missing items purchased in reliance @ 3700 INR ,medicine for my wife 1600 INR ( she's pregnant , for the remaining period of pregnancy )my old printer and laptop and tab,along with my wife smartphone ( marked used)
New set of my medical books to prepare for exams 16500 INR,
Few things I missed out, but usually it comes around 2400 CAD, for safe I made a list of all items with price in 2 set and gave a set to CBSA officer.

Frankly speaking,

Purchase from Limeroad parka and Ali express , made me down in minus -40 temperature, yesterday literally it was, I can feel my toes and fingers getting numb.

Don't worry if you are lucky enough will get a help. I got an angel Grandma who pick me from Dorval and drop me at my residence 2305 rue remembrance.

She saw me standing alone in freezing cold in the bus stop with so much luggage ( Pepsi 2 litre, Orange juice 2 litre, milk 2 litre, 12 x 2 box eggs, bread, Lays chips large to make breakfast and snacks for my son.

She drop me at free of cost. Which never happened usually with canadian , as per Abdelhadi ( the taxi driver ) because I'm located in Lachine, rue remembrance which is far from downtown and lasalle where indian community is densel populated.

Today with the same taxi driver spent 4 hrs in getting Canadian standard -40 holding outer wears for my son, Me and my wife, including winter boots (a must, otherwise you will skid on ice my friends ), winter proper gloves, head gear, and sox. All together 647.80 CAD which is really on cheaper side for me. And my taxi friend ask me to pay 80 dollars for the whole trip ( I always move out with my son, so i need a car, through whatsapp contacted few taxi and chauffeur service, minimum is 96 dollars for chauffeur driven drop off, and full size car of 110 dollars, so any how it comes more than 200 dollars )

Temporary winter clothes or in house winter clothes must and buy new standard clothing for freezing temperatures in Canada itself. I found cheap in Walmart (but taxi friend suggestion is to go for winner's, as the Walmart items are Chinese and smell plastic :).)

Tomorrow a big day for applying for SIN, health insurance, Bank account and health insurance card, then will start for looking a new house. If i don't find , I stay in the same building in different floor who's ready to give us for 1500 per month all inclusive luxury 3 bedroom.

Let's see how it works, because other than few stores and banks , it's far from downtown. Unless i don't need anything from downtown.

For me my building is ok because the entire building is air conditioning and feels very warm. Next few months we both not going to work, so probably this is a good place if i can locate a school for my son ( pre school ) near by.

As per my taxi friend it's definitely an expensive as he is staying for 930 CAD per month including everything on west side.

I know I'm wasting more money but i need my family to be comfortable and safe and warm.

Thank you guys for your wishes.

Let's hope for the winter fade away in coming months.

I pray for all my friends Sunnymks, can-dream and all who are waiting to get DM and PPR get it soon with a long expiry visa date i. e. Up to May 2018.

As i spoke with 2 canadian, 1 indian ( at paradise biryani montreal ), and my taxi friend, it's common for the immigrants to land during Summer (usually after April or May). For me the time given is less. So i landed immediately according to my situation .

Wish you all the best all of my friends and members of the forum.
Alex some pointers which might be helpful ....
Winter will be worst till Feb end so don't neglect it ..best way is to wear as many layers as possible ...Winter gear from India won't sustain this weather so for others don't waste money on buying from India and then on extra cost on luggage .. ..
All homes are properly insulated and moreover it's landlord obligation and as well as govt mandate that heat hot water should be provided by them

Accommodation - Look for accommodation near Longueuil as it is well connected as you might not be able to drive for some time.. park is another ghetto where you will find Indian Grocery and Indians ... Snowden is also where you will find lot of Indian and Asian pouplation ..Downtown will be costly ... you should get 4 1/2 (2 bhk is called 4 1/2) for 1000 CAD in most of these areas...

Instead on relying on Cab try Uber they are cheaper ....

If you need any other info or help message me ...