+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect Refusal by CIC

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
it might be just how WES does the ECA...
https://www.slideshare.net/jeffhawk/2998311-wes-evaluation-jeff-hawkins-phd
This guy had his PhD and MA evaluated, but only PhD is mentioned in the summary.
DAMN!! So WES were correct and I panicked for no reason :(:(:( So does the summary matter or not?

I even raised a CSE requesting them to change my WES ECA to IQAS ECA :(:(:(

How much confusion is this going to my application through? :D:D:D:D That too with just 15 days left. This just sucks lol

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Fact 1: The author of this post had their application rejected because their WES summary is not consistent with their qualifications as already recognized within the same report.
Fact 2: Other people have two degree/diplomas mentioned in their WES summary, like @GauravChopra4.
Fact 3: You can't dictate to IRCC to change your ECA from WES to IQAS, especially at this late stage; all you can hope for is IRCC entertains this additional information in support of your "two certificates" claim.

Maybe you missed this post - covers the same points I raised earlier: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/incorrect-refusal-by-cic.621732/#post-7751724

Sometimes I feel like your memory is like that of a fish - one circle around the fish bowl and you seem to forget what you've just talked about/absorbed. ;) Hehe. Just kidding - only trying to help you.

DAMN!! So WES were correct and I panicked for no reason :(:(:( So does the summary matter or not?
I even raised a CSE requesting them to change my WES ECA to IQAS ECA :(:(:(
How much confusion is this going to my application through? :D:D:D:D That too with just 15 days left. This just sucks lol

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Fact 1: The author of this post had their application rejected because their WES summary is not consistent with their qualifications as already recognized within the same report.
Fact 2: Other people have two degree/diplomas mentioned in their WES summary, like @GauravChopra4.
Fact 3: You can't dictate to IRCC to change your ECA from WES to IQAS, especially at this late stage; all you can hope for is IRCC entertains this additional information in support of your "two certificates" claim.

Maybe you missed this post - covers the same points I raised earlier: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/incorrect-refusal-by-cic.621732/#post-7751724

Sometimes I feel like your memory is like that of a fish - one circle around the fish bowl and you seem to forget what you've just talked about/absorbed. ;) Hehe. Just kidding - only trying to help you.
Yes, I'm like Dory from Finding Nemo :p

My WES ECA first gave the PG Certificate - PG Diploma one semester equivalency then later changed it to just PG Diploma but failed to update the summary. This WES just keeps stressing me out.

I know they won't change my ECA this late but I made the request anyways. Oh well, just have to hope they take in the IQAS ECA as additional information.

The officer in charge of my application is going to have a pretty good time :D:D

Reactions: RR9187

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Yeah, I wonder what IRCC protocol around a situation like this will be. My guess - hope - is that they look at your IQAS ECA and say, well, an officer needs to review this and either uphold it or not. Upholding it would mean they could discard your WES ECA in support of the IQAS one (in which you can run in circles/open a bottle of champagne, etc.). Or they may choose not to uphold the IQAS ECA and simply ask for a further clarification of your WES one. What you've done by sending them the IQAS ECA is given yourself a fighting chance that they can't simply reject your eligibility based solely on the WES ECA. You have put them in a quandary where they can't entirely ignore the IQAS ECA - you see? It will have to be at least looked at and recorded in your notes by a case analyst or program assistant. Think of the the IQAS ECA as your armor against an outright rejection at this point because they will have some real explaining to do if they try to reject your application.

My WES ECA first gave the PG Certificate - PG Diploma one semester equivalency then later changed it to just PG Diploma but failed to update the summary. This WES just keeps stressing me out.

I know they won't change my ECA this late but I made the request anyways. Oh well, just have to hope they take in the IQAS ECA as additional information.

