+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect Refusal by CIC

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yeah, I wonder what IRCC protocol around a situation like this will be. My guess - hope - is that they look at your IQAS ECA and say, well, an officer needs to review this and either uphold it or not. Upholding it would mean they could discard your WES ECA in support of the IQAS one (in which you can run in circles/open a bottle of champagne, etc.). Or they may choose not to uphold the IQAS ECA and simply ask for a further clarification of your WES one. What you've done by sending them the IQAS ECA is given yourself a fighting chance that they can't simply reject your eligibility based solely on the WES ECA. You have put them in a quandary where they can't entirely ignore the IQAS ECA - you see? It will have to be at least looked at and recorded in your notes by a case analyst or program assistant. Think of the the IQAS ECA as your armor against an outright rejection at this point because they will have some real explaining to do if they try to reject your application.
You were correct. Received an ADR for WES ECA copy.

Now I wonder what will happen next

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Look at point 2 below, @SithLord. You need to use your IQAS assessment as leverage to get WES to potentially change the summary.

It's possible they're asking for an upload of the WES report because they only have access to the summary and not the full two-page report?

I am glad you were proactive and took matters into your own hands by getting another ECA done! As far as I know, an assessment from IQAS or WES has the same weight as an assessment from any of the recognized assessment bodies.

If you're worried you could have the same fate as @gotyou0000, there are two things you can do. You need to take a call based on your GCMS notes on whether to act:

1. Raise a CSE or speak to IRCC about your second assessment which clearly shows the two degrees/diplomas as recognized separately.
2. Get back in touch with WES with more vigor and try to convince them to include the diploma as a second line on your summary. @GauravChopra4 could be a good resource for this - see his posts above; his summary mentions both degrees/diplomas.

Reactions: mumbaikar88

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Look at point 2 below, @SithLord. You need to use your IQAS assessment as leverage to get WES to potentially change the summary.

It's possible they're asking for an upload of the WES report because they only have access to the summary and not the full two-page report?
Well, I did contact WES twice and asked them to change the summary but they haven't replied at all.

I really don't know what to do anymore.

mnayyar3

Dec 21, 2018
hi can you please help me figure out what is certificate of qualification. i checked on the checklist i am not able to figure out what is it they are lookking for in particular. how can i change it now. because i do not have any certificate of trade or skill. i have a advanced diploma from my college. is it referring to WES Evaluation. i have that for my bachelor education from india.
if not
then can i decline the invitation and make edit to the answer and submit the file again ??

would i be eligible again once i withdraw my profile.

can you please tell me how do i proceed with this.

thanks

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
The OP did not have a completed degree like Master's in your case, that's why the whole confusion with 2 or more degrees played out. You should be ok in your case as your highest degree is a Master's degree and should claim points neatly as the Master's degree holder.

For your second question, do go and have a look at WES forums. It's a pretty common thing that you can explain with an LoE or get a name similarity affidavit done.

Folks, now I am worried after submitting my EE profile for education history:

WES Summary:
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

Breakdown:
BE as Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
MS as Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree

Education history selected in EE profile:
Master's degree
Bachelor's degree

Am I trouble with CIC (now that I have received ITA) for selecting 2 degrees in EE profile while WES summary states Master's degree

Another issue:

My name on BE degree is : Varun Singh A
My name on MS degree is : Varun Singh Amar singh

In WES report, I see:
The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above.

before Summary results, how is this to be interpreted by CIC, will it cause further confusion to them ?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
The OP did not have a completed degree like Master's in your case, that's why the whole confusion with 2 or more degrees played out. You should be ok in your case as your highest degree is a Master's degree and should claim points neatly as the Master's degree holder.

For your second question, do go and have a look at WES forums. It's a pretty common thing that you can explain with an LoE or get a name similarity affidavit done.

Thank you very much!

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
hi can you please help me figure out what is certificate of qualification. i checked on the checklist i am not able to figure out what is it they are lookking for in particular. how can i change it now. because i do not have any certificate of trade or skill. i have a advanced diploma from my college. is it referring to WES Evaluation. i have that for my bachelor education from india.
if not
then can i decline the invitation and make edit to the answer and submit the file again ??

would i be eligible again once i withdraw my profile.

can you please tell me how do i proceed with this.

thanks
When entering your profile details in your e-APR, there is a section titled 'Canadian Certificate of Qualification' under Work History.
The question asked is "Does the (Applicant name) have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian province or territory?"

By any chance, have you answered 'yes' to this question? This may be the reason why you are being provided a placeholder for such a document.
If you respond with a 'No' then the placeholder in your checklist should disappear.

VjolaBushaj

Feb 3, 2019
Hi, in order to help you, could you please take screenshots of the WES ECA report as well as the letter you have received from IRCC? You can black out any identifying information, then upload the screenshots on a site like Imgur and post them here as images using the 'image' icon (right next to the smiley icon). There are a few things that strike me as inconsistent since you appear to have passed R10 and A11.2, given you're saying your eligibility was marked 'met' at some point during the process.

Also, what Canadian-equivalent categories did you pick for each of the two qualifications?

And please thank @SithLord for helping to bring this to our attention. I hope we can help.
Sorry can i ask you something. Did you just upload your Wes report on the education section. I mean that was enough?