+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect work permit expiry date

jusleonardo1

May 12, 2011
I applied and recieved a temporary work permit valid for one year. After entering Canada i relaised that the expiry date on the visa in my passport was for August the 3rd instead of a year from entry which would have been October. I filed out the appropriate forms to get the date of my visa corrected. However i sent the forms and letters by recorded post 6 months ago but have not heard anything. I am now back in the UK but i am looking to return to Canada to continue to work until october. How can i get the incorrect date on my work permit changed and what is the quickest way to do this?

Thanks!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jusleonardo1 said:
I applied and recieved a temporary work permit valid for one year. After entering Canada i relaised that the expiry date on the visa in my passport was for August the 3rd instead of a year from entry which would have been October. I filed out the appropriate forms to get the date of my visa corrected. However i sent the forms and letters by recorded post 6 months ago but have not heard anything. I am now back in the UK but i am looking to return to Canada to continue to work until october. How can i get the incorrect date on my work permit changed and what is the quickest way to do this?

Thanks!
Is it the visa that was wrong or the work permit. Two different documents with two different meanings.

shilohtaz1

Sep 4, 2012
I have just realised that my VALIDITY DATE IS WRONG.

. On it it says validity date 22-6-12 and then the line below that goes one may not enter Canada any later than the validity date shown above.

The vailidty date 22-6-12 was the same date that i recieved the email attached below stating how i got my visa. So my visa is expired already even though i got it on d same day??

I am flying out in 2 DAYS and need someone to URGENTLY contact me!!!!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shilohtaz1 said:
I have just realised that my VALIDITY DATE IS WRONG.

. On it it says validity date 22-6-12 and then the line below that goes one may not enter Canada any later than the validity date shown above.

The vailidty date 22-6-12 was the same date that i recieved the email attached below stating how i got my visa. So my visa is expired already even though i got it on d same day??

I am flying out in 2 DAYS and need someone to URGENTLY contact me!!!!
No, you need to urgently contact the embassy that issued the visa. They are the only ones who can do anything about it. Sorry but you are probably going to have to postpone your flight until this is corrected.

akmreddy22

Jan 10, 2013
wrong employer name on my work permit

HI I have received my work permit recently today, under my old lmo but I have not submited that when I was applied for my work permit, I sent them lmo is in processing, when I got my LMO I called to CIC and told them my file number. but my work permit issued based on old LMO. it is not my mistake.

2) when they issue work permit what employer name they use on my work permit I mean employer legal name or business name.

Pls any one give me advice..

Regards,

RemyI

Aug 22, 2015
I have a temporary work permit valid for one year. After entering Canada I found that the expiry date on the work permit was incorrect. The work permit expires in three months. What should I do?

sujithvarma

Jun 13, 2017
i have a work permit valid for two years i have a confusion that it shows from 25/05/2017 to 25/05/2019 expiry is it fine or else , im i need to contact embassy please help me

smwilson92

Jan 22, 2018
I have a temporary work permit valid for one year. After entering Canada I found that the expiry date on the work permit was incorrect. The work permit expires in three months. What should I do?
I’ve just realized this has happened to me as well! How/did you get it sorted?

ka777

Feb 16, 2018
Same situation for me, got my POE introduction letter expiry date as my WP expiry date. Anyone got it corrected ?

Cody41793

Oct 1, 2019
Hi There! This happened to me also - the date on my 2 year visa was entered as the date I needed to enter Canada by and not 2 years (giving me 7 months). I went back to Vancouver international airport (the airport I received the visa from) to the CBSA office and they were able to fix it super quickly!