+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incubators asking for large amount of money to get letter of support.

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Great feedback! Thanks!
Hello Dear jdutta

We have got support and commitment letter from one incubator and get mentoring now but unfortunately yesterday we received refusal letter telling that we don't have money tie and we don't leave Canada at the end of stay. could you get approval visa?

jdutta

Jul 1, 2020
Hello Dear jdutta

We have got support and commitment letter from one incubator and get mentoring now but unfortunately yesterday we received refusal letter telling that we don't have money tie and we don't leave Canada at the end of stay. could you get approval visa?
Sorry I didn't understand the reason for refusal! That's absurd in my opinion. No, I haven't got approval for my visa yet.

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Sorry I didn't understand the reason for refusal! That's absurd in my opinion. No, I haven't got approval for my visa yet.
yes you are right we got support letter from the incubator in Manitoba. I think you too, Am i right?

ahs

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
Sept 22, 2014
Doc's Request.
Jun 18, 2015 & Oct 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 27, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 27, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 25, 2015
Interview........
waived; Decision Made: Dec 21, 2015
Passport Req..
Dec 22, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 05, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 7, 2016
Please don't use a consultant - I haven't used one. You will be better off investing that money in your business. I contacted one and they asked me 15,000 CAD.

could you please share some details of ur consultant who u quoted above. I am also looking for applying for start up Visa category
would appreciate your response

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Anyone can share how much minimum investment is required for startup visa? And we can connect with incubators?

Azizhk

Jan 17, 2021
Incubator fees vary - Mine is asking for 2100 CAD per month. I get office space in return (which due to the Covd 19 situation I haven't been able to use). I also get CEO mentoring from a very experienced person and have learned a ton of stuff in the past 6 months. (Started in April 2020). So yeah, while this is expensive route I think it is worth it - especially if you are over 40 and do not qualify for any express entry category.
Hello, which Incubator have you used please?

kabayan

Apr 28, 2010
CANADA
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-20-2010
Doc's Request.
10-18-2010; 2nd(September 2014)
AOR Received.
1st 10-18-2010; 2nd(London VO) 06-16-2011
IELTS Request
10-29/30-2010
File Transfer...
May 2012
Med's Request
October 2014
Med's Done....
October 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014 ADVO RCvD on 23-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
Jan 2015
Hi All,
My US based startup got accepted in a business incubators which is among the listed designated organization by CIC for the startup visa program.
However they asked for 20k CAD as an administration fee to issue the support letter. During our discussions and the whole application process this fee wasnt brought up even though we asked them explicitly what would be the cost.

Is this the normal way incubators work in Canada ? It seems like it defeats the whole purpose of the SVP as startups have limited funds to begin with. It looks like they are selling the visa.

I’m considering other options right now beside SVP given that I need to have a temporary work permit as soon as possible in Canada. Any pointers on where to look?
Could we incorporate the company in canada and make it a subsidiary of the US company then just hire ourselves?

Any help would be appreciated!
You may want to read up on the USMCA/previously known as NAFTA if you already have an existing/operational business in the US

Nomad80

Mar 10, 2021
Incubator fees vary - Mine is asking for 2100 CAD per month. I get office space in return (which due to the Covd 19 situation I haven't been able to use). I also get CEO mentoring from a very experienced person and have learned a ton of stuff in the past 6 months. (Started in April 2020). So yeah, while this is expensive route I think it is worth it - especially if you are over 40 and do not qualify for any express entry category.
Hi,
I am also planning to immigrate through startup visa. I am not sure which incubator to contact. Could you please share the name of your incubator.
I wish you good luck
Thanks,
Sherzod

Antiseptic

Mar 11, 2022
Let me know that you want to know exactly, there is not much else about the payment with the incubator. I signed the contract that said I have to pay when I get my PR. I actually paid them after 3 weeks of being there they did not rush me with the payment at all.
Hello Kingcoon
I would like to know the name incubator? Person in charge? Contac no? Email address? Who really genuine to help start-up visa to get a letter of support. We dont mind to pay a reasonable if we are successful to get the work permit and start our Production asap.

We really appreciate your help and attention.

Regards
Thomas

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hello Kingcoon
I would like to know the name incubator? Person in charge? Contac no? Email address? Who really genuine to help start-up visa to get a letter of support. We dont mind to pay a reasonable if we are successful to get the work permit and start our Production asap.

Regards
Thomas
@Antiseptic - You will have to contact the designated incubators and find that out for yourself. And nobody can gurantee you SUV WP or PR. You will have to do the ground work yourself as each startup is different and might not be relevant to the incubator someone else got through.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Kingcoon

Regards
Thomas
All the designated incubators are listed on the IRCC website. You need to decide which one fits best with your business concept.

Reactions: Startup_Visa