+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indefinite VS at least one year job offer

karlosmur

Aug 14, 2020
Hi!

Need help/advice.

I got a job offer recently from a company based in BC. The job offer is indefinite (no end date) and I'm currently on PGWP. cic.gc.ca states that generally, a job offer to be valid should be for at least one year.

As indefinite job offer doesn't have defined end date, can I get additional points for Express Entry Federal Skilled Worker Program CRS score?

Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi!

Need help/advice.

I got a job offer recently from a company based in BC. The job offer is indefinite (no end date) and I'm currently on PGWP. cic.gc.ca states that generally, a job offer to be valid should be for at least one year.

As indefinite job offer doesn't have defined end date, can I get additional points for Express Entry Federal Skilled Worker Program CRS score?

Thanks in advance!
Do you have an approved LMIA? Since you are on a PGWP, you can't claim the 50 job offer points without an approved LMIA.

Ms81

Jun 16, 2018
Do you have an approved LMIA? Since you are on a PGWP, you can't claim the 50 job offer points without an approved LMIA.
Great to hear from you scylla.
Thanks for your kind reply to everyone.
I have also an query. My employer is in the process of approving LMIA (employer specific). I am an Indian and still residing here at India. I want to know about how much fund I have to show for my work permit application after receiving positive LMIA.
Thanks in advance. Please reply.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You need to pay the $155 work permit application fee. The employer should not try to make you pay the $1000 LMIA fee as that is their responsibility.

Ms81

Jun 16, 2018
Yes, I know it, but I have a concern about when I have to submit the work permit file along with positive LMIA. Is there any requirements to show the proof of funds or not and if yes then how much fund to show .

Ms81

Jun 16, 2018
You need to pay the $155 work permit application fee. The employer should not try to make you pay the $1000 LMIA fee as that is their responsibility.
Yes, I know it, but I have a concern about when I have to submit the work permit file along with positive LMIA. Is there any requirements to show the proof of funds or not and if yes then how much fund to show .

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Why would you need proof of funds? You already have a job.

In fact, depending on how long your PGWP is, you may not need to apply for a work permit.

Ms81

Jun 16, 2018
I am not the same person who ask that question about pgwp. I am still residing in India and my question was regarding proof of fund. Is there any need to show any fund for work permit application (employer specific) after getting positive LMIA

Ms81

Jun 16, 2018
Why would you need proof of funds? You already have a job.

In fact, depending on how long your PGWP is, you may not need to apply for a work permit.
I am not the same person who ask that question about pgwp. I am still residing in India and my question was regarding proof of fund. Is there any need to show any fund for work permit application (employer specific) after getting positive LMIA

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
In 2016 they "reduced" the requirement from indeterminate to one year, which to me sounds like an indeterminate job offer is still acceptable as it is by nature at least one year, although if I am mistaken and the explicit requirement is to state at least one year, then that would be good to know.