The officer in charge of my application is going to have a pretty good time :D:D

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yeah, I wonder what IRCC protocol around a situation like this will be. My guess - hope - is that they look at your IQAS ECA and say, well, an officer needs to review this and either uphold it or not. Upholding it would mean they could discard your WES ECA in support of the IQAS one (in which you can run in circles/open a bottle of champagne, etc.). Or they may choose not to uphold the IQAS ECA and simply ask for a further clarification of your WES one. What you've done by sending them the IQAS ECA is given yourself a fighting chance that they can't simply reject your eligibility based solely on the WES ECA. You have put them in a conundrum where they can't entirely ignore the IQAS ECA - you see? It will have to be at least looked at and recorded in your notes by a case analyst or program assistant. Think of the the IQAS ECA as your armor against an outright rejection at this point because they will have some real explaining to do if they try to reject your application.
That last part makes me very happy :D:D:D

I hope they discard my WES ECA and just go with IQAS, simple solution lol :p:p

So glad I went for IQAS :):)

Thank you for your input :)

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017

What supporting documents did you have to provide to have them change from 1 semester to PG Diploma?

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Folks, now I am worried after submitting my EE profile for education history:

WES Summary:
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

Breakdown:
BE as Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
MS as Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree

Education history selected in EE profile:
Master's degree
Bachelor's degree

Am I trouble with CIC (now that I have received ITA) for selecting 2 degrees in EE profile while WES summary states Master's degree

Another issue:

My name on BE degree is : Varun Singh A
My name on MS degree is : Varun Singh Amar singh

In WES report, I see:
The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above.

before Summary results, how is this to be interpreted by CIC, will it cause further confusion to them ?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Last edited:

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
In your Express Entry profile you indicated that you have acquired ‘two or more post-secondary program
credential AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program
of three years or longer’ (119 CRS points). In support of this, you indicated that you have obtained two
foreign credentials: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Diploma in French from Panjab University in India.
As per your WES (ECA#: 33xxxxxIMM) – Educational Credential Assessment on file, I note that the
Canadian Equivalency Summary for your two declared foreign credentials states a ‘Bachelor’s Degree
(four years)’.
As per your WES (ECA#: 33xxxxxIMM) – Educational Credential Assessment on file, I also note that the
Canadian Equivalency for the foreign credential, Advanced Diploma in French from Panjab University is
described as: ‘Completion of a college-level certificate (one year)’. As per the Ministerial Instructions respecting the Express Entry System, this foreign credential does not constitute to at least a one-year
post-secondary program credential equivalency assessment.

If I understand correctly, the officer interprets that "Advanced Diploma in French" (described as: ‘Completion of a college-level certificate (one year)’) is not equivalent to at least a one-year post-secondary program credential equivalency assessment even though WES has recognized it as (described as: ‘Completion of a college-level certificate (one year)’)

Is CIC considering and measuring Degrees now independent of WES' evaluation ?

In a nut shell WES ECA should have read if going for 2 or more degree/certificate:
"Bachelor's degree (Three years) and One year College certificate"

But not:
"Bachelor's degree (four years)" (Assuming his Bachelors of 3 years + 1 year diploma got summed upto four years)

Last edited:

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018

WES Summary:
Master's degree

Breakdown:

Master's degree
Bachelor's degree

Am I trouble with CIC (now that I have received ITA) for selecting 2 degrees in EE profile while WES summary states Master's degree

Another issue:

In WES report, I see:
The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above.

before Summary results, how is this to be interpreted by CIC, will it cause further confusion to them ?

Why did you select 2 degrees. I had same scenario, BE from India and MS from US.

WES Summary:

Master's degree

when asked for level of education? I selected Master's degree because we only get points for Highest degree. May I ask what option did you selected ?

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018

WES Summary:
Master's degree

Breakdown:

Master's degree
Bachelor's degree

Another issue:

In WES report, I see:

even I had some issues with names on various degree certificates. I explained the same in LOE and had no problem in getting PR.

Reactions: spirit.varun

spirit.varun

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Why did you select 2 degrees. I had same scenario, BE from India and MS from US.

WES Summary:

Master's degree

when asked for level of education? I selected Master's degree because we only get points for Highest degree. May I ask what option did you selected ?

Selected : Master's Degree and Bachelor's Degree under Education History.
My consultant did, only rationale I could think of is as my WES contains ECA for both Master's and Bachelor's. how about yours ?

Last edited:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
What supporting documents did you have to provide to have them change from 1 semester to PG Diploma?
My university provided a letter stating it is a 1 year program and the minimum entry requirement was a bachelor's degree, the course can be completed in 6 months.