+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Index card --- school record

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
For those who applied and have children..

Should the index card for children's education signed by the school principle or not ?

Thanks

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi
[1] I doubt whether the Index Card will have field for Principal to sign. Hence no need for a signature. However it will [and should have] the School sign embossed on it. That should be enough
[2] Additionally you can request the School to provide a letter for the Citizenship Application purpose for the Child [Parent Information Request Letter]
It will be signed by the School Authority / Principal

SerenityNow

Aug 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manianz47 said:
Hi
[1] I doubt whether the Index Card will have field for Principal to sign. Hence no need for a signature. However it will [and should have] the School sign embossed on it. That should be enough
[2] Additionally you can request the School to provide a letter for the Citizenship Application purpose for the Child [Parent Information Request Letter]
It will be signed by the School Authority / Principal
Please review the Gather documents section of the application:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E4

Here is the section on school records:

4. Education records

Provide photocopies of all your official education records if you attended an educational institution in the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application. Official education records are:

report cards; or
transcripts; or
attendance records

The education records must cover each calendar year, if applicable. It is sufficient to submit one official education document per calendar year of schooling during the relevant four (4) year period. Note: You are not required to submit proof of attendance at English/French as a second language training programs.

In addition, provide photocopies of official education records for all children in Canada or abroad who were under the age of 18 in the last four (4) years immediately before the date of your application, even if you are not applying for Canadian citizenship on their behalf. You must also provide documents for any children who are already Canadian citizens, if applicable.

Note: Student identification cards and letters from institutions, teachers, principals are not accepted as official education records. For example, an official transcript from an educational institution would satisfy this requirement. A letter from an institution is only acceptable in the following two circumstances:

Child has recently enrolled in school and a report card has not yet been issued
Child is being homeschooled

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi
For the current year I submitted the Index card and Information request letter for my children. I had no issues. If you do not have have the Provincial Report cards, this should be the option left...

SerenityNow

Aug 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manianz47 said:
Hi
For the current year I submitted the Index card and Information request letter for my children. I had no issues. If you do not have have the Provincial Report cards, this should be the option left...
If the reports cards have not been issued in the current year, then the last part of the instructions allow for the letter, but for previous academic years, official report cards need to be sent.

TUD

Aug 17, 2016
Hi

Do I need to submit any educational records for my minor kids,one is 17 and other is 12 . They are applying with me (parent). The application form does not mention any such requirement.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Hi

Do I need to submit any educational records for my minor kids,one is 17 and other is 12 . They are applying with me (parent). The application form does not mention any such requirement.
Read the application form carefully and follow the process. Citizenship application is a simple process and the actual docket is only a handful pages. If it doesnt state it, then dont send it.