+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Increased PR application fee starting April 30, 2020

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
I applied on May 1st, and was kicking myself for missing the notice about this as I could have made the deadline. But when it came down to it, the system did not charge me the new rates, will be interesting to see if they come back and ask for a top up payment. Not sure if they have given a grace on the increase of fees due to the COVID situation, or maybe the team that would need to make the update for the new rates in the system is not working right now? who knows...

I just hope they don't arbitrarily fail me at some stage because it looks like I didn't meet some kind of requirement related to fees! <-- likely just paranoid ;)

iptbill

Feb 20, 2020
Lahore, PK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
If you applied on May 1st. You should definitely go ahead and pay the difference otherwise risk rejection.

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
I applied on May 1st, and was kicking myself for missing the notice about this as I could have made the deadline. But when it came down to it, the system did not charge me the new rates, will be interesting to see if they come back and ask for a top up payment. Not sure if they have given a grace on the increase of fees due to the COVID situation, or maybe the team that would need to make the update for the new rates in the system is not working right now? who knows...

I just hope they don't arbitrarily fail me at some stage because it looks like I didn't meet some kind of requirement related to fees! <-- likely just paranoid ;)
They will simply put your file on Hold if the entire payment is not done. Its one of their crietia and will be posted on the GCMS notes .
It might delay your process / I suggest you to pay the fee upfront and raise the Webform..

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
They will simply put your file on Hold if the entire payment is not done. Its one of their crietia and will be posted on the GCMS notes .
It might delay your process / I suggest you to pay the fee upfront and raise the Webform..
just did the additional payment and webform using instructions posted by @EmyHoang in the May AOR thread.

Reactions: pavan23

jaibajrangbali

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
10-10-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-01-2020
Hi folks. I applied for express entry on 30th April 1 am EDT. Do you think I need to pay more? I received confirmation of application acceptance and that they are processing it.

I also have not received the request to submit biometrics that I heard was sent quickly after applying maybe because biometrics centres are closed. Am I right to assume that?

Please help.
IRCC system time is based on UTC.
Example: 8 PM EDT is 12 AM UTC.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Hello,

Has anyone recently paid for the new RPRF in two parts? The process seems to be really stressful.
I have made the first payment which is the "Payable difference" of $10. I had the receipt sent to my email. But I'm unable to proceed to pay the rest of the fee ($490) in my account as required?

Any ideas?

Qazi am

Mar 3, 2018
Hi all, I submitted and paid my application on April 29th night Toronto time. But AOR shows date April 30th. For my case, do I need to apply the new ee application fee, I.e. pay the difference? Please advise, thanks.
Hi i m in the same situation. Can u pls suggest what hv u done

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi i m in the same situation. Can u pls suggest what hv u done
It doesn't matter, it's not the date when you receive the AOR but when your application was transmitted which is very likely the 29th, and even if it were the 30th as long as it is before 9 am EST.

iptbill

Feb 20, 2020
Lahore, PK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
Another confusion.

CONTEXT: I paid for my Express Entry FSW application on 20 EDT 29th April (as stated on the receipt) which is before 9am EDT 30th April when fee was increased. But my application acknowledgment and the dashboard just says application submitted on 30th April 2020.

I just received a request letter saying we need to pay the difference. I'm super confused.

QUESTION #1: Should I pay the difference? Which is $412.17 (570 CAD) for me and my spouse? Or should I upload the old receipt and explain that I paid on 29th not 30th?

QUESTIONS #2: If I pay, the additional payment is meant to be paid via https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10115&lang=en link. When I try to login there it says I don't have an account. Does my EE account not work here? Should I create a new account here for payment with the same email ID and download the receipt and upload to my original account?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Another confusion.

CONTEXT: I paid for my Express Entry FSW application on 20 EDT 29th April (as stated on the receipt) which is before 9am EDT 30th April when fee was increased. But my application acknowledgment and the dashboard just says application submitted on 30th April 2020.

I just received a request letter saying we need to pay the difference. I'm super confused.

QUESTION #1: Should I pay the difference? Which is $412.17 (570 CAD) for me and my spouse? Or should I upload the old receipt and explain that I paid on 29th not 30th?

QUESTIONS #2: If I pay, the additional payment is meant to be paid via https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10115&lang=en link. When I try to login there it says I don't have an account. Does my EE account not work here? Should I create a new account here for payment with the same email ID and download the receipt and upload to my original account?
1. Yes. It doesn't matter when you paid. It matters when you actually applied. Since you applied after the increase, you need to pay the additional fees.

2. Don't know. You can just create an account to pay.

iptbill

Feb 20, 2020
Lahore, PK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2020
AOR Received.
29-04-2020
1. Yes. It doesn't matter when you paid. It matters when you actually applied. Since you applied after the increase, you need to pay the additional fees.
I actually paid and applied at the same time. That was 20:08 EDT 29th April. The receipt states this date and the status also. But the dashboard says my application was submitted on 30th April.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I actually paid and applied at the same time. That was 20:08 EDT 29th April. The receipt states this date and the status also. But the dashboard says my application was submitted on 30th April.
As they have decided you must pay, failure to do so could result in a refusal, even if you are right. Personally, I would still pay the fees to prevent refusal for now but also try to fight it.

Reactions: iptbill
May 27, 2020
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2020
AOR Received.
19-05-2020
Med's Request
04-05-2020
Med's Done....
07-05-2020
just did the additional payment and webform using instructions posted by @EmyHoang in the May AOR thread.
Hi, did you receive a response for submitting the webform? Can you please us know the reply?