Incorrect Place of Birth - Saudi PCC

gokul.chandran

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Hi all,

I am an Indian National residing in Saudi Arabia.
The place of birth (POB) has been incorrectly indicated in wife's Saudi PCC. My wife was born in KSA but the POB was incorrectly entered as India. I was asked by the Police authorities to get the POB corrected with the Passports Office (Jawazat). The police authorities will issue a new PCC after the correction.

However, the authorities at the Passports Office refused to change the POB. We even provided them with the birth certificate issued by the Saudi health ministry. They still refused to change the POB.

We are now in a fix since the POB in the Indian Passport indicates KSA but the POB in Saudi PCC indicates India. All the other information in the Saudi PCC is correct. Can we submit the same PCC with incorrect POB and provide additional documents like Saudi birth certificate, resident ID, birth certificate letter from Indian embassy of Riyadh, etc. along with an explanation.

Kindly suggest

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi all,

I am an Indian National residing in Saudi Arabia.
The place of birth (POB) has been incorrectly indicated in wife's Saudi PCC. My wife was born in KSA but the POB was incorrectly entered as India. I was asked by the Police authorities to get the POB corrected with the Passports Office (Jawazat). The police authorities will issue a new PCC after the correction.

However, the authorities at the Passports Office refused to change the POB. We even provided them with the birth certificate issued by the Saudi health ministry. They still refused to change the POB.

We are now in a fix since the POB in the Indian Passport indicates KSA but the POB in Saudi PCC indicates India. All the other information in the Saudi PCC is correct. Can we submit the same PCC with incorrect POB and provide additional documents like Saudi birth certificate, resident ID, birth certificate letter from Indian embassy of Riyadh, etc. along with an explanation.

Kindly suggest
What did you end up doing? I already submitted my application but noticed later than PoB in my Saudi PCC is mentioned wrong, instead of Saudi Arabia it is mentioned Pakistan(home country) i dont know what to do now??? One of my friend suggested that i make affidavit clarifying the issue and upload it along with birth cert as proof...I cant get a new PCC cuz I am no longer in KSA and as you know Saudi gov doesnt provide pccs to non residents.

gokul.chandran

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
What did you end up doing? I already submitted my application but noticed later than PoB in my Saudi PCC is mentioned wrong, instead of Saudi Arabia it is mentioned Pakistan(home country) i dont know what to do now??? One of my friend suggested that i make affidavit clarifying the issue and upload it along with birth cert as proof...I cant get a new PCC cuz I am no longer in KSA and as you know Saudi gov doesnt provide pccs to non residents.
Hi,

I spoke to my consultant who clarified that incorrect PoB in the Saudi PCC is a common issue and would not be a problem when it is reviewed by CIC agents.
My consultant sugeested that we write an explanation stating that the PoB mentioned in the Saudi PCC is incorrect and may please be ignored.I also submitted the scanned copy of the original birth certificate, issued by the Indian Embassy, Riyadh, which clearly mentions that place of birth as KSA.

So, in effect, I submitted the following documents as a single PDF.
1. Saudi PCC - Scan of original
2. Certified Translation of Saudi PCC - got a certified translation done by a Canadian based, IRCC accreditated translator - http://www.docsbase.ca/
3. Explanation stating incorrect PoB in Saudi PCC.
4. Birth certificate issued by Indian Embassy, Riyadh
5. Scan of IQAMA - since the Saudi PCC has the Iqama number mentioned on it.

Reactions: artificial.nocturne

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi,

I spoke to my consultant who clarified that incorrect PoB in the Saudi PCC is a common issue and would not be a problem when it is reviewed by CIC agents.
My consultant sugeested that we write an explanation stating that the PoB mentioned in the Saudi PCC is incorrect and may please be ignored.I also submitted the scanned copy of the original birth certificate, issued by the Indian Embassy, Riyadh, which clearly mentions that place of birth as KSA.

2. Certified Translation of Saudi PCC - got a certified translation done by a Canadian based, IRCC accreditated translator - http://www.docsbase.ca/
Thanks for your reply, now the thing is I have already submitted my application but now thinking of raising a CSE and attaching LOE + Affidavit (that explains the place discrepancy + Certified Translation including Affidavit by Translator + Original Birth Certificate.

I contacted docsbase for a quote they said "True copy is done by a Notary only after you bring an original to him/her. Will you be bringing it to our office?...? what does this mean, can only canadian residents utilize services of docsbase? Can you please tell me how did you go about getting the translation done by them and also how much it cost?? Thank you.

Last edited:

gokul.chandran

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Well,

I sent them a request, along with the scan of the Saudi PCC, asking for a certified translation and the agency to which I will be submitting the translation (IRCC). They sent me a quote (CAN$ 62). I also asked them if they could courier the hard copy of the translation to Saudi Arabia, they asked me to pay the courier charges (around CAN$ 50) and the address to which the document has to be sent.
Once I paid the amount, they process and send you the draft of the translation (by e-mail) so that you can check and tell them if there is any discrepancy.(They had made a +1 day error in the DOB when converting from Hijri date to Gregorian). I asked them to correct the mistake and they sent me the scanned copy of the certified translation by the next day. I received the hard copy of the translation by courier after 7 days.

Hope this info helps.

I belive, the issue of incorrect PoB in the Saudi PCC is a common one. As long as the PoB is correctly mentioned in the Passport, it should not be an issue.
I would suggest you can send a LOE and attach your original Birth certificate as proof of PoB to IRCC.

ayeshabegum

Jan 5, 2018
Hello,
I am in the same situation. However, I am getting the translation done from a certified translator but not an IRCC accredited one. Is that ok? Also, I do not have iqama as I exited from Saudi Arabia almost 2 years back.
Help please.

ayeshabegum

Jan 5, 2018
Did
Hi,

Did it get accepted and did you receive your PR?