+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect score on ITA

papssie

Aug 9, 2015
Hi, hoping that someone can help me!

I received an ITA on Aug 7, 2015. I noticed that the details in my invitation letter are not correct. Per the letter, my overall points score is 494, and my Foreign Work Experience score is 50.

I had previously received an ITA at a score of 494. I declined this invitation and made changes to my profile. My overall points score per my updated profile is 482 and my Foreign Work Experience score is 38. These changes were transmitted and confirmed.

The ITA I received on August 7, 2015 is not correct as it indicates that I still have a score of 494. My score should be 482.

Seems to be a system error - it is pulling previously submitted information. I do not want this to hinder my application as I will be submitting documents based on my score of 38 (not 50) for Foreign Work Experience, and overall score of 482, per my most up to date profile.

What should I do???

Thanks in advance!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
papssie said:
Hi, hoping someone can help me!

I received an ITA on Aug 7, 2015. I noticed that the details in my invitation letter are not correct. Per the letter, my overall points score is 494, and my Foreign Work Experience score is 50.

I had previously received an ITA at a score of 494. I declined this invitation and made changes to my profile. My overall points score per my updated profile is 482 and my Foreign Work Experience score is 38. These changes were transmitted and confirmed.

The ITA I received on August 7, 2015 is not correct as it indicates that I still have a score of 494. My score should be 482.

Seems to be a system error - it is pulling previously submitted information. I do not want this to hinder my application as I will be submitting documents based on my score of 38 (not 50) for Foreign Work Experience, and overall score of 482, per my most up to date profile.

What should I do???

Thanks in advance!
The August 7 draw included ALL applicants with scores of 471 or higher. Your scores are still within your draw, so the lower score will not make a difference. You can, of course, include a letter of explanation, but you don't have to - you were still eligible for your draw.

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
papssie said:

What should I do???

Thanks in advance!
You should be ok as long as your score of 482 is not lower than the lowest score of 471. If it were lower, you would have had to decline.

Reginald

Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
papssie said:

What should I do???

Thanks in advance!

I had the same problem in July. I Sent a CSE, and was told that their system had my current score, and that It was okay to proceed, however, I would not be getting another ITA letter.

For me, most of the changes I made after rejecting the first ITA reverted even though I ensured transmission. It is challenging for me as now I have to prove factors I had deleted. I considered declining the ITA again, but on a second thought, I decided that the same or different system error might occur in a new ITA so I'm doing my best to submit an application with this ITA.

I am as confused as you, and can benefit from answers here.

sweet pea

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2-15
Doc's Request.
SCHEDULE A IMM5669 24-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-05-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
had a co-worker which has ITA and when the CIC is reviewing all the documents submitted including the points, discrepancy was found on her points and her application was refused, this happened last MAY.

Reginald

Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
sweet pea said:
had a co-worker which has ITA and when the CIC is reviewing all the documents submitted including the points, discrepancy was found on her points and her application was refused, this happened last MAY.
Would you be willing to elaborate on the discrepancies that CIC found? For example, did the discrepancies reduce you co-worker's points? or were there claims that could not be substantiated?

sweet pea

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2-15
Doc's Request.
SCHEDULE A IMM5669 24-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-05-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
Reginald said:
Would you be willing to elaborate on the discrepancies that CIC found? For example, did the discrepancies reduce you co-worker's points? or were there claims that could not be substantiated?
she told us that the findings of recomputation of her points had decreased. dont know how much it was but still the score was still high to get an ITA. or still in the same CRS REQUIRED

Reginald

Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
sweet pea said:
she told us that the findings of recomputation of her points had decreased. dont know how much it was but still the score was still high to get an ITA. or still in the same CRS REQUIRED
Thank you, @ Sweet Pea.

papssie

Aug 9, 2015
Gosh. Well I've submitted a case specific enquiry. I don't want their error to affect me. Don't want to have to decline another ITA either :(

Any pointers, Asivad...?

toaj

Mar 28, 2015
I am in same situation, received invite letter with lower score than on my online profile. CIC agent repeatedly said that as long as my score is above the draw cut-off it will not hamper the PR processing.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
papssie said:
Gosh. Well I've submitted a case specific enquiry. I don't want their error to affect me. Don't want to have to decline another ITA either :(

Any pointers, Asivad...?
You don't have to decline this ITA. As others explained, your revised score is still higher than the lowest score. You do owe them an LOE to highlight the discrepancy.

gur1122

Jul 27, 2015
dobes said:
The August 7 draw included ALL applicants with scores of 471 or higher. Your scores are still within your draw, so the lower score will not make a difference. You can, of course, include a letter of explanation, but you don't have to - you were still eligible for your draw.
Hi dobes,

have a question related to the last draw as well:it is regarding the EE PNP and my score is 1059, for some issues on my profile I am thinking of declining my ITA. I am a bit confused that if the PNP score applicable to your profile only once or can be carried forward to future invitations. ANY idea that my score will remain the same even after I decline ITA (in other words would the pnp score remain) as I dont want to lose that!

any suggestions would be helpful, thank you

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gur1122 said:
Hi dobes,

have a question related to the last draw as well:it is regarding the EE PNP and my score is 1059, for some issues on my profile I am thinking of declining my ITA. I am a bit confused that if the PNP score applicable to your profile only once or can be carried forward to future invitations. ANY idea that my score will remain the same even after I decline ITA (in other words would the pnp score remain) as I dont want to lose that!

any suggestions would be helpful, thank you
The PNP should tell you how long it is valid for. As long as it is still valid, you will keep your high score. That score will guarantee you a place in any draw - but there is no guarantee of how many more draws there will be. Decline only for the most insurmountable reasons!

gur1122

Jul 27, 2015
dobes said:
The PNP should tell you how long it is valid for. As long as it is still valid, you will keep your high score. That score will guarantee you a place in any draw - but there is no guarantee of how many more draws there will be. Decline only for the most insurmountable reasons!
thanks Dobes, my PNP is valid until OCTOBER15-2015 and I have talked to the PNP authorties about the extension if needed.They are ok with if it comes to that.

the reason I am thinking of declining the ITA is as follows:
I am on PGWP and have said "YES" to job offer (as per CIC instructions, you should only say YES if you have a LMIA supported job, which I don't), now that I read the instructions it makes sense to say "NO" to the job offer as its not supported by LMIA or LMO etc. I already got the ITA, Do you think this reason is worth declining the ITA and then update the profile and then wait for another ITA? also is there any limit on how many times can you decline the ITA?

Thanks in advance!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gur1122 said:
thanks Dobes, my PNP is valid until OCTOBER15-2015 and I have talked to the PNP authorties about the extension if needed.They are ok with if it comes to that.

the reason I am thinking of declining the ITA is as follows:
I am on PGWP and have said "YES" to job offer (as per CIC instructions, you should only say YES if you have a LMIA supported job, which I don't), now that I read the instructions it makes sense to say "NO" to the job offer as its not supported by LMIA or LMO etc. I already got the ITA, Do you think this reason is worth declining the ITA and then update the profile and then wait for another ITA? also is there any limit on how many times can you decline the ITA?

Thanks in advance!
That reason isn't good enough to decline the ITA. Saying Yes to that question makes no difference to your application. You can change that answer to No in your post ITA profile without any repercussions.

Don't bother declining the ITA on these grounds.